Official update to Gear Nov 15th and more *notifications*!

Search This thread

Action B

Jan 6, 2011
Lynchburg VA
I had the same 'failed to check' message after updating Gear Manager. I rebooted phone & gear & it went through ok. Now I'm checking every hour for an update (USA) with no luck. Cradle is at home or I'd be digging up the step-by-step for Odin install. I did download the UK firmware, so ready to go when I get home I guess.. Would rather do the OTA update to avoid risk of me doing something wrong.

I'm checking for US update too. nothing yet. I do get what appears to be a valid check for firmware OTA but it says my watch is on newest version.

jcurran.jc

May 1, 2012
Peeps I thought I didn't have the update. But if you actually go into the Samsung app store and click on gear manager. There will be an update.

That's the step I was missing.

I now have the more notifications setting

Pretty sick

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Jonbo298 and SAVJR

chowdarygm

Sep 4, 2009
Chicago, IL
---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
Got the Gear Manager update, it wiped all my sideload apps. :(
Oh well. Odd thing now is when I try to check for an update for my Gear, I get the message, "Failed to check the Gears Status"

I got the US Version on Verizon. Anyone else with this or similar issue?

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I set to backup my Gear every night, so it restored all settings as soon as it updated. good feature to use from now

Last edited:

dave0812

Aug 19, 2009
It is

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Tapatalk

Check that I went into email settings on the email app and switched my notification to a actual sound instead of silent. It is working now. But I'm getting the notification of can't check it because of security probably because mine is password locked

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Tapatalk

SAVJR

Sep 28, 2010
Las Vegas
Peeps I thought I didn't have the update. But if you actually go into the Samsung app store and click on gear manager. There will be an update.

That's the step I was missing.

I now have the more notifications setting

Pretty sick

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

Did you still install the UK version?

Nov 8, 2013
Glad I read this stuff...

I was about to update for better notifications but I think Ill just install ATN..

I have null_08 or 7 (whichever is newer.) and I think the problem is tryin to update your Gears firmware when It has a custom ROM or root. You would have to flash the Original software V7 software THEN do the update. it wont update on these modded watches. \

It might be too late for some of you but I would recommend installing the previous version of the gearmanager.apk

and if your ROM'd then go for ATN (allthenotifications) - its just an apk for your phone. no gear adjustments. You might also have to wait for the Original firmware files to come out so you can flash back (ha) to the (future) stock system and upgrade after once your "legit"

...i think

Brendo

I was about to update for better notifications but I think Ill just install ATN..

I have null_08 or 7 (whichever is newer.) and I think the problem is tryin to update your Gears firmware when It has a custom ROM or root. You would have to flash the Original software V7 software THEN do the update. it wont update on these modded watches. \

It might be too late for some of you but I would recommend installing the previous version of the gearmanager.apk

and if your ROM'd then go for ATN (allthenotifications) - its just an apk for your phone. no gear adjustments. You might also have to wait for the Original firmware files to come out so you can flash back (ha) to the (future) stock system and upgrade after once your "legit"

...i think

New apk works fine with old firmware. There is a thread here for stock firmware - you can either flash latest, or flash older and try get ota

_____
Sent from my GT-i9505 using xda premium

Amdathlonuk

May 10, 2009
Abergavenny
I'm happy for you guys the gear just got more awesome!

This is an excellent update.

I was rooted running Null 7.

However, this update dispenses with having to use ATN and other 3rd party software.

It shows the message sender in the preview screen for Exchange messages
When you click into the emails it lists each email and each new mail has an N in a box next to it to show it is unread.

Looking forward to future updates.

I suppose what we should take from this is that Samsung are not idly sitting doing nothing, there's lot's going on in the background :)

Attachments

• screenshot_1115204129.png
    screenshot_1115204129.png
    5 KB · Views: 285
  • screenshot_1115204142.png
    screenshot_1115204142.png
    13 KB · Views: 297
  • screenshot_1115204159.png
    screenshot_1115204159.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle Louie

SAVJR

Sep 28, 2010
Las Vegas
I installed the update from the Samsung App Store (Verizon US), but I still do not have the "notification" button. Likewise, I am not able install the UK firmware.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

mhoepfin

Jan 9, 2006
Got the gear manager update this morning and just flashed the watch firmware with odin.

Getting the same thing with exchange email telling me to view it on the phone. Very strange... I know for a fact I have no pin requirement on my exchange account, since our admin changed it for me when I got the gear.

Gotta be another reason. Maybe someone could decompile it on the watch and see why it is doing this.

Haha, look like I'll be using my app Gear Getter, which sends things to the email notifications, to actually just send email notifications to the email notification. WUT?

jbarresi19

Oct 24, 2011
Will I be able to get the Gear software update through ota if I'm rooted on nulls rom? I got gear manager updated but keeps showing gear is on latest firmware. I'm in USA

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

mhoepfin

Jan 9, 2006
Speaker on the gear seems to be louder now after the update....

Was hoping for some more SVoice actions but they are the same.

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Will I be able to get the Gear software update through ota if I'm rooted on nulls rom? I got gear manager updated but keeps showing gear is on latest firmware. I'm in USA

You should probably just update your watch with ODIN. It was pretty painless.

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

This is an excellent update.

I was rooted running Null 7.

However, this update dispenses with having to use ATN and other 3rd party software.

It shows the message sender in the preview screen for Exchange messages
When you click into the emails it lists each email and each new mail has an N in a box next to it to show it is unread.

Looking forward to future updates.

