[ROM] AOKP Kang build 28 Beta 2

Search This thread

ViciousxGaruda

May 8, 2010
Oakland Cali
Do I...

Do I have to be on Gingerbread 2.3 and rooted to do this? or can it be on Froyo 2.2 and rooted? I finally able to root back my Droid 2 with 2.2 SBF and not 2.3 SBF because I was on GB 2.3 and I can't rooted. I tried to flash CM9 on GB and it stuck on 'M' logo so I have to SBF Again, and Again, etc... So how can I flashed it to CM9 (ICS) first and then flashed to AOKP? Do I need to be on GB with root? I kinda lost here. Please Reply... Thanks.

dttung80

May 27, 2011
Hanoi
facebook.com
Do I have to be on Gingerbread 2.3 and rooted to do this? or can it be on Froyo 2.2 and rooted? I finally able to root back my Droid 2 with 2.2 SBF and not 2.3 SBF because I was on GB 2.3 and I can't rooted. I tried to flash CM9 on GB and it stuck on 'M' logo so I have to SBF Again, and Again, etc... So how can I flashed it to CM9 (ICS) first and then flashed to AOKP? Do I need to be on GB with root? I kinda lost here. Please Reply... Thanks.

ICS must be base on GB 2.3. U can find the official SBF ROM with Root Tool on this D2 topic.

Have fun.

Sent from my DROID2 using XDA

ViciousxGaruda

May 8, 2010
Oakland Cali
Sbf 2.3.3 Gingerbread official:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1490769

Firmware CDMA DROID 2 A955 Verizon USA Gingebread 2.3.3

ROOT tool:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1566877

[TOOL] Root tool for Droid2/Droid2G Android Froyo 2.2 and Gingerbread 2.3.3

I've tried the GB official, it work but when trying to root it, it can't be done with z4 Root .apk. and I can't use Petes Root Tool because I'm currently using a mac which I really hate because my windows laptop is broken :mad: I've rooted this before with the z4 Rot but now it seem it doesn't want to root; it keep saying "acquiring shell" then it would back out (this when I was on GB 2.3. When on 2.2 Froyo z4 Root work fine... Is there a way to root using a Mac with step by step, I'm not good with terminals.

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

I'm Going To Try It One More Time... I Hate SBF'ing. Haha

dttung80

May 27, 2011
Hanoi
facebook.com
I've tried the GB official, it work but when trying to root it, it can't be done with z4 Root .apk. and I can't use Petes Root Tool because I'm currently using a mac which I really hate because my windows laptop is broken :mad: I've rooted this before with the z4 Rot but now it seem it doesn't want to root; it keep saying "acquiring shell" then it would back out (this when I was on GB 2.3. When on 2.2 Froyo z4 Root work fine... Is there a way to root using a Mac with step by step, I'm not good with terminals.

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Hm... i think i tried to make the guide very detail. That Petes Root use for GB.

U can copy that tool to usb and paste to the other/friends/public/borrow windows xp/7 computer to ROOT your device. About ~5 minutes only.

And the other tasks, simple copy ROM to your sd card.

Reactions: ViciousxGaruda

ViciousxGaruda

May 8, 2010
Oakland Cali
Hm... i think i tried to make the guide very detail. That Petes Root use for GB.

U can copy that tool to usb and paste to the other/friends/public/borrow windows xp/7 computer to ROOT your device. About ~5 minutes only.

And the other tasks, simple copy ROM to your sd card.

Yeah, that's not gonna be for awhile... Not having a PC is overwhelming lol...

Use MotorolaOneClickRoot

Try this http://droidmodderx.com/one-click-root-for-any-motorola-device-running-gb/

ViciousxGaruda

May 8, 2010
Oakland Cali

I unzip the file and do I just run/click/open the "run_to_root_droid3.sh"? I did that and it gave me some txt that I don't understand, so i copy that and paste it on the terminal and it told me to "press enter to continue..." I did, it later show something like this in the terminals "/Desktop/droid_easy_root_v7d/run_to_root_your_droid3.sh: line 107: ./adb.osx: No such file or directory" at the end it say, "! You might want to try rebooting your phone and trying again." I rebooted it but it didn't work. Like I've say, I'm not good with terminals...

