Hi. Contactive. We have cake.

Which feature do you like the most?

• Total voters
Search This thread
Jun 6, 2013
NYC
contactive.com
Hi,
We make Contactive(it's an app)(just to make sure we're on the same page here). It's guaranteed to (insert sips ref here) rustle your jimmies.
We've received some great feedback lately and we're hungry like a wolf for moar. That's where you come in:fingers-crossed:. Fill our suggestion box full of stuff. Types of feedback that we like to munch on:
- all positive comments
- A bunch of five stars pls
- words that want to make us cry
- And I'm legally binded to ask for some constructive criticism. Not too much though. Our dev's get angry pretty easily(please do not tweet to contactive that i said that).

Also too our lead dev is single(lololololol) he like's to go on very brief walks on the beach, he gets tired very easily, and his fave movie is the about the ring.

I guess I should say something about the app now. Um, well it makes your phone ring, or vibrate, when you get a call. It tells you if a celebrity is calling you like Dr. Dre or if its your mailman, or if its just your mum.

But wait there's more:highfive:, if your mom's on twitter, and let's face it there's like a 99% chance she is, it will show you her latest tweet before you pick up her call... you'll be prepared. Also too it'll import all of your friends from Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin(if you have a job), and Gmail to your phone's address book. It identifies unknown callers too by crawling over the inter-webs for all public information connected to that number(ie. location, name,a picture if available, and some other stuff I cant remember.

Seriously though View attachment 2043155

http://contactive.com/
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...forums&utm_medium=XDADevelopers&utm_term=post

niranjan94

Jun 21, 2012
Coimbatore
www.github.com
Hi,
We make Contactive(it's an app)(just to make sure we're on the same page here). It's guaranteed to (insert sips ref here) rustle your jimmies.
We've received some great feedback lately and we're hungry like a wolf for moar. That's where you come in:fingers-crossed:. Fill our suggestion box full of stuff. Types of feedback that we like to munch on:
- all positive comments
- And I'm legally binded to ask for some constructive criticism. Not too much though. Our dev's get angry pretty easily(please do not tweet to contactive that i said that).

Also too our lead dev is single(lololololol) he like's to go on very brief walks on the beach, he gets tired very easily, and his fave movie is the about the ring.

I guess I should say something about the app now. Um, well it makes your phone ring, or vibrate, when you get a call. It tells you if a celebrity is calling you like Dr. Dre or if its your mailman, or if its just your mum.

But wait there's more:highfive:, if your mom's on twitter, and let's face it there's like a 99% chance she is, it will show you her latest tweet before you pick up her call... you'll be prepared. Also too it'll import all of your friends from Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin(if you have a job), and Gmail to your phone's address book. It identifies unknown callers too by crawling over the inter-webs for all public information connected to that number(ie. location, name,a picture if available, and some other stuff I cant remember.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...forums&utm_medium=XDADevelopers&utm_term=post

The app looks pretty nice ... :good: ... And the WebSIte Design ... AWESOME !! (may i ask who made the website ?) .... Keep up ... !! :good:

fragargon

Feb 14, 2011
this apps sounds good, gonna give a try. thread subscribe. thks to dev team :good:

hanifbsk

Jun 26, 2010
Can you add a feature to remove duplicate numbers in phone contacts
This is good:good:, but feel they have two or more contacts:confused:,
numbers on the phone does not directly connect to facebook

Jun 6, 2013
NYC
contactive.com
Looks awesome. can we get a dark theme?

We've had a few requests for theme customization. right now, we're busy with bug fixes and core features, but we're hoping to get to a place where we can work on themes. We know the blue is super bright, and some people like it, some people don't.

I'm not trying to discredit your app but what does it bring that the others don't have ? I tried it works exactly like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.callapp.contacts that is my main contacts app

Yeah. CallApp is our main competitor - and right now we do pretty much the same thing. But we're tryna eventually leapfrog them. :D

Can you add a feature to remove duplicate numbers in phone contacts
This is good:good:, but feel they have two or more contacts:confused:,
numbers on the phone does not directly connect to facebook

Not sure what's happening there but Contactive SHOULD be taking care of your duplicate numbers. There's also an option to manually merge/link profiles when you go into an individual profile and hit settings. Could you shoot us an email at support@contactive.com?

PS. Thank you to @TheRomMistress for the article!

rubin110

Oct 19, 2010
I'm trying to wrap my brain around how your app works and where the line in privacy is.

Without actually installing your app, my theory is...

