[Daydream][4.0+] Lucid - DayDream Screensaver

Search This thread

j4velin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 29, 2008
j4velin.de
As I couldn't find any Daydream for my finally arrived Nexus 7 Dock which fulfills all my needs, I started developing my own one. I'm quite happy with the result and present you:
Lucid - DayDream Screensaver

The main screen of the screensaver is the clock view, which you can see in the 1st attached screenshot. Besides the moving clock & date it can also show:
  • battery level
  • weather
  • unread GMails
  • missed calls
  • new SMS texts
  • next alarm

Also, you get buttons at the bottom to:
  • toggle night-mode (dim the screen)
  • start RSS view (3rd screenshot)
  • start Slideshow view
  • play/pause music (not every music app is supported)

You can change nearly every color/text size from the configuration screen. On Android 4.2, you'll find the Daydream in the Android settings app -> Display -> Daydream. For older versions, there is a launcher icon in your app drawer and the app can automatically start when the device is connected to a power source or placed in a dock.

The app comes as a trial version, in which the use of the daydream is limited to 30 minutes. You can purchase the full version from an in-app option for a fair 0.50 EUR / 0.99 USD.

Download: Play Store

The screensaver should work with every 4.0+ device, however I could only test it on my Nexus 4 & 7. So if you have any issues, let me know :)

XDA:DevDB Information
Lucid - Daydream, App for the Paid Software Discussion

Contributors
j4velin

Version Information

Created 2014-11-06
Last Updated 2014-11-06

Attachments

• device-2013-03-21-182317.jpg
    device-2013-03-21-182317.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 6,552
  • device-2013-03-21-180238.jpg
    device-2013-03-21-180238.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 6,210
  • device-2013-03-21-132428.jpg
    device-2013-03-21-132428.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 6,013
Last edited:

gregferns

Sep 19, 2009
Mumbai
Xiaomi Poco F1
OnePlus Nord
Hi j4velin,

I purchased your app.

Just 2 things :

When i purchase, the only thing that changed is "Purchase App" disappeared.
Is this correct / ok ?

Secondly, if i want to change date format, can i make it into
dd.MMM, YYYY or something like that ?

thanks
greg

j4velin

Sep 29, 2008
j4velin.de
Is this correct / ok ?
it also removed the 30 min limit on the daydream, but that's currently all. and i'll maybe implement some premium-only features in the future

yes, but use small "y" for the year. you can find all available identifiers here: http://developer.android.com/reference/java/text/SimpleDateFormat.html

Kurupt1

Jun 25, 2010
Los Angeles
Great work will be awesome for my gnote 10.1 thanks for the hard work.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

spaceman860

Jan 11, 2012
Can you add option to add color to the modules and be able to use custom background img

Edit also when phone has finished charging it stops daydream doesn't happen with other daydream apps

Sent from my Nexus 4

Last edited:

tomasi02

Dec 19, 2011
new version - black screen

Hi,
just got update.
New feature "night-mode dims darker" is switching off display completely. (on nexus s - slcd display)
The same happens, when i want to go to the modules-Night_Mode
Please fix.

Last edited:

j4velin

Sep 29, 2008
j4velin.de
Hi,
just got update.
New feature "night-mode dims darker" is switching off display completely. (on nexus s - slcd display)
The same happens, when i want to go to the modules-Night_Mode
Please fix.
can you test the attached version? please also test to enable the "darken to 0%" checkbox, thanks

Last edited:

tomasi02

Dec 19, 2011
new apk

can i you test the attached version? please also test to enable the "darken to 0%" checkbox, thanks

Hi, thanks for the build.
- first good news. After installing new apk, When going to the modules - night mode, everything is working fine.
- now the bad news - when i selected checkbox (checkbox was hidden behind text darken to 0%" ), screen went off. Now i'm not able to disable checkbox ;-(. When i'm going again to the night mode plugin - screen is going off.

- how to delete application settings without loosing license data?

j4velin

Sep 29, 2008
j4velin.de
Hi, thanks for the build.
- first good news. After installing new apk, When going to the modules - night mode, everything is working fine.
- now the bad news - when i selected checkbox (checkbox was hidden behind text darken to 0%" ), screen went off. Now i'm not able to disable checkbox ;-(. When i'm going again to the night mode plugin - screen is going off.

- how to delete application settings without loosing license data?
okay, i'll change that again in the next version. you should be able to delete the apps data in the Android settings, it should restore your license automatically

edit: attached another version which gives you a 3 seconds countdown before actually turning the brightness to 0%

Last edited:
Reactions: tomasi02

tomasi02

Dec 19, 2011
okay, i'll change that again in the next version. you should be able to delete the apps data in the Android settings, it should restore your license automatically

edit: attached another version which gives you a 3 seconds countdown before actually turning the brightness to 0%

perfect. 3 seconds is quite short time.. but i can handle it.

