Some of my favorites:

Glengarry glen ross: I am in sales hence my affinity for this movie

Reservoir Dogs

Blade Runner

Lawrence of Arabia

English Patient

Schindler's List

The Last of the Mohicans

That's a great list! Quality movies, one and all. I found Schindlers List quite hard to watch in places. How about you?

xaccers

Jul 21, 2009
Milling around Milton Keynes
That's a great list! Quality movies, one and all. I found Schindlers List quite hard to watch in places. How about you?

Definitely. I've been to Israel twice now, and both times contemplated going to the Holocaust museums but I know I'd just turn into a blubbing mass at how cruel and inhumane humans can so easily be.
I've met two survivors, and their outlook on life is so live and let live.

I've also been to the remains of Laurence's railway in Saudi when I lived there as a kid, brought back some bolts and bits but have no idea what happened to them.

Last edited:

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
Here's my favorite movies (random order)

- 500 Days Of Summer
- 2001: A Space Odyssey (Blu-Ray)
- American Psycho (Blu-Ray)
- Big Fish
- Close Encounters Of The Third Kind (Blu-Ray)
- Coraline (Blu-Ray)
- Deliverance (Blu-Ray)
- Equilibrium (Blu-Ray)
- Fantastic Mr. Fox (Blu-Ray)
- Fargo (Blu-Ray)
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall
- Groundhog Day (Blu-Ray)
- I Love You Man
- Into The Wild (Blu-Ray)
- Leon (Blu-Ray)
- Moon (Blu-Ray)
- Pan's Labyrinth (Blu-Ray)
- Superbad (Blu-Ray)
- Scarface
- The Edge (Blu-Ray)
- The Fifth Element (Blu-Ray)
- The Fly (Blu-Ray)
- The Jerk (Blu-Ray)
- The Lost Boys (Blu-Ray)
- The Princess Bride (Blu-Ray)
- The Shining (Blu-Ray)
- The Thing (Blu-Ray)
- Tron (Blu-Ray)
- Walk Hard - The Dewey Cox Story
- Wallstreet (Blu-Ray)
- Wall-E (Blu-Ray)
- Watchmen (Blu-Ray [the one that lasts for 3:30 hours])
- Zombieland (Blu-Ray)

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

Btw, has any of you seen "Robinson Crusoe On Mars" from 1964? It's freakin' hilarious!

Last edited:

Dirk

May 11, 2009
^^ Pans Labyrinth! A man with class. Lots of my faves in that list. Close Encounters too. Man, that takes me back. So much better than almost every 'Alien encounter' type film i can think of.

@xaccers, totally know where you're coming from. I can stomach remains of U-Boat pens and sea-wall fortifications but i'd totally lose my **** if i ever went to Auschwitz Birkenau!

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
Hell yeah, especially in blu-ray. I've added a blu-ray "tag" to the movies in the list. I love watching older movies and classics in blu-ray. 70% of my collection is in Blu-Ray at the moment.

I can't beat my older brother though.. His has A LOT of movies. We tried to put a price on it, but we concluded that the value of the collection is roughly $100,000 (he has a lot of special edition boxes and stuff)

ricky babalu

Dec 30, 2010
Laguna Beach
www.youtube.com

Yes, very much so. Great movie though!

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Definitely. I've been to Israel twice now, and both times contemplated going to the Holocaust museums but I know I'd just turn into a blubbing mass at how cruel and inhumane humans can so easily be.
I've met two survivors, and their outlook on life is so live and let live.

I've also been to the remains of Laurence's railway in Saudi when I lived there as a kid, brought back some bolts and bits but have no idea what happened to them.

I visited the one in Washington D.C. - Very Very difficult to get through the whole museum without shedding a tear.

Pizzaapu

Jul 15, 2011
In an ally way
Mighty Morphing Power Rangers The Movie (1994) 'nuff said. Praying for a blue ray version soon!

Whoops spelling sucks

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

Last edited:
I

I_am_Error

I still have that movie...

Plus you spelled mighty wrong....

