[Q] After restart doesnt start

Search This thread

Pilsner12

Aug 4, 2010
Pilsen
Hi,
About a month I used rom AR and I was aware of her faults (which yesterday revealed that it is not true), that when I restart, phone must be connected to the pc, and start bootloader via fastboot and the Command Promt flash boot.img dissected from ROM. Fortunately ROM, stable, so I followed all the time does not restart.
Yesterday I got a taste for change (and I wanted to get rid of the problem) and I downladed at first 4.4 ROM from xda taktik then 4.3JB and finally cyangen mod 7.2 Problem unfortunately stayed at all the same. When restarting HTC logo flashes and then turns off the display and starts "black" will flash this is over, unless we do the above procedure via the bootloader.
Does anyone an idea how to fix it?
Thnx

pauleversham

May 26, 2011
Thủ Dầu Một
Have you format system + data + cache in mount and storage after wipe data cache and dalvik cache? Try this, if not success I think the only way is download the latest ruu and run it. You will be go back to stock. And we can use tools to root and flash custom recovery.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Pilsner12

Aug 4, 2010
Pilsen
to JJeamy:
bootloader is s-on, with touched clockworkmod 5.8.1.5, ROM cyanogen mod 7.2
if I standartly restart phone, didnt start. I must connect phone to pc, run bootloader, than fastboot and from pc via command prompt "send" boot.img (prepared from cm7.2) than phone restart and start correctly.

to pauleversham:
I will try it again (but I thing everythning expect SD card was formated, wiped, etc..) If I run RUU rom, I lost root permision, or is it possible get rooted RUU?

to JJeamy:
bootloader is s-on, with touched clockworkmod 5.8.1.5, ROM cyanogen mod 7.2
if I standartly restart phone, didnt start. I must connect phone to pc, run bootloader, than fastboot and from pc via command prompt "send" boot.img (prepared from cm7.2) than phone restart and start correctly.

to pauleversham:
I will try it again (but I thing everythning expect SD card was formated, wiped, etc..) If I run RUU rom, I lost root permision, or is it possible get rooted RUU?
so...you mean that you've already/ always flashing boot.img from the rom.zip itself after installing the rom from recovery...and that's mean your phone already can booting normally..right...?, so where's the problem exactly..?
anyway..if the problem you asked is...why you must always do a flashing boot.img manually after installing any new custom rom to boot normally is bacause you're still had s-on flag on your bootloader..that's why bootloader can't give permission to a custom recovery for flashing boot partition..

if you wanna running RUU...then you should be relocked your bootloader first..and that's mean your will return to the stock..so to rooting it again...you must unlocking your bootloader again..

Last edited:

Pilsner12

Aug 4, 2010
Pilsen
Everytime, when I flash new rom, I have to flash boot.img. I know that. But problem is when I only restart phone, I need to flash boot.img otherwise phone doesnt start.
Today I find out:
- in clockworkmod I try to make a backup. Everything went great (back up boot image, recovery, system, data, android secure, cache) , but at the end I got a message: "No sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd-ext."

Before AR rom I had many other roms and backing up and restarting without flashing wors fine.

The last hint which you give me is my last solution. I wouldnt lose my root privileges. I had a lot of trouble to get it.. ;)

Everytime, when I flash new rom, I have to flash boot.img. I know that. But problem is when I only restart phone, I need to flash boot.img otherwise phone doesnt start.
Today I find out:
- in clockworkmod I try to make a backup. Everything went great (back up boot image, recovery, system, data, android secure, cache) , but at the end I got a message: "No sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd-ext."

Before AR rom I had many other roms and backing up and restarting without flashing wors fine.

The last hint which you give me is my last solution. I wouldnt lose my root privileges. I had a lot of trouble to get it.. ;)
maybe you can try it to installing and using a different custom recovery..like 4ext or twrp..

could you please post link, where is .zip file. I found only programs on market or .apk..
This is a link for 4ext touch recovery here.., extract this zip file first to get recovery.img file
This is a link for TWRP touch recovery here..

just flash this recovery.img file through fastboot.. "fastboot flash recovery the_name_of_recovery.img"

Last edited:
Reactions: Pilsner12

Pilsner12

Aug 4, 2010
Pilsen
This is a link for 4ext touch recovery here.., extract this zip file first to get recovery.img file

just flash this recovery.img file through fastboot.. "fastboot flash recovery the_name_of_recovery.img"

Thank you for links, recovery is alerady fleshed, but problem is not fixed.
(btw: 4ext looks gorgeous :) )

here is log:

Starting recovery on Thu Feb 20 20:57:47 2014
framebuffer: fd 3 (480 x 800)

Welcome to 4EXT Recovery Touch

by madmaxx82

Preparing boot.. 0I:start load volumes..
Preparing boot.. 0 Preparing boot.. 0 Preparing boot.. 0I:st.f_bsize: 4096
Preparing boot.. 0 Preparing boot.. 1I:st.f_bsize: 4096
Preparing boot.. 1I:st.f_bsize: 4096
Preparing boot.. 1 Preparing boot.. 1 Preparing boot.. 1I:st.f_bsize: 4096
Preparing boot.. 2recovery filesystem table
=========================
0 /tmp ramdisk (null) (null)
1 /recovery emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p21 (null)
2 /boot emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p22 (null)
3 /cache ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk0p27 (null)
4 /data ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk0p26 (null)
5 /sdcard vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /dev/block/mmcblk1
6 /system ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p25 (null)
7 /system_lib ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk0p28 (null)