Thanks very much for support.
T.

P.S. automatic dimming based on the light in Lux is nice feature. i like that.
P.S.S. When changing value of a Lux and i'll put 5.0 and after that delete, delete, delete (to have empty value). Application stops responding.

Last edited:

claytonjn

Nov 3, 2011
claytonjamesphotography.webs.com
I just started using this last night. One thing I noticed is that it doesn't seem to update notifications when they come in while the daydream is opened. It only shows the one's it knows about when launched. Is it just me? If not, is there any way to change this?

Evildave3

Dec 20, 2012
i recently purchased your app and I love it but is there any way you would be able to have lucid daydream set as default action when it is docked, currently when i dock my phone i get a "Complete action using" pop-up before you app starts. It would be great if you added this to your app, I've added a picture to show what pops up.

imgur.com/yZs1aZP

As i have less than 10 posts im unable to insert the image into the post

j4velin

Sep 29, 2008
j4velin.de
i recently purchased your app and I love it but is there any way you would be able to have lucid daydream set as default action when it is docked, currently when i dock my phone i get a "Complete action using" pop-up before you app starts. It would be great if you added this to your app, I've added a picture to show what pops up.
what Android version do you use? does Lucid actually start when you dock your device? have you rebooted once?

jakuburban

Jan 22, 2011
Great app but the cpu usage is always used to its maximum. Also I'm missing one function . I don't want my phone to be turned on while night so it would be great if You would add some options to disable Your app between set time.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

tomasi02

Dec 19, 2011
Hi,
another request from me. On Slcd display it's setting brightness on maximum when Daydream is activated.
Can it not change brightness?

j4velin

Sep 29, 2008
j4velin.de
Hi,
another request from me. On Slcd display it's setting brightness on maximum when Daydream is activated.
Can it not change brightness?
when not using the "night-mode", the app should set the display brightness to 10% if it's not already darker. when using the night mode you can set it to 0% on supported devices

nadimsoze

Jul 22, 2010
Johannesburg
Please disable lockscreen as in the android clock day dream. One of my primary uses is as a screen saver where I don't have to unlock I can just swipe the screen. Why would you need screen lock if it's on a charger/docked.

Thanks. Best daydream app so far. Worth the money

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

DonChino

Jun 2, 2013
Where is AM/PM?

So where exactly is the option for AM/PM? This is usually "t" or "tt" but I noticed that your App seems to have left this out, although not all of us are in the military NOR do we venture outside our "box" so we need to know if it is DAY or NIGHT without looking outside.

Can you please add this?

Thanks.

:fingers-crossed:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As I couldn't find any Daydream for my finally arrived Nexus 7 Dock which fulfills all my needs, I started developing my own one. I'm quite happy with the result and present you:
    Lucid - DayDream Screensaver

The main screen of the screensaver is the clock view, which you can see in the 1st attached screenshot. Besides the moving clock & date it can also show:
    • battery level
    • weather
    • unread GMails
    • missed calls
    • new SMS texts
    • next alarm

Also, you get buttons at the bottom to:
    • toggle night-mode (dim the screen)
    • start RSS view (3rd screenshot)
    • start Slideshow view
    • play/pause music (not every music app is supported)

You can change nearly every color/text size from the configuration screen. On Android 4.2, you'll find the Daydream in the Android settings app -> Display -> Daydream. For older versions, there is a launcher icon in your app drawer and the app can automatically start when the device is connected to a power source or placed in a dock.

The app comes as a trial version, in which the use of the daydream is limited to 30 minutes. You can purchase the full version from an in-app option for a fair 0.50 EUR / 0.99 USD.

Download: Play Store

The screensaver should work with every 4.0+ device, however I could only test it on my Nexus 4 & 7. So if you have any issues, let me know :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lucid - Daydream, App for the Paid Software Discussion

Contributors
    j4velin

Version Information

Created 2014-11-06
    Last Updated 2014-11-06
    I have used Lucid Daydream for many years every evening starting in 2013. About six months ago it stopped displaying weather (neither source displays at all, ever) and I've no RSS feed icon, it never showed at all. How can I restore the two functions? I'm using it on a Moto z4 running Android 10.
    Is this correct / ok ?
    it also removed the 30 min limit on the daydream, but that's currently all. and i'll maybe implement some premium-only features in the future

yes, but use small "y" for the year. you can find all available identifiers here: http://developer.android.com/reference/java/text/SimpleDateFormat.html
    It has started to freeze!
    display not rotating

I have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 9. I've noticed that in the preview the time rotates as you rotate the phone, but when the app activates the time ignores phone rotation. Auto-rotate screen is turned on.