Update available on Verizon Software Update Assistant. Possibly KitKat

Search This thread

jeremy81

Jun 17, 2010
Oklahoma
Verizon Software Update Assistant on Mac just popped up and started downloading an update. It doesn't say what version but I'm assuming it's KitKat. My internet is only 1mb down right now so it will be awhile before it's finished.

MrCapcom

May 14, 2009
Downloading through kies now. Haven't used this before might start using to do a local backup

bdrlgn05

May 11, 2011
Pulled it from the software upgrade assistant as well. When I did a manual check on the phone it said was up to date.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-12-08-45-01.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-12-08-45-01.png
    188.5 KB · Views: 929

petermin

Dec 15, 2013
Rom n900vvrucnc4

N900VVRUCNC4
samsung-updates.com/device/?id=SM-N900V&details=Galaxy_Note_3__Verizon
samsung-updates.com/details/27868/Galaxy_Note_3_Verizon/SM-N900V/VZW/N900VVRUCNC4.html

ryanbg

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2008
movr0.com
If someone can send me aboot, sbl1, rpm, and tz, I will tell you if we can downgrade. It looks like this is NC4.

BeansTown106

Dec 22, 2011
BeanTown USA
If someone can send me aboot, sbl1, rpm, and tz, I will tell you if we can downgrade. It looks like this is NC4.

im downloading tar now wioll get u files shortly

ps- why are all u guys updating :/ the chances of ever getting root again on this rom are slim to none unless the bootloader isnt incremented which ishighly unlikely.. look at the s5 13k bounty for just root and its still not out yet..

let me tear through this and provide a safe way to update and keep root

Last edited:

dmsaia

Feb 10, 2010

ps- why are all u guys updating :/ the chances of ever getting root again on this rom are slim to none unless the bootloader isnt incremented which ishighly unlikely.. look at the s5 13k bounty for just root and its still not out yet..

You da man Beans!

Michael R.

Feb 27, 2014
Seattle
Don't think Kingo works with NC4...

Yeah I wasn't going to try, I run ARLiberator and I didnt pay $30 for nothing. Seriously considering the highly advocated leak though now that I have actually taken the time to read through the PSA and thread comments.

I'm kind of a noob though, I don't understand a lot of the intricacies of programming. Am I correct in assuming that if they are able to build a custom kernel with this unprotected firmware, it will be possible to install non TW roms Like CM11 one day?:confused:

Last edited:

BeansTown106

Dec 22, 2011
BeanTown USA
Yeah I wasn't going to try, I run ARLiberator and I didnt pay $30 for nothing. Seriously considering your highly advocated leak though now that I have actually taken the time to read through your PSA and thread comments.

I'm kind of a noob though, I don't understand a lot of the intricacies of programming. Am I correct in assuming that if you are able to build a custom kernel with this unprotected firmware, it will be possible to install non TW roms Like CM11 one day?:confused:

if the kexec module is perfected it will allow us to 2nd boot a aosp kernel and in turn run aosp roms like cm11,aokp,gummy etc. this is a hard task but having the opportunity to use it is a very good thing

T3KN0P13

Jul 6, 2013
Lantana, Fl
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the general forums for the Verizon Note 3? Some might just like being informed about the stock update in a thread without it being bombarded with beans rom posts. We do have the posts about this already I believe.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

dhufford81

Jul 18, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the general forums for the Verizon Note 3? Some might just like being informed about the stock update in a thread without it being bombarded with beans rom posts. We do have the posts about this already I believe.

I wish there was a thumbs down button. :thumbdown:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

dont take the update.. i will provide a safe way to update and keep root and a way to be able to revert to the old kernel with the insecure modules for when kexec starts working if it cooperates..

I wish there was a thumbs down button. :thumbdown:

mehh.. all im doing is telling people to hold off on updating if they want to retain root because going forward there is no publicly diclosed CVE that we can use on kitkat at this point.. if ur here your more than likely here about rooting, roms, etc.

if u want the ota go for it i wont stop you but the bootloaders are definetly incremented so no going back and getting root

nc2 bootloader = 0000000200000009
    nc4 bootloader = 0000000300000009
    Yeah I wasn't going to try, I run ARLiberator and I didnt pay $30 for nothing. Seriously considering your highly advocated leak though now that I have actually taken the time to read through your PSA and thread comments.

I'm kind of a noob though, I don't understand a lot of the intricacies of programming. Am I correct in assuming that if you are able to build a custom kernel with this unprotected firmware, it will be possible to install non TW roms Like CM11 one day?:confused:

if the kexec module is perfected it will allow us to 2nd boot a aosp kernel and in turn run aosp roms like cm11,aokp,gummy etc. this is a hard task but having the opportunity to use it is a very good thing