[XPOSED][APP][5.0+] AllTrans - Completely Translate Apps

Search This thread

DThrawn

Oct 10, 2012
Hi!
In the "Apps to Translate" tab, there is a list of the app. To right, next to each app name, there is a checkbox. Clicking on the checkbox will enable translations for that app.
I have attached some screenshots to help you.

Thanks for help. I see where is our misunderstanding cause i've not checkbox.

With many information is better, i'm on 6.0.1, J7 2016 rom evo grace, APP 1.1.0 download on xda xposed module and a second time with this thread.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170120-143924.jpg
    Screenshot_20170120-143924.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:

ali_ge

Apr 27, 2011
riyadh
Thank you dev for quick reply, the problem is that I can't see checkbox ☑ in portrait screen, but in landscape mode there is ☑ and everything working very well. :good:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170120-220240.png
    Screenshot_20170120-220240.png
    204.2 KB · Views: 213
  • Screenshot_20170120-220245.png
    Screenshot_20170120-220245.png
    126.6 KB · Views: 213

akhilkedia94

Jan 19, 2016
Seoul
That seems like definitely a bug on my part.
Can you tell me what device you are using as well as the Android version?
Also, I assume you have not changed your DPI? (if you don't know what that is, you have not changed it.)

Reactions: ali_ge

ali_ge

Apr 27, 2011
riyadh
Also, I assume you have not changed your DPI? (if you don't know what that is, you have not changed it.)

Device: Oneplus 2
Android version: 6.0.1 ( stock rooted + xposed )
Yes i did not changed DPI

DThrawn

Oct 10, 2012

Is not a big problem, work well. good job.

I'm on 6.0.1, samsung J7 2016 rom evo grace, 320DPI unchanged.

akhilkedia94

Jan 19, 2016
Seoul
Thank you dev for quick reply, the problem is that I can't see checkbox in portrait screen, but in landscape mode there is and everything working very well. :good:
Thanks for help. I see where is our misunderstanding cause i've not checkbox.
I've uploaded a new version, on xposed as well as here, which fixes the Layout issues on all devices I could test on.
Cheers! :highfive:

Reactions: KaMyKaSii

ali_ge

Apr 27, 2011
riyadh
Everything is fine, thanks developer for quick fix

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170121-004934.png
    Screenshot_20170121-004934.png
    199.9 KB · Views: 105

DThrawn

Oct 10, 2012
I've uploaded a new version, on xposed as well as here, which fixes the Layout issues on all devices I could test on.
Cheers! :highfive:

sorry, same problem, just in landscape ok it's all. downloaded in xposed's app.
I've verified my DPI, unchek all Xposed module, avec réinstall too time.

Last edited:

mrjoy

Aug 24, 2012
The Heaven Of Punjab

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170120-220146.png
    Screenshot_20170120-220146.png
    205.4 KB · Views: 174
  • Screenshot_20170120-220113.png
    Screenshot_20170120-220113.png
    177.8 KB · Views: 170
  • Screenshot_20170120-220118.png
    Screenshot_20170120-220118.png
    174.2 KB · Views: 157
  • Screenshot_20170120-220100.png
    Screenshot_20170120-220100.png
    221.7 KB · Views: 161

DThrawn

Oct 10, 2012
Nice job, GG. Work fine, thanks for this really good app.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170120-185901.png
    Screenshot_20170120-185901.png
    142.5 KB · Views: 148

akhilkedia94

Jan 19, 2016
Seoul
Now successfully works but apps keeps fc. I tried all troubleshoot problems but nothing works.

Does the FC only happen for some apps or all?

If only for some, click on the App which keeps FCing in "Apps to Translate" and check "Override Global Settings", Tap "click to clear the Translation cache", and set a value of "Delay Before Translating" to about "2000". Also disable "Aggressive Mode".
If app still crashes, tap "click to clear Translation cache" and then disable "Use Caching".
If FC still continues, it would help if you could give me PlayStore/some other link to download the said apps.

Stanwar

Oct 10, 2015
Can you please make it available to older android versions as Jellybeans and Kitkat?

finitelife

Oct 10, 2011
Amazing idea!

I love this app!

I'm also only seeing the checkboxes in landscape mode. Took me forever to figure it out (maybe until there is a fix in, note it in the OP/repo/readme?).

Could this possibly be extended to also translating the notifications that come from the app? Many of my Vietnamese apps are notification heavy...

Also, what about a picker overlay or something like that for selective translation of an element in the app? Maybe I'm just dreaming here.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ic_launcher.png
    AllTrans
    - Completely Translate Apps
    à la Chrome translation of webpages, but for Android apps

Update - Now Supports Android 13! . Also Supports VirtualXposed, so you can use AllTrans without
    Root / Magisk / Unlocking Bootloader!!! Also Supports Taichi, so you can use AllTrans without Root / Magisk / Unlocked Bootloader, and much more simpler to use than VirtualXposed!!

