*TrackMe* GPS/CellID Tracking tool for Google Earth & Google Maps

Search This thread

turtle2472

Feb 16, 2006
Tidewater Va
Well, I finally gave in a moved to the iPhone 4S. I'm really hoping this comes to the iPhone as the guys said it would... Until then, I'll just tether my Tilt2 to it for the times I really want my track data and go from there.

Thanks for all your hard work LEM, I appreciated it and still do. :)

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
Well, I finally gave in a moved to the iPhone 4S. I'm really hoping this comes to the iPhone as the guys said it would... Until then, I'll just tether my Tilt2 to it for the times I really want my track data and go from there.

Thanks for all your hard work LEM, I appreciated it and still do. :)

So you moved to the dark side..uh? ;)
Regarding the iPhone version I don't know anything yet. As you know I am not involved on it.

I would like to release the Android version in a couple of weeks. It will not have all the features yet though.

I hope we can see you around one day in the future! Thanks for all your help when developing TrackMe for WM.

xda-kungfu

Apr 29, 2009
I would like to release the Android version in a couple of weeks. It will not have all the features yet though.

This is excellent news. I have moved to Android simply for the morse code keyboard but still carry WM for TrackMe (uploading to my own server)
If a version was eventually available for Android with the same features then :cool:

mousi

Oct 4, 2007
Can't wait for the android version :) Trackme is one of the only two apps that I miss since I moved to android. The other one is iGO 8.3

Reactions: _LEM_

turtle2472

Feb 16, 2006
Tidewater Va
So you moved to the dark side..uh? ;)
Regarding the iPhone version I don't know anything yet. As you know I am not involved on it.

I hope we can see you around one day in the future! Thanks for all your help when developing TrackMe for WM.

The Dark Side, yeah I did. For me the hacking of phones got bland and lost value. WP7 didn't do it for me and Android would have been too much work. I guess you could say I got lazy and don't want to "play" with my phone as much.

I still would likely get your Android version though. Still thinking of getting an Android phone as a beater. Maybe even put it back on my Tilt2...

It was truly my pleasure to help out as much as I could. I still will help as much as I can if ever the guys working on the iPhone version work with me. :p

peeping_Tom

Oct 30, 2011
Hi. I am new in trackme.
I am interested to use my own server. What kind of license is trackme server? Can I modify it for hobby non commercial project?

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
Hi. I am new in trackme.
I am interested to use my own server. What kind of license is trackme server? Can I modify it for hobby non commercial project?

Hi. Yes, you can make any modifications as long as you don't use it for commercial purposes.

By the way, if you plan to make improvements, fixing problems or adding new features you can always share it with the community!

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
The new version for Android will be released next week. I am in the testing process now. As you can imagine it doesn't have all the features from the original TrackMe for WM yet, but if you guys keep interested I will plan to add them all.

I will create a new post in the Android development forum once it gets released.

You can also follow TrackMe on twitter

Reactions: lemassykoi

websurf

Jul 24, 2008
The new version for Android will be released next week. I am in the testing process now. As you can imagine it doesn't have all the features from the original TrackMe for WM yet, but if you guys keep interested I will plan to add them all.

I will create a new post in the Android development forum once it gets released.

You can also follow TrackMe on twitter

LEM
regarding to Trackme for WM. Can you add the logging feature to it? The program is already running in the back ground and monitoring the location by the mean of GPS. Can you also make it to monitor call and SMS as well by logging all incoming and outgoing of call and SMS to a text file or something in that nature?
Thank you very much a fantastic software.

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
LEM
regarding to Trackme for WM. Can you add the logging feature to it? The program is already running in the back ground and monitoring the location by the mean of GPS. Can you also make it to monitor call and SMS as well by logging all incoming and outgoing of call and SMS to a text file or something in that nature?
Thank you very much a fantastic software.

Hi websurf,

I'm afraid that the Windows Mobile 6.5 version won't be updated for a while... I'm focused on the Windows Phone and Android version and that's really taking all my time now! Thanks for your suggestion though.

mira.minkova

Apr 27, 2011
Awsome!

Awesome work, LEM! Thanks for all the effort! :)

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

I read some of the pages on this thread which discuss this issue but still I cannot find out -

why can I not filter by date, maybe I am doing something wrong.

I change the dates and then what do I press? whichever of the buttons I click, they revert back to the old dates and I see the whole trip....

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
Awesome work, LEM! Thanks for all the effort! :)

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

I read some of the pages on this thread which discuss this issue but still I cannot find out -

why can I not filter by date, maybe I am doing something wrong.

I change the dates and then what do I press? whichever of the buttons I click, they revert back to the old dates and I see the whole trip....

Hi Mira

I just tried and it seems to work ok. Does the calendar show up? Does the date/time change in the text boxes?
Basically when you have the time you want, you click on the X to close the pop up calendar and then click on Show to display the track.

mr.bryce

Dec 25, 2008
i recently came back to using this app on my windows mobile 6.5 phone

i forgot my username and password from 2008-2009, all my tracking was stored on luis's server. i wish there had been a regular email password recovery procedure.

would it be possible to extract the data to a KML file saved locally ? why does it have to be uploaded to a website ?

it would be way more convenient for me to just backup kml files, rather than setup a website and the associated port forwarding on my computer.

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
i recently came back to using this app on my windows mobile 6.5 phone

i forgot my username and password from 2008-2009, all my tracking was stored on luis's server. i wish there had been a regular email password recovery procedure.

would it be possible to extract the data to a KML file saved locally ? why does it have to be uploaded to a website ?

it would be way more convenient for me to just backup kml files, rather than setup a website and the associated port forwarding on my computer.

If you give me your username I can try to generate a new password for you. You can send me your info to the email that appears here:
http://luisespinosa.com/contact_eng.html

On the WM version there is an option to export the KML locally.
Here it is:
02-2_tm_tools_exportgpspositions.png

Hope that works for you.

Reactions: mr.bryce

mr.bryce

Dec 25, 2008
LEM you re a life savior tkvm!

i had tried that local export but it said error creating remote kml file: an error message is available etc...

i had checked the faq and installed the .net messages and tried again.

that time the error was "error creating kml file: retry in 167sec"

--;

i searched on the sdcard, documents, and program files\trackme folders, no kml file to be found. i just assumed it didnt work that way.

what am i doing wrong ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That would be amazing if an android version was produced!

I've been using the windows mobile version on my old phone for a charity bike ride we do across Europe every year, and it really does work a treat! It would be great if I only had to take one phone..

Thanks for your help, and if you need any assistance testing it....

Android version is looking good so far. I have been able to read from the GPS and upload the data to the server.
    Now I need to work in the offline mode, user settings and interface.
    Hopefully I will have something soon!
    ANDROID VERSION NOW AVAILABLE!!

I just published it in the marketplace. Not sure when it will show up.
    I also created a post in the Android forums. Please use that thread from now on.
    Here is the link

I hope people like it...
    Any news about Android version? This is only program that I miss at windows mobile.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

I'm probably getting the phone this week. Hopefully I will start working on it the next one.
    +1 For an Android version.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

Well..then I have good news for you! :)

The company that acquired TrackMe for WM has asked me to write a version for Android so I will start working on this in the next few weeks! :cool:

By the way, the interest for the WP7 is growing so I plan to release a new update soon too.
    Hi! Thank you for the new release of W7 App TrackMe. I'm still with my old TP2 phone and use WM 6.5 I think to switch with Android soon, do you plan to make an Android version ?

Have a good day!

JmCourir