Sent from my Frosty phone using the xda app

conantroutman

Retired Senior Moderator - XDA Portal Team
Dec 10, 2009
James Bond in HD. Hmm, sounds interesting! Cheese aside, they had their moments...not to mention the likes of Britt Eckland and, as you mentioned, Jane Fonda. The only movies that had a better collection of lead female stars were Hitchcocks own films!

I liked it. Films like that with atmosphere, (pardon the pun), and subtlety are few and far between these days. Reminds me of Kubricks classic, 2001 A Space Odyssey. (Although not as monumental). Another pun...sorry :D

2001monolith.jpg

Ok, it's a monolith, but monument is close enough!

That scene from a space odyssey is reminiscent of a day at work for me....

Replace the chimps with drunks/heroin addicts and the monolith with a 3ltr bottle of frosty jacks and you've got it.......

Sent From My Fingers To Your Face.....

Dirk

May 11, 2009
That scene from a space odyssey is reminiscent of a day at work for me....

Replace the chimps with drunks/heroin addicts and the monolith with a 3ltr bottle of frosty jacks and you've got it.......

Sent From My Fingers To Your Face.....

^^Not entirely certain if it's them or you with the Frosty Jacks...? :p

Next weekend off right? Hang in there mate!

No Country For Old Men - Fantastic movie with the creepiest, most evil bad-guy i've ever seen on camera! 9/10

xaccers

Jul 21, 2009
Milling around Milton Keynes
Watching For your eyes only, again they've lovingly restored it (now nipples are clearly visible, makes me blush). It has the best line of the entire series in it "Mr. Bond! We Can Do a Deal! I'll Buy You a Delicatessen, in Stainless Steel!" :D
It also has a transsexual in it, the big boobie'd woman that gets out of the pool and walks along the pool side before the 2CV chase.

Dirk

May 11, 2009
Watching For your eyes only, again they've lovingly restored it (now nipples are clearly visible, makes me blush). It has the best line of the entire series in it "Mr. Bond! We Can Do a Deal! I'll Buy You a Delicatessen, in Stainless Steel!" :D
It also has a transsexual in it, the big boobie'd woman that gets out of the pool and walks along the pool side before the 2CV chase.

I have absolutely no recollection of that! It sounds so random. :D I do however remember the scene that has the line that gave the film it's name. I wonder why that is :confused:

:D

Back To The Future fans may get a kick out of this:

http://www.wimp.com/biffquestions/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    uTDEUyf.png

The Movie Club rating system: (Thanks to LordManhattan)

- 10/10: Perfection
    - 9/10: Top quality
    - 8/10: High quality
    - 7/10: Highly watchable
    - 6/10: Watchable, but could've been better
    - 5/10: Wasted time
    - 4/10: Very bad
    - 3/10: Re-evaluate your life
    - 2/10: Burn the disc and never mention it again
    - 1/10: Shoot the director and happily serve the time

Movie Resources:

- IMDb
    - Rotten Tomatoes
    - A.V Club
    - Empire
    - Filmspotting
    - Film Junk

NO SPOILERS!

Please use
    tags if you want to post Spoilers, which includes telling people that a movie has a plot twist at the end!
    Here's me eating a scuba diver :D

a6bf8975-08cf-9a8d.jpg

Sent from my coffee pot.
    Some of you may have heard of the IMDb Top 250 Challenge, whereby you watch every movie on the list within a year. I've decided to do something similar, as a way to ensure that i am amply entertained over the coming months. I'm pretty certain i've seen most of what is on the list at present, but it'll be fun to watch the movies that i haven't, but should have seen. So that's what i am going to do!

To make it easier i've Excel'ed the list and printed a copy to make it easy ticking off the movies as i go. First i have to go through the list and mark off the ones i've already seen, and find out how many there are yet to see.

I've attached the list in case anybody else wants to make use of it.

Edit: Been having a play at the IMDb quiz's found on the Top 250 Page. They're pretty good fun!

So is drug resistant Tuberculosis but i'm in no hurry to catch it!