How to Root Motorola Droid Pro

Search This thread

ddarvish

Dec 20, 2009
i keep running it on my gf's droid pro and it just keeps crashing. never works... any alternative methods using adb?

jonkranked

Dec 15, 2010
Correct. It's doesn't work after the latest update. I used aRoot, and it worked perfectly. A lot of people have reported SuperOneClick working too.

do you know if either method is compatible with 2.3/Gingerbread? It started rolling out (albeit in small scale) today for the droid pro. i figure its too soon to know for sure, but wouldn't hurt to ask

sandman_nyc_316

Apr 7, 2010
HP Touchpad
do you know if either method is compatible with 2.3/Gingerbread? It started rolling out (albeit in small scale) today for the droid pro. i figure its too soon to know for sure, but wouldn't hurt to ask

Someone will take the plunge and try it here I am sure. Would like to know the answer as well. Soooo many apps on the Pro that I would like to get rid of for my wife. ;)

bsweetness

Mar 27, 2009

I haven't received the update yet myself, so I'm not sure. I'd be inclined to think that it probably won't work. Maybe something like Gingerbreak will. I've seen around various forums where several Pro users have received the update, but none of them are trying to see if currently available means will root it yet.

sandman_nyc_316

Apr 7, 2010
HP Touchpad
I haven't received the update yet myself, so I'm not sure. I'd be inclined to think that it probably won't work. Maybe something like Gingerbreak will. I've seen around various forums where several Pro users have received the update, but none of them are trying to see if currently available means will root it yet.

I think a lot of people (myself included) are unsure of the consequences yet. It's my wife's phone so I wouldn't take a chance on messing it up since she also uses it for work. Trust me if it were my phone it would definitely be tested right about now. ;) I'll keep looking around to see what some other people's results are and report back.

Oh and FYI she did receive update early yesterday.

bsweetness

Mar 27, 2009
I think a lot of people (myself included) are unsure of the consequences yet. It's my wife's phone so I wouldn't take a chance on messing it up since she also uses it for work. Trust me if it were my phone it would definitely be tested right about now. ;) I'll keep looking around to see what some other people's results are and report back.

Oh and FYI she did receive update early yesterday.

Trying to use Gingerbreak or SuperOneClick shouldn't mess up anything at all. If it works, it works. If it doesn't, the rooting process should just fail and that's it.