What made you visit XDA for the first time?

Search This thread

DeathShot9

Sep 4, 2015
Boston
Before there was even Android there was Windows Phone OS. I got myself a Samsung Blackjack, then a tilt and later a tilt 2 and I was interested in upgrading them all to Windows Mobile 6. That is what got me into XDA first. Years later, I wanted to root my Galaxy S3 and that is what brought me back.

Sep 6, 2015
Hanoi
Just as the title says ;)

For me it was 3 years ago after a google search when i "bricked" my new LG Optimus 2X (hey, it was the 1st dual core when it came out...) trying to update it... didn't take long to solve that ;)
We are Devs who all have the same passion and interest from all over Vietnam.We united as one and so far,looks like we're hopeless putting our knowledges to a new height

Romanistahm

May 15, 2015
I am on XDA about 2 year, came to find rom for my old note 1 :) now registered account and boom- got 10 massage and minimum 4 minuets rull :)

Sent from my SM-N920C using XDA Free mobile app

@ChefHooah

Sep 24, 2015
S#

To learn more custom ROMs. Because Samsung doesn't support old devices :confused:
And the Galaxy S3 works like a charm (most of the time)

shavendum

Feb 22, 2014
OnePlus 7
To know about rooting my xperia sp. I liked poweramp a lot. Wanted to buy it but the banks in my country do not support payment at the playstore and gift cards weren't available here as well. This was before i learnt about entropay.
I had read that poweramp could be patched using lucky patcher. However i didn't root until towelroot was launched. I wouldn't unlock bootloader as it was under warranty.
For the record, i did buy poweramp later using entropay. By the time i had root acess i didn't require lucky patcher.:p

Sent from my Xperia SP using XDA Free mobile app

snoopyjensen

Sep 27, 2015
I had a galaxy and wanted a custom ROM. I now have a galaxy s5 that's super customized and I am passionate about one day becoming a programmer. I've bought college textbooks for java and android development and android forensics I can't wait until I have time to read them. I really wish I could actually go to college for some computer engineering and electrical engineering and digital signal analysis to do corporate intelligence. But for now I'm just an electrician apprentice who is totally stoked to have XDA developers!

timz1313

Jan 24, 2016
ToysRbuck's
taken advantage... m

I've been paying full price for this telephone and I feel like I have been ripped off there's free software out there and T-Mobile doesn't want to distribute it.. Sony or whatever the case may be it's quite the Monopoly Rich get richer.!! Mop .. on Isle 9 ... ????

Last edited:

LoverBoy2415

Jun 29, 2015
Some where in INDIA
Well, I Already Know About There is A Site Called XDA Developers For Android Before Creating an Account In XDA,Which I Used To Get in Top Results in Google Search About Device Queries..
As In Search Of My First Custom ROM For My Device,I Ended Up In Logging In XDA & Now I'm Here :) ...

Zoebruwer

Oct 15, 2015
Interest in Software programing

I've always been interested in computers. I've also always had a passion for computers and gaming, but never really pursued the full potential of my interest in it. that's what made me decide to start pursuing my interest in gaming and software development. that's what lead me to discover this forum. I am still a complete noob in this. but I would appreciate any help and advice I can get.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My journey to finding out about XDA and becoming a member here started in late 2011.

After previously only owning Sony Ericsson's and Symbian devices, I got myself the Xperia X8. At that point I had no idea what Android was or the potential of it. My good friend @bbeanss also had the X8 at that point but the setup on his was much different to mine and I didn't know why. I got home that day and had a browse through Google and came across different launchers to completely overhaul how the UI looks.
    After testing out different launchers, I noticed that it still wasn't quite the same so I asked him how he did it. That's when he told me about custom ROMs and told me to check out XDA. I did just that and I was hooked.

After a few months I got rid of the X8 and switched to the Xperia S. At that point I decided to become a member as I wanted to make the most of this site and learn as much as I could.
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24577832#post24577832']My first post[/URL] was rookie mistake #1 by asking without searching first. I was quickly pulled up on it by @Felimenta97 but at least he was nice about it, unlike a lot of replies I've seen across the forums since then.

Now, here I am just over 2 years after signing up and am glad to have been part of the RC program and now the moderation team. I certainly didn't expect to have been so active here, or even still visit XDA for that matter :)

Sent from my HTC One or Note 3 via XDA Premium
    Well , I had Galaxy ace duos and I had heard from my friends that rooting unlocks new capabilities and flashing custom roms increases the performance of an android phone and when I searched on google I used to get mostly XDA results . Then I tried rooting and flashing custom roms and found that XDA is a genuine site . Then , when searching the forums I saw that some comments had "Sent from my________" then I searched on google play store and downloaded the app and finally I registered on XDA and from then I'm here everyday looking for custom roms , kernels , guides etc. for my new device . the lack of development for my Ace duos forced me to buy new device . The credit goes to 'XDA DEVELOPERS' . Awesome site for increasing performance of android and phones unlocking new capabilities .

Sent from my GT-P5210
    Haha I was hoping to find a girlfriend here :cool:

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2
    It's been a funny story. I was an user of Sony Ericsson C702 and decided to buy a phone with so called Android. I had not too much money so I got Xperia X8 and my buddy @Anomalious told me about XDA Developers. So I actually registered a week or two before getting the phone and read all the rooting things etc. Boy, it was fun.

Actually my first post was about some problems with MiniCM ROM and I got flamed at the same day. But I decided to contribute and became a mod in time.

Fun, and sentimental thread :)
    My journey to finding out about XDA and becoming a member here started in late 2011.

After previously only owning Sony Ericsson's and Symbian devices, I got myself the Xperia X8. At that point I had no idea what Android was or the potential of it. My good friend @bbeanss also had the X8 at that point but the setup on his was much different to mine and I didn't know why. I got home that day and had a browse through Google and came across different launchers to completely overhaul how the UI looks.
    After testing out different launchers, I noticed that it still wasn't quite the same so I asked him how he did it. That's when he told me about custom ROMs and told me to check out XDA. I did just that and I was hooked.

After a few months I got rid of the X8 and switched to the Xperia S. At that point I decided to become a member as I wanted to make the most of this site and learn as much as I could.
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24577832#post24577832']My first post[/URL] was rookie mistake #1 by asking without searching first. I was quickly pulled up on it by @Felimenta97 but at least he was nice about it, unlike a lot of replies I've seen across the forums since then.

Now, here I am just over 2 years after signing up and am glad to have been part of the RC program and now the moderation team. I certainly didn't expect to have been so active here, or even still visit XDA for that matter :)

Sent from my HTC One or Note 3 via XDA Premium

Thank you KidCarter for that very detailed and inspiring explanation. To be honest one of the main reasons I have a hard time posting in forums like XDA is that I don't want to experience what you did by getting pulled up on a quote for not searching first. I think I tend to go to the opposite extreme and search to the point I get paralyzed with not wanting to post the wrong thing. It's good to know that when you were called out they were nice about. It's also very nice that you are posting here and you've had so much success here. Thanks so much for sharing your story.