[APP] [MOD] [22.06.2010] Rollemod v0.1 for Youtube v1.5.20 (Froyo fix)

Search This thread

rolle3k

Feb 6, 2010
dein Vater
Features:

• Force HQ Videos
  • Download Videos

Active downloads can be viewed by pressing Menu at the main youtube screen, then click on Misc and select Downloads. Save folder can be edited in the Rollemod Settings (also select Misc in Menu).

To download videos, simply press menu while you're in the player - select misc and press "Download Video". A dialog will pop up allowing you to chose the quality of the video of your desire.

I am planning on adding more features. But this should do it for now.

Credits:

• Brut.all - for creating apktool and helping me getting started
  • Google - for creating the Youtube app

Download:
Eclair: http://ul.to/bmlept
Experimental Froyo Version: http://ul.to/zp90cg

Installation:

Either install the modification by using ADB by entering the following:
adb install youtube-21rolle.apk

Or put it on your SDCard and install it with the package installer by opening it with a file manager.

Known issues:
- Restarting a download doesn't work proper.

Planned features:
would it be possible for you to mod it so that it continues to stream and play the video in the background even when u press the home screen or back button?

make it some how "more" like the web youtube where u can press play and press pause and allow it to download while you do something else

Last edited:

rolle3k

Feb 6, 2010
dein Vater
Re: [APPMOD][22.06.2010] Rollemod v0.1 for Youtube v.1.5.20

Froyo will be supported once its released because i will have to modify its youtube app.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Brut.all

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2009
Can we be sure it's the final one..?

No, but it works on current Froyos, so there shouldn't be a problem to create your mod for people using Froyo already.

EDIT:
But I understand that modding of YouTube may be hard cause of obfuscation, so you just don't wanna work with too many versions of it.

D

Deleted member 2398568

Google does not update the Youtube.apk that often, I'm pretty sure it's final, or at least close to final. We onlt had 2 Youtube.apks during éclair's lifecycle... we have Froyo's Youtubr.apk... unodexed by default.

I think it's doable, and it is why wait? Thanks for your work, though!
just my 2c

Sent from my Acer Liquid running Froyo (FRF72 port by me ;)).

rolle3k

Feb 6, 2010
dein Vater
Aight, I fixed the 2.1 App to work with Froyo, I am still testing it. Going to release it in a few, if everything works flawlessly..

PeRRiiN

Apr 5, 2010
CA
First of all, i love your app and it works great so far on froyo on my nexus one :)

I just have one question though...
After installing this app, can i delete the other (the official) youtube app from my phone?? or does this app/mod relies on the official youtube app to function correctly?

Last edited:

rolle3k

Feb 6, 2010
dein Vater
First of all, i love your app and it works great so far on froyo on my nexus one :)

I just have one question though...
After installing this app, can i delete the other (the official) youtube app from my phone?? or does this app/mod relies on the official youtube app to function correctly?

You can uninstall it, however you need root to do this.

PhantomRampage

May 13, 2008
Sweet!

Is it possible to make it so that it keeps what you've streamed/buffered in memory while still watching the video?

Like, sometimes i cant hear something clearly or missed something in the video so i drag the bar back but it has to re-buffer when i do that -__- it would be nice if it kept it in memory temporarily so it would just play smooth instead of having to start downloading all over again when i rewind

NykoNako

Jun 14, 2010
Can someone repost on a different site; I'm having trouble getting either of the versions... plzNthx