[Q] Unlocking Galaxy S4

Search This thread

riker147

Jul 11, 2011
NO. No, not right, NO. Wrong. Incorrect. Invalid. Incorrect. Input rejected.

Do I make myself clear?

I'm getting tired of repeating this, but THE SCH-I545 IS NOT SIM LOCKED. It is not locked. It does not need to be unlocked. What you are saying is wrong, incorrect, invalid, unnecessary. You don't need to unlock. You get it always unlocked. You don't need to unlock it. Nobody needs to do anything to unlock it. It's not locked.

Do you get my drift yet?

The Federal Communications Commission required that carriers getting access to the 4G spectrum not lock their phones, so phones like the VZ Galaxy S4 are not SIM locked. Any carrier's SIM will work.

Comments like yours send people down a time-wasting path. It isn't locked. Why spend time unlocking it?

Sooooooo............ What exactly are you trying to say? :what::p

Sent from my NCC-1701 using Tapatalk 4

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia

:laugh:

It's amazing to me some times that people refuse to understand. The OP is bound and determined to flash random incompatible ROMs to unlock something that's not locked in the first place. That's a first class ticket to brick-land.

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
:laugh:

It's amazing to me some times that people refuse to understand. The OP is bound and determined to flash random incompatible ROMs to unlock something that's not locked in the first place. That's a first class ticket to brick-land.

We can offer our warnings...In the end it will cost him money

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Welllll on the other hand I guess I learned what I know from bricking a few ones (before I was on XDA)
Luckily I never hard bricked though lol
There was a week or two back when I had the RAZR that it sat at home bricked.

Sent From My Verizon S4

vhgomez36

Dec 16, 2008

Sent from my NCC-1701 using Tapatalk 4

I confirm that none of Verizon 4g LTE phones are sim locked. I have 6 smartphones active with Verizon with the Galaxy S4 being one of them. I also have a T-Mobile plan that I use my Verizon Galaxy S4 with. All I had to do was add T-Mobiles APN Settings. You can go here to get the settings.http://www.4gtricks.com/2013/04/t-mobile-4g-apn-t-mobile-4g-apn-settings.html. There is know need to do anything else.

jamesd1085

Dec 6, 2012
Newark
I confirm that none of Verizon 4g LTE phones are sim locked. I have 6 smartphones active with Verizon with the Galaxy S4 being one of them. I also have a T-Mobile plan that I use my Verizon Galaxy S4 with. All I had to do was add T-Mobiles APN Settings. You can go here to get the settings.http://www.4gtricks.com/2013/04/t-mobile-4g-apn-t-mobile-4g-apn-settings.html. There is know need to do anything else.

If what ^^^this guy^^^ said don't work your imei\esn has been blacklisted and will not works on any network unless the bill and etf fees are paid to Verizon...no ifs ands or butts...and yes it is possible to change the imei but its very sketchy and very illegal

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Its killing me because i really want to use this phone. I tried entering my sim and apn stuff but nothing works.

I even called Tmobile and they said the sim card is fine, it could be Verizon blocking it. Which can be true because the first time I put in my sim, it was working and showed as tmobile but now it doesnt.

So should I flash a rom, would it work if i flash a Tmobile rom?

No, you can't flash a T-Mobile ROM. You really need to read this sticky thread to help understand what's possible.

As I said, there's lots of threads providing directions for getting the i545 running on T-Mobile. You can find them easily.. there is no need for yet another thread about this.
    If I'm not mistaken if the phone was paid off properly and is free from a contract then you should be able to walk into VZW and have them carrier unlock it for you. If he didn't pay off the phone then it's technically a phone with a bad esn and the first part of this post needs to be fulfilled.

NO. No, not right, NO. Wrong. Incorrect. Invalid. Incorrect. Input rejected.

Do I make myself clear?

I'm getting tired of repeating this, but THE SCH-I545 IS NOT SIM LOCKED. It is not locked. It does not need to be unlocked. What you are saying is wrong, incorrect, invalid, unnecessary. You don't need to unlock. You get it always unlocked. You don't need to unlock it. Nobody needs to do anything to unlock it. It's not locked.

Do you get my drift yet?

The Federal Communications Commission required that carriers getting access to the 4G spectrum not lock their phones, so phones like the VZ Galaxy S4 are not SIM locked. Any carrier's SIM will work.

Comments like yours send people down a time-wasting path. It isn't locked. Why spend time unlocking it?