[DFT] BT File Transfer

Search This thread

igoen

Aug 26, 2006
Not working on Omnia7 8107.
Error when opening apps: Installation fails. Please report. :(

Vintage144

Jan 1, 1970
I guess only custom roms work as of now, my phone installed no problem , my wifes focus is dev unlocked ,interop unlocked , but recieves fail message

contable

Oct 25, 2009
Update:

It`s working on my OMNIA 7 from device to device, from device to laptop it´s still not working. Maybe I need to update the BT-drivers of my laptop...

reslan_912

Sep 18, 2010
chelyabinsk
works great on my full unlocked HD7 running zloy next gen 2.3+ thanks Cotulla and DFT !! hope to see android on HD7 soon based on your WM6.1 and haret ...Leading innovation

Ttblondey

Jan 1, 2008
Manage to install and transfer to intrinsic rom from Kaiser wm 6.1.although it stated not connected at my hd7 .

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
It's actually really funny that people still use TouchXplorer. TX is slow and limited, in part because it uses HtcFileUtility.dll for high-privilege access. The funny thing is that basically no phones have a working HtcFileUtility driver anymore, except for custom ROMs, and custom ROMs are fully unlocked and can use native filesystem APIs instead. These are faster, provide more info, support more operations, and don't require tacking an outdated HTC driver into a custom ROM (which might not even be for an HTC phone).

Reactions: voluptuary

dsramesh

Mar 31, 2008
Los Altos
Does not work on my interop and developer unlocked version (Verizon HTC Trophy). I have installed Advanced Config and Touchexperience without any problems.

I get "Installation fails. Please report :(" and then the "Please wait" which just does not go away.

..Ramesh

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
It says very clearly in the first post that this won't work on interop-unlock, it requires full-unlock (which currently means custom ROMs only). If you'd tried it and it had worked, *that* would have been worthy of posting about...

Reactions: Cotulla and mirolg

shtresatu

Oct 15, 2010
always on the run
Pink is for chicks. Real man likes chicks only to explain what is pink for. Sorry for off topic, but I love when people just try and try and than they say is crap:p

Mr_Waffle

Apr 10, 2011
Either I'm a full blown retard or I'm missing something.

I have DFT's ROM installed on my Omnia 7, Sideloaded the xap, told me to restart, restarted, app launches, etc.
So I enable bluetooth, with Jaxbot's tip to open the bluetooth menu to find the phone on my laptop. However, as soon as I want to send a file, Windows gives me a nice loading popup saying "No FTP services were found" or something along those lines.

And yes, my laptop has bluetooth :| Maybe I'm missing a driver or something?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

/DFT BT File Transfer\
    Application to transfer files via Bluetooth on WP7 phones

Version 1.01

AboutLogo.png

Overview
    Application allows to receive files via Bluetooth or send files via Bluetooth.
    Also application include feature to auto install received REG RGU and XAP files.
    So you can send XAP file from PC to your phone and it will be installed at the end.
    Same with REG/RGU - you can send a file and it will be applied to registry. Note file must be in UNICODE format. ANSI files don't supported by application.

Application has some unresolved issues:
    • If send operation was canceled, other side device will save the already received part of file instead of show "canceled" message.
    • Sometimes it's impossible to receive files without opening Bluetooth settings.
      Seems Bluetooth go to some low power mode while state is still ON and CONNECTIBLE.
    • To send from one WP7 device to another WP7 device you may need keep the destination phone in Bluetooth settings page. Otherwise the first phone can't see the second.
    • Already paired devices list isn't implemented.

Was tested on phones:
    *Samsung Focus R1.3
    *HTC Gold
    *HTC Spark
    *HTC Schubert
    *HTC LEO

Requirements
    You need FullUnlock to use this application.
    Application will NOT work with Developer or Iterop unlocks.

Should work on all WP7 devices.

Installation
    1. Install XAP via any way (via IE or via PC deplorer)
    2. Run installed application.
    3. Wait until message box appear.
    "Fail" can mean that your phone is not FullUnlocked or other issue during installation.
    4. Reboot device
    5. Run application - it should works.

Uninstallation
    Be warned, using this application may need hard reset to remove all parts from the system. Be sure you have actual backup of PIM.

Disclaimer
    This product is free to use at your own risk. We take no
    responsibility for any conflict, fault, or damage caused by
    this unlocking procedure. No warranties, implied or otherwise, are given if you agree to use this product.
    No problems were found while testing this product on several different devices, your experience may vary.
    Use of the Product for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.
    It's not allowed to make any changes to this release.
    It's not allowed xda.cn, nduoo forum and 3gdengta forums to use this xap.

Thanks to
    HD2Owner for great art work!
    All others for testing and support

It's not allowed to include this XAP into ROMs during 2 weeks after release. Up to 09.03.2012.

Please note: application still have some issues inside, please report your usage experience and feedback in this thread.

Download links
    look at attachment ;)

Enjoy!

Best regards, DFT, Cotulla, 24.02.2012
    everything in this world has own benefits and negative things.
    so . . . sometimes u can find fantastic things in the dark ;)
    while on the light side usually everything is rather plain :D
    yes, it's impossible directly to play MP3 files, because they are not inside Zune library. The same with pictures. . .

Alternatively you can implement an option in the share button in the gallery like "send via Bt File Transfer".
    yes, cool idea. Thought about that.
    Video demo for people who don't have it themselves, or are otherwise curious :p
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULSxte561q0

u jelly?

In all seriousness, so far so good ;)
    @Cotulla: I'll be releasing a modified form of my HtcRoot Webserver that also works on fully unlocked ROMs real soon now. I was hoping to add some new functionality and a major code overhaul (that it mildly needs0 before the next release, but that was taking too long. I did fix a couple minor bugs, but the main change is the removal of the dependency upon the HtcRoot project.

It allows full access to the filesystem (including some parts that TouchXplorer can't go) and full info about files (including some attributes that TX doesn't show) and nearly full control over the filesystem (including changing attributes, which TX can't do). Rather than supporting moving files directly, it allows you to download them to the PC and then upload them to a different folder (with the option to delete the original).

It's not as usable on the phone alone (it's designed to work from a PC browser, although using Jaxbot's no-dehydrate hack it can also be operated usign the phone's web browser while the server runs in the background), and that is its main weakness. Martin7Pro is working on a nice horizontal-view two-panel filesystem browser reminiscent of TotalCommander/Midnight Commander/tree Gold, if anybody knows those apps. I may also take the source for the (now deunct, since it was never updated for Mango) Advanced Explorer app, rip out its HtcFileUtility-based filesystem guts (which worked like TX does), and replace them with calls to native APIs (thus enablign it to be used on fully unlocked ROMs, or on a stock ROM with HtcRoot or with Heathcliff74's upcoming WP7 Root Tools 0.9).