ADW Launcher EX now available on Xoom

Search This thread

ritalin

Sep 28, 2007
Tampa
plus.google.com
Besides some of the issues posted above, I have another complaint. As of 3.1 and ADW 1.3.3 there seems to be a bug with the wallpaper. It seems to add more wallpaper then the crop template does normally, IE it makes my wallpaper template show smaller in the crop tool then it should. That and the fact that wallpaper setup in the normal launcher gets pushed upwards when in ADW...

As if wallpaper was not a big enough pain in the ass to begin with on this device.

risq

Oct 25, 2010
Basingstoke
Its broken the facez Facebook widget too.

Why one developer hasn't made a universal set of Widgets I don't know. I'm thinking of commissioning some as I'd like them all to line up properly and all look the same ( smoked to same aphla, same curved edges etc) its so annoying having slightly different alphas, slightly different dimensions (even at same column/row settings)

Grrrr

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium App

bigrushdog

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2007
I'm running 1.3.3 and it is a 1000 times better. My only regret is the loss of screen real estate where the logo and menu button are. Regarding the logo, I'm gonna replace it with a transparent .png and resign the apk. Also Pure Calendar widget is still borked. But I think its the widget and not the launcher. Also the 4d drawer icon labels are fixed.

kev0153

Nov 6, 2007
Appleton
I'm running 1.3.3 and it is a 1000 times better. My only regret is the loss of screen real estate where the logo and menu button are. Regarding the logo, I'm gonna replace it with a transparent .png and resign the apk. Also Pure Calendar widget is still borked. But I think its the widget and not the launcher. Also the 4d drawer icon labels are fixed.

BRD, thanks for the update, I like 1.3.3 on my phone and would like to use it on the xoom as it so much smoother than previous version. Same complaints with the loss of the real estate on the top. You also loose some on the sides if you enable the hidden dockbar.

I'd be interested in that transparent logo when you get it ready.

Thanks

risq

Oct 25, 2010
Basingstoke
What would be even better is if you can have it so that the adw logo becomes the app drawer button. I want it like the stock launcher, but with the transitions different app drawer and resizeable Widgets. Is that possible?

I wanna know why there is branding on a paid product too. That shouldn't be there in my opinion as its ugly!!!

Last edited:

djsaad1

Mar 18, 2010
What would be even better is if you can have it so that the adw logo becomes the app drawer button. I want it like the stock launcher, but with the transitions different app drawer and resizeable Widgets. Is that possible?

I wanna know why there is branding on a paid product too. That shouldn't be there in my opinion as its ugly!!!

Whats weird is that it's not there when I install it on my phone, the top bar seems to only be there on the xoom. I am yet to see any galaxy tab owners complaining about it.

forlorn110

Feb 25, 2011
switching between launchers

is there a way to switch between adw and stock? for some reason i can't, even with home switcher...

forlorn110

Feb 25, 2011
Sorry I had ADW uninstalled and re-installed it and I wasn't clear the first time. I want to play around with ADW, but want to keep the stock launcher as default. Anyway to do that?

forlorn110

Feb 25, 2011
I have Launcher Switcher installed. When I open it up, it says I have no default launcher and I'm not sure how to make stock launcher my default? Thanks for helping me out.

shmigao

Sep 3, 2009
I have Launcher Switcher installed. When I open it up, it says I have no default launcher and I'm not sure how to make stock launcher my default? Thanks for helping me out.

yep, sorry, i just noticed that too... i thought it was working, but when i hit home button, i went back to ADW ex, although i wanted back to default home

so, no perfect solution for 2 home apps right now...

ritalin

Sep 28, 2007
Tampa
plus.google.com
yep, sorry, i just noticed that too... i thought it was working, but when i hit home button, i went back to ADW ex, although i wanted back to default home

so, no perfect solution for 2 home apps right now...

Ok so here is the best method for dual or more home desktops.

Lets say you want the normal 3.1 launcher as your default desktop. Go ahead and set it as default. Now you will need Launcher Pro to accomplish this, so go ahead and side load it.
Now long press your desktop and then choose more.
Under more choose Activities.
Under activities choose ADW Launcher EX, then choose org.adwfreak.launcher.Launcher

This will create a shortcut that is a direct link to the launcher itself on your desktop. I know your thinking, why no just use a regular shortcut to ADW? Well the answer is that this method has no stutter at all.

You can accomplish the same thing in ADW if you prefer that as your default by choosing custom shortcut, and then activities.

kev0153

Nov 6, 2007
Appleton
So I modified the logos in the upper left hand corner to transparent versions. Looks much better. I was going to post the apk but since this is a paid app I won't. I do have the logos if anybody wants to replace them.

screen-20110606-0943.png

kev0153

Nov 6, 2007
Appleton
In a nutshell. Find the apk on your xoom in data/apps and get it onto your computer with whatever method you like. You can use adb pull or I just uploaded it to my dropbox account using root explorer.

I used apk manager to unpack the file. Replace the two icons in drawable hdpi and drawable mdpi (probably only need hdpi but I did both) with the attached icons. Rename to ic_launcher_home.png before moving. I zipped up the file and resigned using apk manager and sideload to the xoom using dropbox. Uninstall the current ADW and reinstall the new package.

In hindsight I probably could have just opened the apk in winrar and just replaced the icons but I went the apk manager route.

Attachments

• ic_launcher_home_hdpi.png
    ic_launcher_home_hdpi.png
    152 bytes · Views: 1,273
  • ic_launcher_home_mdpi.png
    ic_launcher_home_mdpi.png
    140 bytes · Views: 1,271

Botero

Nov 9, 2007
Philadelphia
In a nutshell. Find the apk on your xoom in data/apps and get it onto your computer with whatever method you like. You can use adb pull or I just uploaded it to my dropbox account using root explorer.

I used apk manager to unpack the file. Replace the two icons in drawable hdpi and drawable mdpi (probably only need hdpi but I did both) with the attached icons. Rename to ic_launcher_home.png before moving. I zipped up the file and resigned using apk manager and sideload to the xoom using dropbox. Uninstall the current ADW and reinstall the new package.

In hindsight I probably could have just opened the apk in winrar and just replaced the icons but I went the apk manager route.

Thanks. I'm going to try it this morning.

Sent from my Xoom that Tiamat made good...

Mr Bland

Mar 28, 2011
Richmond

Thank-you very much. Just as a fyi you can do this same process on your xoom using NinjaMorph pro. It cost a couple of bucks to get the app but it makes it easier by eliminating the need to transfer to a computer.

bpick

Jul 13, 2009
This maybe a tad off topic but.... I have this issue with ADW EX where when I have the stock Email, Gmail or Calendar widgets it will switch to whichever home screen the widget is on when I rotate. Has anyone else had this happen.

Searching doesnt yield very many results and no resolution. Just curious and this is an ADW thread so I thought, why not ask.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just wanted to let everyone know ADW EX is available for download from the market place. So far looks pretty nice.

Sent from my Xoom using my Xoom
    How do I get rid of the launcher icon on the top left of the screen? It is messing up my clean desktop.

+1
    I emailed the developer about this
    Hi.
    Im searching for the twitter/facebook widgets/apps on the screen from ryan562. What is this?

Thanks marco

Gesendet von meinem MZ604 mit Tapatalk

Judging from the tweetcaster icon in the dock, it's probably tweetcaster and friendcaster.

Though I actually bought it, I stopped using tweetcaster. Their ability to keep track of your position in your stream just kept getting worse and worse with each rev. Now I use Plume. Very very nice twitter client. Keeps track of your position brilliantly, functions and looks great, and widget is better than tweetcaster's.