What AllTrans does
    It replaces all text in an app in a language from one language to another at runtime.
    Say for example an app is in German. A user selects the app name, and the required language conversion (say German to English).
    Then whenever the user uses the required app, all the text, ANYWHERE in the app, are replaced by their English equivalents.
    This is something similar to the way Google Translate works in Chrome.

Note - Due to a technical limitation, this won’t work with many games. Nothing can be done about this.

ScreenShots and Videos
    Below are some side-by-side screenshots of AllTrans translating apps from Korean to English

Joint1S.png

Joint2S.png

Joint3S.png

Below are some of the screenshots of AllTrans app
    Screen1S.png

Screen2S.png

Screen3S.png

A video (in English) showing how to use AllTrans by Gadget Hacks on Youtube

Features
    • Translate any app, including system apps.
    • Completely Free!
    • Supports Android 11 with LSPosed or Edxposed!
    • Works on any device without rooting/magisk/unlocking booltloader/flashing - simply use Taichi! or VirtualXposed!
      Taichi is much more simpler to use than VirtualXposed!!
    • Supports 60 languages supported by
      Microsoft Azure Translator!
    • Can translate text displayed using TextView.SetText, Canvas.DrawText and in Webviews.

Installation Instructions
    1. This application requires android version 4.4 or later. You probably already have it. (Android JellyBean or later - so far JellyBean, Kitkat, Lollipop, MarshMallow, Nougat, Oreo, Pie and Q, 11.).
    2. Make sure you have Xposed Framework installed and running. If there is not an official version of Xposed for your Android, LSPosed or EdXposed is recommended. If its a normal device without rooting/magisk/unlocking booltloader/flashing - simply use VirtualXposed! or Taichi!
    3. Get the latest release of the APK from the Play Store. Alternatively you can also search the Xposed Module Repository for this app.
    4. Reboot your phone.

Usage Instructions
    This application requires you to sign up for free a key from Microsoft Translate. See instructions below on how to get the keys.

1. Make sure “AllTrans” app is enabled in “Xposed Installer -> Modules”.
    2. Launch “AllTrans” app.
    3. Choose the “Translate from Language” and “Translate to Language”.
    4. In the “Apps to Translate” tab, find the app you want to translate, click the checkbox next to it.
    5. Close and restart the app you want translated - it should be translated!

How to get FREE Microsoft Azure Translate Subscription Key
    Using google to translate works without any keys, but is slower and much lower quality because it does not need internet connection. Using Microsoft results in much better translations.

See instructions here https://akhilkedia.github.io/AllTrans/1.9.5#how-to-get-microsoft-azure-translate-key

Changelog

Support for Android 13!
    For use without root, use LSPatch (https://github.com/LSPosed/LSPatch).
    THIS VERSION TEMPORARILY DOES NOT SUPPORT VIRTUALXPOSED OR TAICHI. Please use previous versions for them.

THIS VERSION TEMPORARILY DOES NOT SUPPORT VIRTUALXPOSED OR TAICHI. Please use previous versions for them.
    Fixed translating newer apps built for Android 11! Fixed crashing on Notifications, now Translates Notifications too!
    Tested with LSPosed and Android 11.
    Misc. BugFixes

Support for Android 11!
    Now supports translating Telegram! Use "Aggressive Mode to translate."
    NO NEED FOR API Keys!!
    Now supports using Google Translate!
    THIS APP'S CERTIFICATE HAS CHANGED - YOU WILL HAVE TO UNINSTALL PREVIOUSLY INSTALLED APP TO INSTALL THIS
    YOU WILL LOSE YOUR SETTINGS AFTER UPDATING - MAKE SURE TO MAKE A COPY OF YOUR TRANSLATION API KEY!!

I had to change the certificate and settings as I will be releasing the app on Google Play Store.

TONS of new features -

1. Fully compatible with Android 10
    2. Fully compatible with VirtualXposed and Taichi! (USE XPOSED MODULES WITH ROOT/MAGISK/UNLOCKING!!!!!!!!!)
    3. Fixed apps hanging on startup bug! No need to erase translation cache anymore!
    4. Autodetect language
    5. Better Webview Translation
    6. Dont translate editable fields - Now you can type numbers without the app messing it up!
    7. Automatically Scroll Text if translation is too long
    8. Dark Mode!
    9. Updated instructions for API keys
    10. Many bugfixes

Version 1.4.0 - Backported to Android 4.0, bugfixes, better webview translate
    Version 1.3.0 - Huge Reduction in memory usage - Will fix several crashes, and make translated apps much more responsive
    Also, two versions ago - Translated my app into 56 languages! Use AllTrans in your language of choice!
    Version 1.2.0 - Fixed obscure UI crashes for some older devices.
    Version 1.1.2 - Added translations for 56 languages! Now use AllTrans in your own language! (Including Klingon for Star
    Trek fans out there!).
    Version 1.1.1 - Fixed Layout Issues resulting in Checkbox not being visible.
    Version 1.1.0 - Added Support for Yandex Translate!!
    Version 1.0.1 - Fixed PackageName. Uninstall the previous app before installing this.
    Version 1.0.0 - Initial Release

Download
    The latest release is temporarily not on play store. Download from LSPosed app or from Github
    here.

You can download the app from Play Store at

Alternatively, search the Xposed Installer or on LSPosed app for "AllTrans" and download from there.

Source Code

TroubleShooting/Known Bugs

TroubleShooting

No app is being translated in any app

• If no app is being translated, check is “AllTrans” is enabled in “Xposed Installer -> Modules”.
    • Also check if your “Microsoft Subscription Key” is correct.

Translated app is stuck in opening screen

• If this is the first time you started translating this app, click on the app’s name in “Apps to Translate” tab, and
      in “Other Settings” fill in “Delay Before Replcaing With Translated Text” to “2000”.

The Translated app is “Force Close”

• Click on the app’s name in “Apps to Translate” tab, and in “Other Settings” fill in “Delay Before Replcaing With
      Translated Text” to “2000”.
    • Click on the app’s name in “Apps to translate” tab, and in “Other Settings” fill in “Delay Before Starting to
      Translate WebViews” to “2000”.

A particular app is not being translated

• Click on the app’s name in “Apps to translate” tab, and in “Other Settings” fill in “Delay Before Starting to
      Translate WebViews” to “2000”.
    • If some parts of the app are still not being translated, click on the app’s name in “Apps to translate” tab, and
      enable “Aggressive Mode”.

A game app is not being translated

• Due to technical limitations, “AllTrans” will not work with many games. Nothing can be done about this.

If you still have problems like “Force Close” or parts of an app not being translated

Contact me for support. When you do, I will need atleast the following information -

1. The name of the app, along with a link to download the app from some APK store like “Google Play Store”,
      “CoolApk”, etc.
    2. Your phone’s Android version.
    3. A “logcat” of you trying to open the app which gives you problems. You can use apps freely available on the Play
      Store for this, such as This one

Once you have the above, contact me on the
    XDA support
    thread.
    You can also report issues on the Project’s “Github”.

Donations
    If you like this project, buy me a cup of coffee! :)

Click Here to Donate if clicking
    the above image does not work for you!

License
    This program is AllTrans
    Copyright (C) 2017 Akhil Kedia
    This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public
    License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later
    version.
    This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied
    warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
    You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program.
    Not saying that I don't trust Microsoft or you or anything, but I don't really like putting my card on this, even though it's free. I may sound kinda crazy for a bit there, but just saying what I think of. I will just probably wait for this module to be "paid" or "subscribe inside the app" and I'll gladly toss some money for you, or from other sources you'll use.

:D :) ;) :good:

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Oh, almost forgot. About the poll, why not BOTH? User-friendly option for those who want it free and paid... :D

:D :) ;) :good:

If this app does become paid someday, you will still to provide PayPal or Google or whatever payment provider I ultimately use your card details :p
    As for why not both -
    1. This app started as a weekend hack, and it's an absolute lifesaver since I live in Korea but dont know Korean, or while I travel. I used it for half a year before finally adding a UI so I could release it. . But since I mostly get time to work on this on weekends, I want to minimize my effort - if not many people will pay (and if there are free alternatives, I doubt many would), why bother? :angel:
    2. If I do add paid support, I will have to setup my own verification servers, etc. And on rooted devices, it'll be easy for people to get around it, using Lucky Patcher etc. :confused:
    3. Lastly, Free and Open Source (FOSS) for the win! :victory:
    I would like to test this as it seems like a great concept an idea, sadly i do not have a credit card. How to workaround this?

I will add support for Yandex Translate, probably over this weekend - no need for credit card for signup then. :highfive:
    I would like to test this as it seems like a great concept an idea, sadly i do not have a credit card. How to workaround this?
    Not saying that I don't trust Microsoft or you or anything, but I don't really like putting my card on this, even though it's free.
    plzzzz add support for using Yandex Translate
    Support for Yandex Translate is now live!
    Update the app from Xposed Installer, or download the updated Apk from here.
    A much simpler signup process, and no Credit card needed!
    Keep in mind that Microsoft Translae does give better results than Yandex.
    Hi, awesome app, please add support if possible for auto detecting and translating, as sometime there is multiple languages on different pages.

Thanks for the work :)
    I have plans to implement this in a future version - expect an of 1 month.