[EDIT].... I've FINALLY Root It!!!! I just follow this instruction (http://www.atrixforums.com/forum/mo...-any-sbf-file-without-rsdlite-mac-linux.html) to SBF on Mac through terminal but instead inputting "sbf_flash.sh" I've replace that with "run_to_root_your_droid3.sh" then it tell me to "press enter to continue..." and from there it successfully rebooted itself twice within stage 3 to complete as the instruction shown. I've installed bootstrap and now it's rooted...Onto flashing CM(9 then AOKP. Thanks Guys!!!

Last edited:

ViciousxGaruda

May 8, 2010
Oakland Cali
BootLoops

After SBF back to GB 2.3.3 and Rooting it, Installed Bootstrap goto recovery flash CM9, Rebooted it. It looked good. So then I tried to go back to recovery but I was stuck on the red M logo for about 5mins and then it show and stuck CM9 Screen Animation for another 20mins... I've tried to Pull battery out and Press Power while holding the X going into Stock Recovery and wipe/factory reset and then rebooted but no luck. It did the same thing; after reboot, showed Red M Logo, then stuck on CM9 Animated AGAIN... What is there left to do? So I went back to SBF'ing to GB 2.3.3 and Rooted it, skipped the flashing CM9 and flashed straight to AOKP instead. Looked great! So then I reinstalled Bootstrap and try to see if I'm able to get back to CWM recovery but just as I expected it did the very same thing; showed Red M Logo for 5mins and then showed the Unicorn Horse, Stuck on bootlooping................BTW, When I was on AOKP camera still showed black images but after retries it work for a bit. And when I was on both I experienced Scrolling Lags like when flicking my finger up or down, it would bounce up and down very small notices... Any Help is appreciated...

Last edited:

dttung80

May 27, 2011
Hanoi
facebook.com
My friend, DO NOT use Bootrap on ICS.
ICS already have the CWM in power menu.
The solution now that s re SBF.

We now using ICS enough good and wait for 4.0.4.

Last edited:
Reactions: ViciousxGaruda

ViciousxGaruda

May 8, 2010
Oakland Cali
My friend, DO NOT use Bootrap on ICS.
ICS already have the CWM in power menu.
The solution now that s re SBF.

We now using ICS enough good and wait for 4.0.4.

THANKS!!!! I saw that but I thought that was a shortcut to Recovery after installing bootstrap. I was wrong...lol.

---------- Post added at 02:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 AM ----------

^this. Build 33 is on the way

Good... We don't have to wipe anything for the Build33 right? Also, I'm still having a very minor with scrolling. When scrolling slowly; normally it good but when flicking it up or down it would lag a little, it doesn't go all the way up when flicking it. Or that could just be me?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Albinoman109 Brings the First AOKP Rom to the DROID2

Built from AOKP source b28

Thanks a MILLION to:

Roman, ProTekk, Whitehawkx, Johnathan Grigg, Zaphod-Beeble,Zerospeed8

Screenshot_2012-02-20-14-21-02.png

Screenshot_2012-02-20-16-20-10.png

Screenshot_2012-02-20-16-20-31.png

What works:
    Camera
    3g
    Youtube (high and low quality)
    Almost everthing!!

Bugs:
    Orientation (See below)
    Led notification changes.
    Charge only mode
    Chrome ? maybe
    any help would be appreciated!!!

Beta 2: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?kcw8851c1350zd5
    Beta 2 details
    -Working USB
    -Camera should work better
    -Better battery life

Gapps: http://sts-dev-team.us.to/gapps/

Instructions on install:
    "I" SBF'd to do this you dont have to but...
    Be on Gingerbread Kernal and 2nd-init CM9
    Boot into CWM
    MAKE A NANDROID
    DO NOT WIPE ANYTHING!!! (NOTHING!!!)
    Flash ROM
    flash Gapps
    reboot

MUST BE ON CM9 TO FLASH!!! http://rootzwiki.com/topic/18697-cyanogenmod-9-unofficialbeta/

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS!!!
    Really guys no responses. This is huge
    New alpha 2! Fixed orientation
    Orientation works.

Sent from my mind using magic

Thank you

Sent from my DROID2 using xda premium