Problem: bootloop / adb can't read device / can't install new rom

Search This thread

deadmau587

Oct 28, 2012
SOLVED - Please a Mod can change the title?

Hi to everyone and thanks in advance.

I tried to install Revolution Rom but after the last reboot, the ONE begin to loop on boot page.
I've read different thread and tried different solution, after all i've done i'm still blocked with these informations:

- One doesn't load the rom: i'm still blocked on the initial white screen
- I can access to BOOTLOADER and i can use the prompt with all "fastboot" command, but everytime i try to flash a zip, it return FAILED (remote: not allowed)
- adb doesn't read my device! I've tried different solution but still no device when i write "adb device" : i tried kill-server
- The only recover that works is CWM without touch, the other one block the phone on a black loop page
- htcdev/bootloader process correctly done
- i'm not able to access on One as Storage so i can't upload any file inside phone memory

Here information from "fastboot getvar all"
version: 0.5
version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
version-baseband: 4A.25.3263.21
version-cpld: None
version-microp: None
version-main: 4.19.401.11
version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
serialno: xxxx
imei: xxxx
meid: 00000000000000
product: m7_ul
platform: HBOOT-8064
modelid: PN0710000
cidnum: HTC__102
battery-status: good
battery-voltage: 4318mV
partition-layout: Generic
security: on
build-mode: SHIP
boot-mode: FASTBOOT
commitno-bootloader: dirty-4dab9d12
hbootpreupdate: 11
gencheckpt: 0

anyone can help me?
Just to have a working phone, doesn't matter the rom/versione

Thanks in advance,

Last edited:

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
First of all, remove your imei and serial number from your post, it's very dangerous to post it.

Second, only fastboot commands work in the boot loader, adb is for android and recovery, that's why your adb command of adb devices isn't working, try fastboot devices instead.

Last but not least, the Rom zip must be flashed from within recovery by selecting install, sounds to me like your trying to install it through fastboot flashing.

Have your tried flashing twrp or only cwm

Last edited:
Reactions: deadmau587

deadmau587

Oct 28, 2012
First of all, remove your imei and serial number from your post, it's very dangerous to post it.

Second, only fastboot commands work in the boot loader, adb is for android and recovery, that's why your adb command of adb devices isn't working, try fastboot devices instead.

Last but not least, the Rom zip must be flashed from within recovery by selecting install, sounds to me like your trying to install it through fastboot flashing.

Thanks for the reply:

- Ok i tried adb commands while One was in recovery. No response (List of device attached ---> nothing)
- Fastboot devices works while i'm in boot loader
- I can't flash rom from recovery because my One is empty --> I don't know how to move a Rom inside because i can't access to phone cause of the booloop problem

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
I would first start by flashing twrp recovery through fastboot command in the boot loader, get it from the twrp site, Google is your friend.

Next update your adb and fastboot, search this site for mini-sdk I don't have the links handy at the moment.

Then enter recovery, plug your phone in, put Rom.zip in the same folder as fastboot and adb on your computer then open a command Windows there, and type, adb push (Rom name).zip /sdcard/ then wait a while, it takes ages. You will know when it is done from the command prompt on your computer, then unplug your phone and install it from recovery.

Just one question, May sound stupid, but is your bootloader unlocked ?

Reactions: deadmau587

deadmau587

Oct 28, 2012
I would first start by flashing twrp recovery through fastboot command in the boot loader, get it from the twrp site, Google is your friend.

Next update your adb and fastboot, search this site for mini-sdk I don't have the links handy at the moment.

Then enter recovery, plug your phone in, put Rom.zip in the same folder as fastboot and adb on your computer then open a command Windows there, and type, adb push (Rom name).zip /sdcard/ then wait a while, it takes ages. You will know when it is done from the command prompt on your computer, then unplug your phone and install it from recovery.

Ok
- bootloader unlocked using htcdev

New issue:
- fastboot now doesn't read the phone!

as soon as pc will read my phone in boot loader i'll
- Install new recovery
- update adb and fastboot
- try the adb command

deadmau587

Oct 28, 2012
Ok

New issue:

- Install new recovery
- try the adb command

Ok guys: THANK YOU

1) fastboot doesn't works seems for low charge
2) downloaded new recovery
3) installed
4) updated adb and fastboot donwnloading mini-sdk
5) tried adb --> doesn't works

6) tried to reinstall correctly the driver
7) adb WORKS!
8) moved new rom using the command push
9) installed new rom
10) HTC ONE IS ALIVE!

Yea! thanks to everyone!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Have your tried flashing twrp or only cwm

Ok

New issue:

- Install new recovery
    - try the adb command

check FAQ#2 here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52135024&postcount=2