Confused??? Note Pro 12.2 and Note Pro 10.1 & I just bought a Note 10.1 2014

Search This thread

reubenskelly1992

Nov 24, 2013
So what. It doesnt effect your product in anyway. You could get samsung who sell more but it doesnt mean the phone will be better does it. Htc are one of the quickest at uo updating. So as lng as there still about whats the problem

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

EliteMover79

Dec 4, 2013
I love my htc droid dna. I got it free in august and just got the update with sense 5. It is a great device, super fast, great gps and the battery life is decent. So I would seriously consider the HTC one. I was thinking about going with the iPhone because of the sound quality, but I looked at the droid dna with beats audio and absolutely love the sound quality. I don't care what people say about beats, it does make a difference in sound quality and ultimately the overall volume level of the device. I don't understand why htc is failing, there recent devices are rock solid. I guess people still want memory expansion and removable batteries.....

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app

Soryuu

Aug 17, 2012
Auckland
I like the LG G till I seen that crazy old school antenna built in. Lol

I do wish to add in that the LG G2 you must have seen is the Korean version. Most smartphones sold here, the Note 3 and S4 included, come with TV antennas.
I'm in South Korea right now and there are people watching TV on the subways and so on.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Lyric Kayden

Jan 7, 2014
Manhattan, KS
Well guys today I upgraded and I would like to share my story with you guys.

When I went to the store the first phones I walked over to were the HTC One Max and the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. The Note 3 was nice but again a small version of my tablet I have, the Note 10.1 2014. The One Max was just ignoramus, honestly I found the phone not practical for a phone. I couldn't imagine pulling that phone out of my pocket. Lol. The Note is almost as big but still with these two phones I'm thinking no way, not practical for me at least. I have my beautiful tablet and that's my entertainment, note taking and more. I need a phone with a beautiful display, great build quality, decent nice camera, sleek layout and great processor.

I had the S3 already and an S4 was not really an upgrade in my mind. I wanted something new, something different and something solid.

So I settled on the HTC One. I must say I love it and it's super super fast and beautifully well laid out with the layout, interface and externally. I don't think a person could get a Android phone that would come close to the iPhone like the HTC One phone does. Love it and it's amazing, fast, beautifully laid out built like a premium phone. It may not be 5 inches, it may not have a S Pen but that's what my Note 10.1 2014 is for. My One Max is well as great as the Note 3 but with a few minor differences. But those differences that the Note 3 have I feel are what belong on a tablet. Yeah the camera may only be 4 megapixels but 4 ultra megapixels. I can tell you this, those 4 ultra megapixels do a beautiful job and better than what I've seen from reviews online. Of course it's no iPhone 5s camera but just as sweet but the Note 3 camera isn't no iPhone 5s either but yeah you get my point.

All I gotta say is I love Samsung and I love my Note 10.1 2014 and would take no other tablet currently on the market for it but I wish Samsung would lay off the plastics a little. Of course it's cheaper, lighter and more but I'm not asking for a solid metal Samsung phone or tablet but something a little less plastic and a little more build quality. He'll give me carbon fiber. Lol.

Anyways that's my story and I'm happy with the outcome. Now I cross my fingers and pray it turns out to be a great experience. With Verizon I went with the Edge program so I wonder what will be on the market in 6 months?

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
This kind of makes me fell better about the N10.1-14's lifespan and likelihood of it getting the same s/w the newer Pro's and Note are getting. If a Note 10.1|Pro was indeed on the horizon they wouldn't be releasing the N10.1-14 on VZW, the largest wireless carrier in the U.S. If their intent was to leave Magazine UX off the N10.1-14 because of the button labeling issue and introduce a Note 10.1|Pro with Magazine UX and an updated button it would be given a different model number to aid their support staff in handling customer issues. The author's assuming an update to 4.4/Magazine UX but I don't know whether she's basing that on fact or an assumption on her part. Regardless, that the N10.1-14 is continuing to be deployed in new iterations with the same model number is kind of reassuring about its longevity.

2014 Edition Galaxy Note 10.1 spotted at the FCC carrying Verizon’s 4G LTE bands
Posted on Jan 10 2014 - 8:30am by Valerie Richardson

The 2014 Edition Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 might have taken a backseat with the arrival of the Galaxy NotePRO and the three Galaxy TabPRO tablets, but it’s certainly not going to be forgotten for long. A new FCC listing has now revealed the tablet’s arrival through Verizon Wireless in the U.S., complete with 4G LTE bands supported by the carrier.

The Galaxy Note 10.1 which broke cover in September during the IFA event is certainly a tablet worth considering as it features pretty much the same hardware as the newly announced Galaxy NotePRO (except for the size) down to every detail. This is merely an FCC listing, so there’s no official word on when the tablet will officially hit Verizon, but we’re guessing an announcement will take place in the coming weeks, possibly during the MWC.

This is clearly one of the best tablets in the market today which will get even better once Samsung rolls out the Android 4.4 update with the new TouchWiz and the Magazine UX. Expect the tablet to cost somewhere close to $600 off contract, which is the price of the Wi-Fi variant currently sold by Samsung, so it’s certainly not going to be easy on your wallets.

http://thedroidguy.com/2014/01/2014...ng-verizons-4g-lte-bands/#lqY9fx8KIg3w7Rid.99

Lyric Kayden

Jan 7, 2014
Manhattan, KS
This kind of makes me fell better about the N10.1-14's lifespan and likelihood of it getting the same s/w the newer Pro's and Note are getting. If a Note 10.1|Pro was indeed on the horizon they wouldn't be releasing the N10.1-14 on VZW, the largest wireless carrier in the U.S. If their intent was to leave Magazine UX off the N10.1-14 because of the button labeling issue and introduce a Note 10.1|Pro with Magazine UX and an updated button it would be given a different model number to aid their support staff in handling customer issues. The author's assuming an update to 4.4/Magazine UX but I don't know whether she's basing that on fact or an assumption on her part. Regardless, that the N10.1-14 is continuing to be deployed in new iterations with the same model number is kind of reassuring about its longevity.

2014 Edition Galaxy Note 10.1 spotted at the FCC carrying Verizon’s 4G LTE bands

The 2014 Edition Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 might have taken a backseat with the arrival of the Galaxy NotePRO and the three Galaxy TabPRO tablets, but it’s certainly not going to be forgotten for long. A new FCC listing has now revealed the tablet’s arrival through Verizon Wireless in the U.S., complete with 4G LTE bands supported by the carrier.

The Galaxy Note 10.1 which broke cover in September during the IFA event is certainly a tablet worth considering as it features pretty much the same hardware as the newly announced Galaxy NotePRO (except for the size) down to every detail. This is merely an FCC listing, so there’s no official word on when the tablet will officially hit Verizon, but we’re guessing an announcement will take place in the coming weeks, possibly during the MWC.

This is clearly one of the best tablets in the market today which will get even better once Samsung rolls out the Android 4.4 update with the new TouchWiz and the Magazine UX. Expect the tablet to cost somewhere close to $600 off contract, which is the price of the Wi-Fi variant currently sold by Samsung, so it’s certainly not going to be easy on your wallets.

http://thedroidguy.com/2014/01/2014...ng-verizons-4g-lte-bands/#lqY9fx8KIg3w7Rid.99

This is great news to read, Thanks for the information.

So bad news. I started having issues with the HTC One and started to notice build quality wasn't up to what it should be. I took the phone back and they gave me hell so I exchanged it for the Note 3 because it was the best I guess besides the HTC. I didn't care for anything else. I like it a lot but it feels weird to have the 10.1 2014 tablet. Lol. It's big. Lol.

QuantumPSI

Mar 31, 2009

Sigh, that's too bad. I really wanted the LTE version but the lack of information on its release date forced me to get the wifi version. And at $600 off contract, I would have had no problem... ah well, such is life. :crying:

lecorbusier

Nov 28, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S5
LG G6
There's two PNAs, Garmin Nuvi 3790 and its successor 3490, which I own.
They are identical in hardware, both still get updates, but the older one retains an outdated interface. Do it better, Samsung.

ElCamino

Feb 5, 2007
I checked out the Note Pro and the Tab Pro at CES 2014. The Tab Pro 8.4 has AT&T, so you should see it coming to AT&T. Also the 12.2 Note Pro just like everyone mentioned, has a stylus while the Tab Pro doesn't. They also had the new TouchWiz UI as well.

pu6u5yju.jpg

6yvumy9a.jpg

y7a3esup.jpg

agetyvar.jpg

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

Using the stylus on the Note Pro was great! You would think it would be a big device, but it's thin and light weight making great holding in your hand.

vuhetyqu.jpg

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
Sigh, that's too bad. I really wanted the LTE version but the lack of information on its release date forced me to get the wifi version. And at $600 off contract, I would have had no problem... ah well, such is life. :crying:

Consider yourself lucky. As a person who patiently waited for the original Verizon Galaxy Tab 10.1 for months after wifi release and then had to patiently wait for months after ICS update was released for wifi versions I can honestly say I don't ever want to own another Verizon based Galaxy Tab again. Being in the minority and hoping that someone will release custom ROMs that support your special variant sucks big time. If it weren't for Pershoot life with my P4VZW for the past 2 years would have been horrible.

sincerity

Dec 22, 2010
Consider yourself lucky. As a person who patiently waited for the original Verizon Galaxy Tab 10.1 for months after wifi release and then had to patiently wait for months after ICS update was released for wifi versions I can honestly say I don't ever want to own another Verizon based Galaxy Tab again. Being in the minority and hoping that someone will release custom ROMs that support your special variant sucks big time. If it weren't for Pershoot life with my P4VZW for the past 2 years would have been horrible.

same experience here...wouldn't do it over again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What's comical is that a lot if people were confused with the Samsung devices before CES, but now it's on another level haha.

I am going to buy the Samsung Galaxy Note Tab Mega Gear Pro Grand Active 9.71 pro
    So... is the Note 10.1 2014 going to from here on out or will it now be re branded as the Note Pro 10.1? Reason be is it has the same specs as the Note 12.2 basically and has the S Pen. BTW it is a 2014 edition. I mean you couldn't just bring out a new tablet for 2014 and wipe it aside for newer models.

Plus the tabs are being called the TabPro's so is the Note 10.1 2014 basically or will it also be known as the Note Pro 10.1? I'm thinking Samsung will probably just re box the Note 10.1 2014 with a box that says Note Pro 10.1 instead. Because basically same specs and S Pen. And again its the new 2014 model of the Note tablet and nothing really different.

To clarify all the confusion:

The Note 10.1 2014 will retain its name for now at least.
    The Note 12.2 Pro is exactly the same as the Note 10.1 2014 aside from the new software and the increased size.

The Tab series now has a Pro lineup, seeing as how you have
    -Tab 3 7.0, 8.0 and 10.1
    Which are all midrange/low-end.

The Tab Pro series, clearly focused on the high end, are
    -Tab Pro 8.4, 10.1 ad 12.2.

These all make up the new high-end tablet range from Samsung.
    Two Notes, the 10.1 2014 and the 12.2 Pro, and three Tab Pros.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Uh, did u even reat the article u linked to?
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 unveiled early
    what I don't understand is why are there two versions? just have a note pro X size and be done with it. the galaxy tab series from what I can see is the same without the stylus? It's not like if you don't want to use it the stylus hinders the experience. :confused: it's horribly and unnecessarily confusing to the average consumer.
    I checked out the Note Pro and the Tab Pro at CES 2014. The Tab Pro 8.4 has AT&T, so you should see it coming to AT&T. Also the 12.2 Note Pro just like everyone mentioned, has a stylus while the Tab Pro doesn't. They also had the new TouchWiz UI as well.

pu6u5yju.jpg

6yvumy9a.jpg

y7a3esup.jpg

agetyvar.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

Using the stylus on the Note Pro was great! You would think it would be a big device, but it's thin and light weight making great holding in your hand.

vuhetyqu.jpg