Motorola Droid 2 Custom boot animation loop

Search This thread

kingderzelas

Apr 22, 2014
I have a motorola droid 2 that I flashed a custom boot animation. I then tried to flash cyanogen rom (cant remember which one) on my phone, I made sure to follow the steps closely when it came to creating the clockworks recovery. After rebooting the phone and pressing X+Power button I proceeding to flash the rom.

After it finished I reboot the phone again but this time I noticed the boot animation seemed was playing really slowly and if i was lucky then I would get to the android logo but it would get stuck there. Most of the time though the boot animation would loop and it would still play really slowly.

I tried wiping the cache, and when I go to the wipe data option it also says factory reset next to it (wipe data/factory reset) but when I open the option all i see is two (No) options and the (Wipe data) option. No factory reset option. I also tried flashing the current sbf file (2.3.3) with the current rsd lite (5.6) but it would work. The flash would be successful but when the phone booted nothings changed.

I also tried booting the phone in fastboot but apparently it doesnt have one, and I cant load CWM recovery for some reason.

My phones been like this for months and I'm all out of options. Any information you guys might have would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Which system version on phone? 4.5.629?
Menu>settings>about phone>system version
Also see my
[HOW TO] Install/Use Droid 2/X/3 Bootstrap

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

No fastboot, only bootloader and android recovery.
Which bootloader version?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

kingderzelas

Apr 22, 2014
I believe my phones version is 2.2, but since my phone won't boot past boot animation I can't be too sure. My bootloader is D0.11

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Last edited:

enko93

May 15, 2014
help me with my droid 2

please help, i have a caynogen mod 7, when i turn my phone after logo ^motorola^ i see an animation with a droid on the skateboard and this animation is repeat many time. next problem, when i try to flash the phone with RSD 5.0 i see the error FEBE 0047, what can i do? if off topic, sorry
and sorry for my English)

Last edited:

enko93

May 15, 2014
finally the phone flahed. thanks for the help, i am very grateful to you

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts