[MOD]Beats Audio for all apps

Search This thread

lucas.scott

Mar 10, 2009
Nashville, TN
I hadnt seen this posted anywhere here. I found several threads where the OP had pulled this or links just went bad in other forums. From what i can tell, the first guy to make this happen was RockoDev. I dont know if he made this or if someone else did based off his work..just trying to give credit where credit is due.

That said , I have A/Bd this with the stock music app that uses Beats Audio officially...i then had the same song queued up in Play Music where i could multitask and hit play on both players that way i didnt have any pause in audio for my ears to readjust. And in my honest opinion this is the real deal.

I tested on a pair of Beats Studios , Yamaha NS10 monitors, as well as M-Audio BX8A reference monitors. Also tested in my car audio setup which isnt too shabby.

That said .. yeah guys this pretty much is just EQ . BUT , having a rather extensive background in audio engineering , i think there is an added component that doesnt get enough credit.. I believe they use some sort of software compressor that rolls off the highs as the source becomes louder , which helps reduce distortion at louder volumes and keeps that "full" sound even at capacity.

Well thats my two cents ... flash it .. bash it .. whatever :)

Take care guys .

Attachments

• Beats_Audio.zip
    620.3 KB · Views: 3,914

bast525

Nov 15, 2007
Chesapeake, VA
thank you sir wil try this out! I like the sound with Beats but I also added some 'custimization' using DSP manager to make it sound even better.

dyetheskin

Dec 12, 2006
bensalem, pa
is this compatible for all Rome or is there limitations to this?

sent from my ICS flavored HTC Vigorous Vigor. If I helped please use the "thanks" option!

lucas.scott

Mar 10, 2009
Nashville, TN
*SHOULD* be compatible with all roms on all devices running 2.3 and up.

I have tested it on

Rezound, Fascinate , Charge, Galaxy Nexus, OG Droid , and Droid 3 ... seemed to work on all those .

Reactions: rpalmerin

k2trill

Aug 30, 2009
*SHOULD* be compatible with all roms on all devices running 2.3 and up.

I have tested it on

Rezound, Fascinate , Charge, Galaxy Nexus, OG Droid , and Droid 3 ... seemed to work on all those .

.... and Thunderbolt :) so far, it's legit on my Rezound and Thunderbolt. Good work.

mc_365

Sep 17, 2009
Jersey City
Is there no way to turn it on/off?
How do I know it's on?

How do I uninstall it, as I don't think I want Beats on all the time?

wrarvoz

Mar 27, 2011
Wow, if this is legit, this has to be one of the best mods I've seen so far. I'll be flashing it on my Rezound and Droid Charge.

HVAC Wars

Jul 4, 2010
Campbell
It's not working for poweramp on rezrom. Newts one x rom has sense 4 so beats works throughout

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA Premium App

lucas.scott

Mar 10, 2009
Nashville, TN
No way to unflash unless you re flash the rom. It's always on. no way to turn it off

You don't turn it off or on... It just is

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

Last edited:

lucas.scott

Mar 10, 2009
Nashville, TN
Not really... It flashes it to the file system, open the zip and check it out.

Then compare audio with your stock music player that you know uses it.

It doesn't just flash a bunch of useless files I promise :).... Unless you find the beats effect useless... Then I guess it is

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I hadnt seen this posted anywhere here. I found several threads where the OP had pulled this or links just went bad in other forums. From what i can tell, the first guy to make this happen was RockoDev. I dont know if he made this or if someone else did based off his work..just trying to give credit where credit is due.

That said , I have A/Bd this with the stock music app that uses Beats Audio officially...i then had the same song queued up in Play Music where i could multitask and hit play on both players that way i didnt have any pause in audio for my ears to readjust. And in my honest opinion this is the real deal.

I tested on a pair of Beats Studios , Yamaha NS10 monitors, as well as M-Audio BX8A reference monitors. Also tested in my car audio setup which isnt too shabby.

That said .. yeah guys this pretty much is just EQ . BUT , having a rather extensive background in audio engineering , i think there is an added component that doesnt get enough credit.. I believe they use some sort of software compressor that rolls off the highs as the source becomes louder , which helps reduce distortion at louder volumes and keeps that "full" sound even at capacity.

Well thats my two cents ... flash it .. bash it .. whatever :)

Take care guys .
    i made it but thanks for the credit!!!! new update coming soon!!!!
    Did Dr. Dre personally design this software?

Do you really think Dr. Dre could design software like this? You do know he's not a real doctor right?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA App
    I was also wondering...does someone have a version of the DSP Manager that was on CM7 that can be used with our ROMs?
    Heres a newer one
    no problem we do it for xda'ers