Free Up Ur Internal Memory *Move data/Dalvik-Cache to dev/ or system/ Partitions*

Search This thread

DeeJayAhmed

Aug 20, 2011
Lahore
www.facebook.com
This Thread Will Help Yuh Guyx By Increasing Ur Android'x Internal Memory....!
THE PREFERENCE SHOULD BE MOVING UR DALVIK-CACHE TO SYSTEM/ PARTITION (As No One Reported Any Problem Doing This), MOVING THE DALVIK-CACHE TO DEV/ PARTITION IS THE SECOND OPTION (2-3 People Faced Problem Regarding Performance, I NEVER DID =P)....!

I Noticed That There Is A Partition Called dev/ In Our Phones Which Is Of 170Mb (Xperia Mini) And Is Only 2mb to 5mb Used...!
So I Decided To Move Dalvik-Cache To This Partition...!

EDIT: For Those Who Think That DEV Partition Is Automaticly Formatted Every Time Device Boot Up, I've Added A Zip File Named 02dalvik2cache (System Patition), This Will Move Dalvik-Cache To /System/ Partition...!
If Yuh Have More Than 150mb Free On Ur System Partition... I Will Recommend This Option...! Because I Feel It Takes More Time To Boot When The Dalvik-Cache Is On /dev/ Partition....!

This Is Wht Yuh Guyx Have To Do...!
1). Do Make A Nandroid Backup Before Doing Any Thing (So That If Something Goes Wrong, Yuh Can Restore As It Were Before)
2). Extract One Of The Attached File Then Copy The Extracted File (02dalvik2cache) To /system/etc/init.d/ ==> Yuh Can Use Root Explorer To Do This...!
3). Set Permission To rwxrwxrwx (Tick All)
4). Restart

First Boot Might Take Time...! Check Ur Internal Memory Nd If Everything Worked Fine U'll See The Difference And The Best Thing Is There Is No Performance Issue..!
FOR THOSE PEOPLE WHO SAY WHY NOT MOVE IT TO SD-EXT...!
=> Sd Cards Are Not Fast As The Internal Memory Even Yuh Have A Class 10 Card...!
Moving Dalvik-Cache To Sd-Ext Might Lead Yuh To Performance Issues
In My Opinion Never Move Dalvik-Cache Or Apps Data To Sd-Ext, It Will Slow Down Everything..! If Yuh Want To Move Just Move Applications...!

If Anyone Wants To Correct Me.. Go Ahead...!
IF THIS THING HELPED YUH HIT THANKX...!=)

Attachments

• 02dalvik2cache.zip
    1 KB · Views: 1,777
Last edited:

DeeJayAhmed

Aug 20, 2011
Lahore
www.facebook.com
thanks !
Now my phone have more memory!

But, will it affect the ClockWorkMod Recovery to backup dalvik-cache?

Hmmm! Nope! After Applying This Method I Made A Backup Of It...!
Than I Wiped Data Nd Cache And System Too...! Then Restored It Back Nd Everything Was There...!=))

Uh Can Try It And Confirm That Too..!
As The First Thing I've Mentioned Is That Yuh Should Do A Nandroid Before Doing This...!
So If Wht Ur Saying Is Right, Yuh Can Restore It Back To Its Original State...!=))

Last edited:

Driver007

Dec 12, 2011
Yes its working but I noticed few problems,

When installing apps from play market sometimes it shows some error

Running services shows most on every app restarting which leads to ram usage at 0 and total free ram is more

But I think that this leads to that some apps not work, like on screen keyboard not showing all the time

Reverted back because mobile phone was very slow

Last edited:

42me

Mar 16, 2012
in my world
not work u ''can'nt paste paste bcz the files system is read only ''
p/s i have a init.d folder in xp mn thanksss:D

iiandskater

Jan 25, 2012
thanks man !!
it works on ICS official.. :D

EDIT: it heavily slowing down my phone,
so reverted back.. :p

not work u ''can'nt paste paste bcz the files system is read only ''
p/s i have a init.d folder in xp mn thanksss:D

dont forget to tap Mount R/W box..

Last edited:

whalesplaho

Feb 1, 2012
Treasure Island
Tried it but my phone was just FC apps..... cant operate my mobile!!! thanks to yhu for saying we should make a backup!

i wanna delete tha backup i created, no more space on my SD Card!

DeeJayAhmed

Aug 20, 2011
Lahore
www.facebook.com
Tried it but my phone was just FC apps..... cant operate my mobile!!! thanks to yhu for saying we should make a backup!

i wanna delete tha backup i created, no more space on my SD Card!