I:end load volumes..
I:Completed outputting fstab.
I:processing arguments.
Preparing boot.. 2I:Checking arguments.
Command: "/sbin/recovery"

ro.build.date=Sat Nov 10 16:53:16 CET 2012
ro.build.date.utc=0
ro.product.model=Desire HD
ro.product.brand=htc_wwe
ro.product.name=htc_ace
ro.product.device=ace
ro.product.board=spade
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=HTC
ro.product.locale.language=hdpi
ro.product.locale.region=
ro.board.platform=msm7x30
ro.build.product=ace
ro.com.android.dateformat=MM-dd-yyyy
net.bt.name=Android
ro.serialno=SH18KRX02893
ro.baseband=26.14.04.28_M
ro.carrier=HTC-GER
ro.bootloader=2.00.0029
init.svc.choice_fn=stopped
init.svc.offmode_charging=running
init.svc.detect_key=running
init.svc.adbd=running
init.svc.recovery=running
ext.version="1005.8.0"
ext.feature.version_check=yes
ext.build=0
ext.edition=ng

I:preparing..
Preparing boot.. 2I:prep sys1: 0
Preparing boot.. 2I:preparing.. fin
Preparing boot.. 2 Configuring settings..

Your configuration settings:

Using button backlights level: 80
Restore: MD5Sum checks: enabled
Backups: generate MD5Sums: enabled
Backups: mode: tar
Backups: exclude /cache: disabled
Backups: exclude dalvik-cache: disabled
Backups: include lib: enabled
Preserve theme: enabled
Hide useless directories: disabled
Haptic feedback: enabled
Haptic feedback strength: 28
Timezone: configured
Using 24h-hour time format

I:theme propok
Recovery is ready..

I:have tz_data
I:Checking for extendedcommand...
I:Skipping execution of extendedcommand, file not found...
I:processing 4EXT Control file...

4EXT Recovery Updater v2.4.6b

Processing..

Mounting sdcard..
I:Backup path: /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/2014-02-20-00.05.02_CyanogenMod7.2.0ace
I:Backup mode: custom
Calculating space needed..
Space needed to complete: 654 MiB
Free space on your sdcard: 8264 MiB
Backing up boot image...
Including /system/lib
Backing up system_lib...
backup mode: tar
Backing up system...
Writing 4EXT info for filesystem ext4
Backing up data...
Writing 4EXT info for filesystem ext3
Backing up .android_secure...
Backing up cache...
Writing 4EXT info for filesystem ext3
Generating md5 sums...
tar: removing leading '/' from member names

-- Installing: /sdcard/Download/4EXT_Recovery_Touch_v1.0.0.6_RC1.zip
Finding update package...
I:Update location: /sdcard/Download/4EXT_Recovery_Touch_v1.0.0.6_RC1.zip
Opening update package...
Installing update...
Installation aborted.
Critical error! Installation aborted!
Canceling pending actions and booting UI

Pilsner12

Aug 4, 2010
Pilsen
what do you mean problem is not fixed..?, is that you mean you can't installing 4ext recovery..?, or problem about installing custom rom..?

Problem is if I want restart, or Start phone, I have to connect phone to pc, go to fastboot, and via command prompt send to phone boot.img prepared from my custom rom.
Othervise phone didnt start.

Problem is if I want restart, or Start phone, I have to connect phone to pc, go to fastboot, and via command prompt send to phone boot.img prepared from my custom rom.
that's weird thing..i think there's something wrong with your phone partition..

maybe you wanna try it to return your phone to the stock first by running a RUU..to fix that problem...after that
you can tried to fully rooting again for gaining s-off using AAHK2 script by Phiber2000 from here..

Reactions: Pilsner12

Pilsner12

Aug 4, 2010
Pilsen

maybe you wanna try it to return your phone to the stock first by running a RUU..to fix that problem...after that
you can tried to fully rooting again for gaining s-off using AAHK2 script by Phiber2000 from here..

Thank you for help, and link with this rooting instruction. I will do that in next week, becouse of time and I will let you know how it ends.

Bacchione

Mar 4, 2014
Please help me!!! i'm italian and i don't speak very well english Language
My HTC Desire hd don't start!!!!!!!!
I have CWM TOUCH 5.8.0.0
In starting my HTC Desire HD is blocked in white screen with green logo HTC
When i start RUU....... .exe (much version) the installation fail: error 140

I hope in you!!!!!!!!!

I have too Asus Padfone 2: with FRAMAROOT :good::good::good::good::good:

Please help me for my HTC Desire HD
I append in this post 4 images of my HTC DHD

Bacchione

Mar 4, 2014
Please help me!!! i'm italian and i don't speak very well english Language
My HTC Desire hd don't start!!!!!!!!
I have CWM TOUCH 5.8.0.0
In starting my HTC Desire HD is blocked in white screen with green logo HTC
When i start RUU....... .exe (much version) the installation fail: error 140

I hope in you!!!!!!!!!

I have too Asus Padfone 2: with FRAMAROOT :good::good::good::good::good:

Please help me for my HTC Desire HD
I append in this post 4 images of my HTC DHD

Please help me

Attachments

• IMG_20140304_112026.jpg
    IMG_20140304_112026.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20140304_120837.jpg
    IMG_20140304_120837.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20140304_120944.jpg
    IMG_20140304_120944.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20140304_121015.jpg
    IMG_20140304_121015.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 13

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would like to try use another custom recovery, but how I can Unistall cwm ? I didnt find any manual..
    you don't need to uninstall it..just flashing a new one (like twrp or 4ext) through fastboot..then cwm will be replaced with that..
    could you please post link, where is .zip file. I found only programs on market or .apk..