[MOD][XPOSED][v1.0.10.53] InstallerOpt

Search This thread

nicesoni_ash

May 26, 2012
Missed this feature. Thanks for bringing it back. Came here to thanks.

Sent from my "i9300/1+2" powered by Carbon/RR
Fueled by 7000mAh ZeroLemon Battery

Reactions: 123SIT

123SIT

Oct 4, 2007
Greenville, NC
It is giving me "package name incorrect"

Can you kill xposed installer or reboot and try again? It was giving that error yesterday because when I uploaded the module to the repo I specified the package name as net.fpym.InstallerOpt instead of net.fypm.InstallerOpt(swapped the "y" and "p") but rovo fixed it on the backend. I just downloaded and installed the current version listed in the repo with no issues. Let me know if you continue to have the issue.

SyCoREAPER

Retired Forum Moderator
Can you kill xposed installer or reboot and try again? It was giving that error yesterday because when I uploaded the module to the repo I specified the package name as net.fpym.InstallerOpt instead of net.fypm.InstallerOpt(swapped the "y" and "p") but rovo fixed it on the backend. I just downloaded and installed the current version listed in the repo with no issues. Let me know if you continue to have the issue.

Unfortunately same thing. I'll just grab it from the thread and get on the update path from there

123SIT

Oct 4, 2007
Greenville, NC
Unfortunately same thing. I'll just grab it from the thread and get on the update path from there

That's cool, confused as to why you are still having that issue though...is it listing v0.9 in xposed installer? I'm working on a new build now with the hide icon function, when I upload it please try and let me know if you still receive the error. Thanks for your help.

pkWhistle

Jul 15, 2014
This module aims to 'debloat' xinstaller by limiting it's functions considerably but takes up 5mb in storage compared to xinstaller's 544kb.

How in the world is this possible?

123SIT

Oct 4, 2007
Greenville, NC
This module aims to 'debloat' xinstaller by limiting it's functions considerably but takes up 5mb in storage compared to xinstaller's 544kb.

How in the world is this possible?

It was never intended to "debloat" xinstaller at all, but to make a functional module with the the methods I wanted from xinstaller since xinstaller no longer worked due to all the functions it offered needing to be updated. I'll get the size down don't worry, it's android studio adding in crap as the source files are less than 10kb. Thanks for the input though ;)

Last edited:

internetaddict24

Feb 17, 2015
Bucharest
Can you add the option to "hide from launcher"? It will be very useful for me, as i don't like the clutter in the app drawer and the module will still be very accesible from Xposed Installer :)

Also, can you port the auto uninstall feature entirely? So there will be absolutely no prompt or progress when uninstalling an app, and only the "App Uninstalled" notification will appear.

Thanks!

jaydee 77

May 27, 2011
[REQ] Version Code / Build Number

Could you add version code / build number information to the toast message.?

123SIT

Oct 4, 2007
Greenville, NC
Can you add the option to "hide from launcher"? It will be very useful for me, as i don't like the clutter in the app drawer and the module will still be very accesible from Xposed Installer :)

Also, can you port the auto uninstall feature entirely? So there will be absolutely no prompt or progress when uninstalling an app, and only the "App Uninstalled" notification will appear.

Thanks!

Ability to hide icon is already implemented in the version i'm working on and so is the auto uninstall feature as well. I hope to have it finished and posted sometime later today.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XInstaller seems to be having issues with MM but it had two features that I really missed:
    • Show version information when installing an application, current and new version numbers
    • Automatically closing the installer when installation was successful so you don't have to click "Done" or "Open"
    So I took the relevant methods from XInstaller and removed everything else. Other features from XInstaller are being added upon request with the following features currently implemented:
    • Auto hide install and uninstall
    • Auto install and uninstall
    • Backup any currently installed application
    • Backup APK files during install
    • Manage all backups including restore from backups
    • Delete APK files after install
    • Disable application Force Close dialog
    • Disable application verification and signature checking
    • Disable system apps
    • Disable user applications
    • Display package name in app info
    • Downgrade apps
    • Enable clear data and cache buttons
    • Launch app from icon in app info
    • Open playstore link from icon in app info
    • Show version info on installation window and/or as toast
    Original code credit:
    Pyler for XInstaller github
    hamzahrmalik for initial preference code and layout
    hamsterksu over on github for an awesome content provider that wraps sharedpreferences
    Matsca09 over on github for unknown source prompt in DirectApkInstall

Grab it from Xposed Installer or from http://fypm.net/xposed/net.fypm.InstallerOpt1.0.10 (53)-release.apk

Source: https://github.com/afxefx/InstallerOpt

Screenshots:

InstallerOpt Preferences
    Screenshot_20170120-125059.png

Screenshot_20170120-125122.png

Screenshot_20170120-125134.png

Screenshot_20170120-125156.png

Screenshot_20170120-125205.png

Screenshot_20170120-125213.png

Backup Installed Applications
    Screenshot_20170120-125531.png

Manage Backups
    Screenshot_20170120-125606.png

Changelog:
    v.1.0.10.53 - Fixed issue that may cause notification to not show, force English in module will also use English for version info when installing
    v.1.0.10.44 - Optimized retrieving preferences from content provider, fixed display issue with toast if you weren't showing both version and version code, reworked restore backup process logic to be more seamless, reworked the way the master switch was implemented as it may not have been respected, translations updates
    v.1.0.10.3 - Fixed newline character in Polish translation
    v.1.0.10.2 - Fix crashes due to not handling screen rotation correctly, master switch to disable all features without having to reboot, add notification for app install, show current app being parsed when loading backups and applications, add dialog when installing an unknown app, credit to Matsca09/DirectApkInstall, now you don't have to enable Unknown Sources in settings, restoring backups will override same version/version code install cancellation and unknown sources will be enabled for duration of restore process, added filtering in backup/application lists to speed up looking for specific files, fixed sorting by date in backup manager, removed tons of hard coded strings, language translation updates, backup/restore/reset InstallerOpt preferences
    v.1.0.9.12 - Fix LG rom issue, misc code cleanup
    v.1.0.8.104 - Backup manager with stats on each backup, share backups, backup any installed application, code refactoring and cleanup
    v.1.0.7.61 - Fixed issue affected Lollipop devices that caused module to not work, better ROM detection, misc fixes
    v.1.0.7.46 - Fixed missing apps issue from previous release, added disable JAR verification, added disable duplicate permission checks, added disable signature verification, added disable permissions check, misc fixes
    v.1.0.7.2 - Disable signature checking and verification finally appers to be working, fixed permissions not showing on CM based roms, Chinese translation by aviraxp, code cleanup and refactoring
    v.1.0.6.84 - API 15 support added back, force English option, show version info inline made optional just like toast display, more error handling, backup sanity checks added for chosen folder
    v.1.0.6.22 - Fixed incorrect method call related to bootReceiver, tweaked Hide FC to automatically dismiss crash dialog and FC app...better but still WIP
    v.1.0.5.422 - Backup folder can be chosen now, if backup folder is changed, user is offered to move old backups, saving to external SD cards is now possible (thanks pylerSM), more debugging added, alignment fixes for version info display, misc code cleanup
    v1.0.5.88 - Downgrade apps, enable clear data and storage buttons in app info(forgot about this but it been available for a few updates)
    v1.0.5.84 - Added option to enable/disable vibrate on auto install complete
    v1.0.5.81 - NPE fixed, version info should display on installer dialog, vibrate on install completion if using auto install and auto close install, misc bugs fixed
    v.1.0.5 - Version info can be shown on install dialog now, toast is still an option in case you use auto install, backup apks to storage during install, delete apks after install from original location such as Download folder, permission request for external storage when you open the preferences on MM, misc. bug fixes
    v.1.04 - Internal testing only, skipped
    v.1.0.3 - Completely recoded preferences to fix issues, enabled show version code, added package name toggle to app info by clicking the app label
    v1.0.2 - Added open in playstore, dark theme, versioning changes and reduced file size a little more
    v1.0 - Added launcher icon hiding, auto uninstall functionality and reduced APK and storage usage by 50%
    v0.9 - Added debugging options in preferences, disabled by default
    v0.8 - Reverted enabled by default so please open module preferences and enable what you want, fixed an issue that may cause preferences not to load all the time
    v0.7 - Enabled both options by default, disable via preferences of module
    v0.6 - Added support for com.google.android.packageinstaller
    v0.5 - Initial release
    Need to do some formatting and sanity checks but...

cbe7b28175914b807379cee898f2a313.jpg

a8e956ced3fa238d1f4ad346e4f83a5a.jpg
    any hope for an updated version compatible with nougat and above ?
    Hey guys, I'm still working on outstanding issues but real life has kicked in lately hence the slight slow down :)
    OP and repo updated with newest version: 1.0.7.2

Changes:

- Disable signature checking and application verification finally appear to be working
    - Fixed permissions not showing on CM based roms, thanks to pyler and Maxr1998 for pointing me in the right direction
    - Chinese translation by aviraxp
    - Code cleanup and refactoring

I'm still working on getting the application version display to be accurate across all device resolutions so just bear with me guys. Thanks for all the support and kind words.