3G and 3.5G data connection drops or cannot be established (Solution Included)

Search This thread

richyyun

Dec 8, 2007
Hi,
Over the last few months, thanks to the efforts of many, I have flashed my shift rom dozens of times to try the latest roms. All these roms worked well on my shift. However, one day, I found my shift couldn't establish 3G/3.5G connections anymore.

Before connection, the signal shows [H]. During connection, it changes to [3G] and but fails to establish the connection. Then it automatically retries. This time the signal changes to [G] (GPRS), and a data connection can be successfully established. However, if I load any page on IE, the [G] connection will be automatically accelerated to [H]...Just at this time, the connection is terminated. And after that, no matter what I do, how many retries, it just can't get reconnected. I need to reset the entire WinMO.

PS/I tested different SIM cards (also different telecom providers) on my shift, and got the same result.

Any idea? Do I need to flash the radio rom?

--------Updated on Dec 20, 2008----------

The above is my original post
After a least 100 rounds of test and trial, i have solved.
I think it will be helpful to explain how i did it, as i believe, some people may have encountered the same problem...

I used ShiftFLASHTools.ZIP mentioned in the following link to extract some of the roms I flashed...
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=382592
I found all these roms were built with only OS.
So no matter what new roms I flash, the radio rom will never be changed.
Therefore, I began to search for reference to cook a rom myself.

On this link, a list of roms are provided
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=369502
Be warned that not all the radio roms can be used on shift.

I downloaded the version originally loaded on SHIFT (1.58.21.23_25). Because this radio rom is built for Niki not for SHIFT
so I extracted it and rebuilt it for SHIFT using NBHUtil.exe included in ShiftFLASHTOOLs.ZIP

**Note that after you download the radio rom and execute it, files will be extracted in the folder \documents and settings\administrator(or your account)\local settings\temp\xxx\
Copy the .nbh file to another temp folder. Extract this file using ShiftFLASHTOOLS.

Finally, i flashed it with CustomRUU.exe (for SHIFT)

Hooray!!

-------------Updated on Jan 10, 2009--------------

If my instruction is not clear enough,
you can use the following radio roms i cooked myself.

Radio.1.58.21.23 S Modded
http://www.4shared.com/file/79887856/15543f62/Radio1582123S.html

Radio.1.58.25.14P
http://www.4shared.com/file/79888291/7271704d/Radio1582514P.html

Last edited:

curvyjomanjy

Oct 9, 2006
Thank you very much.

@dproldan
Your effort is appreciated.
I must inform too that installed the Custom RUU you provided but didn't get the Radio verse changed. instead, the problem get worse & I'm not ask to keep the connection alive. It is disconnecting every few seconds & hardly get it back unless switch off Vista & take the battery out to switch off snapView too.

Can yin please help me it this because m? shift is going, to be hit & crashed in a moment when I lose my patience. :(

Radio Version 1.58.21.23

Cheers,

liviu74

Aug 6, 2009
big problem

I put your radio and now when i call at the 15th second it just blocks all the system and won't workk just if reset from vista side.

nino76

Jan 12, 2006
Krasnoyarsk
Я переделал в соответствии с описанием в первом посте это радио, т е получил 1.58.21.23_25 modded for shift, могу выложить на файлообменник, но проблемы с 3G конектом это не решает сразу предупреждаю, чтоба проблеммы не возникало - зайдите в настройки-телефон-band, в разделе "seletct network type" выберите руками GSM, модем станет работать нормально но конектится только через GPRS и EDGE, извиняюсь за офтоп что пишу по русски, но сейчас в роуминге пишу через этот самый Shift через GPRS поэтому зайти в онлайн переводчик нет возможности, переведите кому не сложно на англ :)

Сейчас попробую тоже самое проделать с RUU_Nike_Radio_1.71.09.01_25.75.40.02K, может это поможет....

.....прошил RUU_Nike_Radio_1.71.09.01_25.75.40.02K - не помогло....

Last edited:

dannyt84

Sep 9, 2008
Rome
www.caereplastic.com
Я переделал в соответствии с описанием в первом посте это радио, т е получил 1.58.21.23_25 modded for shift, могу выложить на файлообменник, но проблемы с 3G конектом это не решает сразу предупреждаю, чтоба проблеммы не возникало - зайдите в настройки-телефон-band, в разделе "seletct network type" выберите руками GSM, модем станет работать нормально но конектится только через GPRS и EDGE, извиняюсь за офтоп что пишу по русски, но сейчас в роуминге пишу через этот самый Shift через GPRS поэтому зайти в онлайн переводчик нет возможности, переведите кому не сложно на англ :)

Сейчас попробую тоже самое проделать с RUU_Nike_Radio_1.71.09.01_25.75.40.02K, может это поможет....

.....прошил RUU_Nike_Radio_1.71.09.01_25.75.40.02K - не помогло....

I don't speak russian (I suppose)... Please, try in english! I resolve it, but just for a month! Now my shift is like one month ago: cannot connect to hsdpa, and automatically connect to 3g, gprs, edge.... Have you found a better solution?

Last edited:

haga15

Oct 15, 2009
All links for radio ARE DEAD ! (IN ALL THREADS)

Well ,I have spend 2 days going through all threads,
THERE IS NO ACTIVE LINK FOR RADIO Rom !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please update the links .... I am stacked with flashed rom without the proper radio...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Don't worry!

i have all that we need, but i have never uploaded anything in
    this webside,so how do i do it?if so i can be a lifesafer.......