I suppose what we should take from this is that Samsung are not idly sitting doing nothing, there's lot's going on in the background :)

I get a message saying that it can't show the message for security reasons. Are you actually connected to exchange with your email app?

Mahtan Tasadur

Aug 30, 2010
Just updated with Odin using the new firmware on a Verizon Note 3 USA Gear combo and everything is working good for me, save Exchange as everyone already knows is bonkers ATM.

For those that were lost like me initially, :)
Downloaded the Stock Firmware http://uploaded.net/file/njroq150
Downloaded this Odin http://www.4shared.com/rar/ZUA2B1FW/Odin307.html
Once Odin was downloaded I just extracted to Desktop
Once the firmware was downloaded I extracted the two files inside to the Odin folder I had just put on the Desktop

Put the Gear into Download mode (at the watch home screen, hold power until it says watch rebooting, rapid press the power button until you get to a menu with three options, press the power button three times quickly, should move selection to Download mode, hold power about 3 seconds and release, should be in download mode! :D )

Connect everything up via USB to PC (I am assuming everyone has the USB Drivers, if not http://hotfile.com/dl/247408965/8a6739d/SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1.5.27.0.exe.html)

Launch Odin
Odin should identify the watch as (0:[COMxx]).
Check PDA and press the button. Select the file V700XXUAMK7_V700OXAAMK7_HOME.tar.md5
Then Press Start
Sit back and wait, Gear should reboot and show the upgrading android animation and Odin will display PASS in green if all went well and its safe to exit and disconnect.

Hope this helps people that were confused like me. :D

Last edited:

acheney1990

Oct 29, 2013
Saint Stephen
I've updated my Gear Manager App, and now the notification section has moved, but I still don't have "other notifications" choice under notifications. My Gear itself says Software Version: V700XXUAMJ8. Note sure what to do here, how can I get this new updated.

BTW, my Gear is rooted and running the Nova Launcher.

jbarresi19

Oct 24, 2011
Just updated with Odin using the new firmware on a Verizon Note 3 USA Gear combo and everything is working good for me, save Exchange as everyone already knows is bonkers ATM.

Downloaded the Stock Firmware http://samsung-updates.com/details/15946/Galaxy_Gear/SM-V700/BTU/V700XXUAMK7.html (No idea about the Kernel... I didn't flash it)
Once the firmware was downloaded I extracted the two files inside to the Odin folder I had just put on the Desktop

Put the Gear into Download mode (at the watch home screen, hold power until it says watch rebooting, rapid press the power button until you get to a menu with three options, press the power button three times quickly, should move selection to Download mode, hold power about 3 seconds and release, should be in download mode! :D )

Connect everything up via USB to PC (I am assuming everyone has the USB Drivers, if not http://hotfile.com/dl/247408965/8a6739d/SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1.5.27.0.exe.html)

Launch Odin
Check PDA and press the button. Select the file V700XXUAMK7_V700OXAAMK7_HOME.tar.md5
Then Press Start
Sit back and wait, Gear should reboot and show the upgrading android animation and Odin will display PASS in green if all went well and its safe to exit and disconnect.

This is exactly what I wanna do with will I lose root or nulls rom?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Today sees a really useful update to the Galaxy Gear.

BEFORE UPGRADING - Please note that V700XXUAMK7 will break exchange email notifications. At this point in time, no one knowns if it's intentional or not.

It provides:

- Full notifications for any app which can form status bar notifications
    - Preset text message replies if you don't have time to write/voice one
    - Rapid access to s-voice
    - Better range between the phone/watch
    - Better handling of notifications
    - Better connection generally between the phone/watch

Your watch will need firmware: V700XXUAMK7
    Phone software to version 1.5.111304

Couple of notes: I am using a UK (Mocha Grey) Gear with a UK Samsung Note 3 and the update was OTA.

2013-11-15%2013.29.46.jpg

Screenshot_2013-11-15-09-53-01.png
    Screenshots_2013-11-15-11-12-06.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-15-09-53-22.png

Downloaded the Stock Firmware http://uploaded.net/file/njroq150

Launch Odin
    Then Press Start

Mirrors

Should be a bit faster!

Firmware

Odin
    So, anyone in The US get it??

The U.S is now two updates behind. Just download MK7 from Samsung-Updates or the firmware list on the front page. It's a 280MB files so it only takes 20 minutes to download. Use any version of Odin to install it. Put the Gear in download mode by long pressing the power button until it says "rebooting" and then press it again a couple of times until the download menu comes up. Select "download mode" by pressing the button to highlight it. Long press the button to select it. With the Gear in download mode, connect it to your PC and open Odin. Take the .MD5 file you extracted from the downloaded MK7 .zip and put it in "PDA" in Odin and then click start. You should be done in about 5 minutes and your Gear will restart. When it does, unplug it from the USB cable. There's no downside to using another region's f/w on your Gear and the update process doesn't wipe your Gear's data or settings. I don't think Gear's are different h/w wise regionally so you can repeat the above process when an update gets pushed, even if it's for another region, to always keep your Gear on the latest f/w.

In addition to the notification stuff, Samsung's added the ability to "go to the last page" under "Motion" so when you bring your wrist up it returns to what you're doing rather than defaulting to the home page (clock). You can also customize the S Reply messages you can send when you're on a call or responding to a text.

The Gear feels snappier after the update.
    Looks like may need updated firmware to take advantage of extra notifications :(

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Does anybody already have the latest .apk available, because of the samsung store region lock i have no access to it.
    Yep, check the link in my sig