* Your app takes a snapshot of my address book and pushes that to a 3rd party service
* This service builds up a database of numbers, names, and useful information to find people on social networking sites
* Some of this information is pushed back down to the user for their particular contact
* Once a call comes in, if the user already exists the app should know which accounts on what social networks the pole for the callers most recent postings
* If the caller doesn't exist in the address book, a quick ping off to the 3rd party service is made to request any known information on this new caller's phone number, and that's pushed back down to the user and relevant content is shown

Is all that approximately correct or do I have it all backwards? Thanks!

Reactions: gaquarian

gaquarian

Sep 11, 2010
I'm trying to wrap my brain around how your app works and where the line in privacy is.

* Your app takes a snapshot of my address book and pushes that to a 3rd party service
* This service builds up a database of numbers, names, and useful information to find people on social networking sites
* Some of this information is pushed back down to the user for their particular contact
* Once a call comes in, if the user already exists the app should know which accounts on what social networks the pole for the callers most recent postings
* If the caller doesn't exist in the address book, a quick ping off to the 3rd party service is made to request any known information on this new caller's phone number, and that's pushed back down to the user and relevant content is shown

Iam totally agree with RUBIN110..Big concern is privacy .I'm not trying to discredit your app but App from Newyork ..,,,Whats About NSA?..Whats about U.S. and British government mass surveillance programs?

Last edited:

imtoomuch

Dec 28, 2011
Phoenixville
I really like the look of the app and I want to use it, but I'm concerned about the privacy aspects.

Do you collect the data and use or store it outside of this app?

Jun 6, 2013
NYC
contactive.com

As the lowly intern, this is my understanding of how it works - from both asking a bunch of questions and sitting next to the dev guys everyday listening to what they talk about:
You got it mostly correct.
1. yes. The app saves your address book in Contactive's database and stores links (not info) to matching social network profiles. This info is NOT shared with 3rd party services.
2. yes. The service builds up a database of the following: name, number, social network IDs
3. yes. The info you see for a particular contact all depends on what info you can see if you were to visit that user's Facebook page. For example, if you are friends with Alex, all of the info you can normally see on Alex's Facebook will show up within Contactive. If you are NOT friends with Alex, only the info Alex has made public will be seen within Contactive.
4. yes - IF 1. you are friends with them already on the social networks you connect to Contactive, and/or 2. Contactive's database has connected that number to a specific social network account.
5. yes. If the caller doesnt exist in your address book, requests are sent to Contactive's database and third parties such as yelp, facebook, etc - all the different sources we use.

Iam totally agree with RUBIN110..Big concern is privacy .I'm not trying to discredit your app but App from Newyork ..,,,Whats About NSA?..Whats about U.S. and British government mass surveillance programs?
We're pretty sure if the NSA wanted any of the info we have, they can get it off of Facebook. LOL

I really like the look of the app and I want to use it, but I'm concerned about the privacy aspects.

Nope. We don't use or store it for anything other than to bolster our caller ID feature. We won't sell any of our information either.

Last edited:
Reactions: mbush78

mikew29

Mar 10, 2008
Looks cool. Any plans for a dark theme and integrating call block( damn telemarketers)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    - all positive comments

As the lowly intern, this is my understanding of how it works - from both asking a bunch of questions and sitting next to the dev guys everyday listening to what they talk about:
    You got it mostly correct.
    1. yes. The app saves your address book in Contactive's database and stores links (not info) to matching social network profiles. This info is NOT shared with 3rd party services.
    2. yes. The service builds up a database of the following: name, number, social network IDs
    3. yes. The info you see for a particular contact all depends on what info you can see if you were to visit that user's Facebook page. For example, if you are friends with Alex, all of the info you can normally see on Alex's Facebook will show up within Contactive. If you are NOT friends with Alex, only the info Alex has made public will be seen within Contactive.
    4. yes - IF 1. you are friends with them already on the social networks you connect to Contactive, and/or 2. Contactive's database has connected that number to a specific social network account.
    5. yes. If the caller doesnt exist in your address book, requests are sent to Contactive's database and third parties such as yelp, facebook, etc - all the different sources we use.

We're pretty sure if the NSA wanted any of the info we have, they can get it off of Facebook. LOL

Nope. We don't use or store it for anything other than to bolster our caller ID feature. We won't sell any of our information either.
    Are you able to add an option to silence the key press tone?

youre actually the second person today to ask about that. I'll bring it up to the dev team and report back.
    Another great addition would be an option to prioritise which service to get the contact picture from.
    Most of my contacts update their Facebook photo more regularly than Twitter or Linkedin.