Sorry Man If It Didnt Work...!
If Yuh Havent Tried Moving Dalvik-Cache To System/ Partition..! Yuh Should Try That...!
Im 99.9% Sure It Will Work...!
Or It My Be Cox Of Ur Rom Or Something Else...!
Making A Nandroid Always Helps....!=))

whalesplaho

Feb 1, 2012
Treasure Island
Sorry Man If It Didnt Work...!
If Yuh Havent Tried Moving Dalvik-Cache To System/ Partition..! Yuh Should Try That...!
Im 99.9% Sure It Will Work...!
Or It My Be Cox Of Ur Rom Or Something Else...!
Making A Nandroid Always Helps....!=))

thanks so much brov........

how can i do dis:- If Yuh Havent Tried Moving Dalvik-Cache To System/ Partition..! Yuh Should Try That...!?????

How can i delete tha Backup i created brov??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Thread Will Help Yuh Guyx By Increasing Ur Android'x Internal Memory....!
    THE PREFERENCE SHOULD BE MOVING UR DALVIK-CACHE TO SYSTEM/ PARTITION (As No One Reported Any Problem Doing This), MOVING THE DALVIK-CACHE TO DEV/ PARTITION IS THE SECOND OPTION (2-3 People Faced Problem Regarding Performance, I NEVER DID =P)....!

I Noticed That There Is A Partition Called dev/ In Our Phones Which Is Of 170Mb (Xperia Mini) And Is Only 2mb to 5mb Used...!
    So I Decided To Move Dalvik-Cache To This Partition...!

EDIT: For Those Who Think That DEV Partition Is Automaticly Formatted Every Time Device Boot Up, I've Added A Zip File Named 02dalvik2cache (System Patition), This Will Move Dalvik-Cache To /System/ Partition...!
    If Yuh Have More Than 150mb Free On Ur System Partition... I Will Recommend This Option...! Because I Feel It Takes More Time To Boot When The Dalvik-Cache Is On /dev/ Partition....!

This Is Wht Yuh Guyx Have To Do...!
    1). Do Make A Nandroid Backup Before Doing Any Thing (So That If Something Goes Wrong, Yuh Can Restore As It Were Before)
    2). Extract One Of The Attached File Then Copy The Extracted File (02dalvik2cache) To /system/etc/init.d/ ==> Yuh Can Use Root Explorer To Do This...!
    3). Set Permission To rwxrwxrwx (Tick All)
    4). Restart

First Boot Might Take Time...! Check Ur Internal Memory Nd If Everything Worked Fine U'll See The Difference And The Best Thing Is There Is No Performance Issue..!
    FOR THOSE PEOPLE WHO SAY WHY NOT MOVE IT TO SD-EXT...!
    => Sd Cards Are Not Fast As The Internal Memory Even Yuh Have A Class 10 Card...!
    Moving Dalvik-Cache To Sd-Ext Might Lead Yuh To Performance Issues
    In My Opinion Never Move Dalvik-Cache Or Apps Data To Sd-Ext, It Will Slow Down Everything..! If Yuh Want To Move Just Move Applications...!

If Anyone Wants To Correct Me.. Go Ahead...!
    IF THIS THING HELPED YUH HIT THANKX...!=)
    Hi

For freeing space on rom, there are various implementations of this kind, this looks like one of the n00b-er (as the every-word-capital-letter)... :rolleyes:

Firstly, the partitions:
    As user pippochennedi said, /dev is a virtual partition (like /proc, /sys...), is stored in RAM and is recreated after every boot. Putting stuff there is BAD.
    Instead /system is a physical partition, but moving there some (growing on) stuff like dalvik cache is a very risky thing, it's not good if you lost control and /system gets full.

Secondly, many other apps use symlinks, that are very flexible and transparent to system.

I don't see the point of not using very good apps line link2sd; however everyone is free to try and experiment on his handset, but expect some problem.

And thirdly, please, guys and girls, put Gnu-Linux on your PC, you'll learn a bunch of useful things.

Bye.
    Well it did help some users! So stop criticising nd interfering with other's matter!

Sent from my Qmobile A900 using xda app-developers app

Much better! :good:
    Hi

For freeing space on rom, there are various implementations of this kind, this looks like one of the n00b-er (as the every-word-capital-letter)... :rolleyes:
    Not to mention he's writing like retard (some letters are simply missing). Yup, you are not sure in the end about this "tweak".
    Yes its working but I noticed few problems,

When installing apps from play market sometimes it shows some error

Running services shows most on every app restarting which leads to ram usage at 0 and total free ram is more

But I think that this leads to that some apps not work, like on screen keyboard not showing all the time

Reverted back because mobile phone was very slow

I Didnt Had Any Of The Above Problems Man...!
    Yuh Can Try Moving Dalvik-Cache To System/ Partition...!
    That Will Work Nd Yuh Wont Have Any Problem...!=))