Translate own Chinese apps to english

Search This thread

mrjoy

Aug 24, 2012
The Heaven Of Punjab
Hi to all. I'm trying to translate my chinese apk app to english language from long time but i'm unable to translate & tired. I looked for many guideness & translate articles but instead of it i'm failed. I just want to translate strings.xml, Arrays.xml file to my own english language. If here somebody kind person who can tranlsate my apk to english language. Please provide me the help. I tried with notepad ++ apps to edit strings.xml & seen black chinese words...i want if these black words could be possible to translate in one click instead of one by one. Plz help

SlackingVeteran

Mar 24, 2013
Hi to all. I'm trying to translate my chinese apk app to english language from long time but i'm unable to translate & tired. I looked for many guideness & translate articles but instead of it i'm failed. I just want to translate strings.xml, Arrays.xml file to my own english language. If here somebody kind person who can tranlsate my apk to english language. Please provide me the help. I tried with notepad ++ apps to edit strings.xml & seen black chinese words...i want if these black words could be possible to translate in one click instead of one by one. Plz help

As you said "I tried with notepad ++ apps to edit strings.xml & seen black chinese words" did you used the unicode english, if you are just using some fonts than that wont work. only if you use unicode english than that will work, as you said its your Chinese apk, so your computer must also be set in chinese language too, if this is the case you will need unicode english to translate, else you will get same black chinese words.. i hope i have helped you..

mrjoy

Aug 24, 2012
The Heaven Of Punjab
As you said "I tried with notepad ++ apps to edit strings.xml & seen black chinese words" did you used the unicode english, if you are just using some fonts than that wont work. only if you use unicode english than that will work, as you said its your Chinese apk, so your computer must also be set in chinese language too, if this is the case you will need unicode english to translate, else you will get same black chinese words.. i hope i have helped you..

Thanx for the response. You mean to set the notepad's language to chinese too or i have to set whole pc's language to chinese? And when & where to use unicode english if i have to set the pc's language to chinese??

SlackingVeteran

Mar 24, 2013
Thanx for the response. You mean to set the notepad's language to chinese too or i have to set whole pc's language to chinese? And when & where to use unicode english if i have to set the pc's language to chinese??

you have understood something wrong, i dont mean that your pc must me in chinese.. i was just saying that your pc might be set to chinese. if your computer is set to chinese than you should install english unicode to use while translating the string.xml. have you ever tried to view the xml file in chrome or ie. if you are using unicode than the translated words will look fine else the words will look different.. unicode is a computing industry standard for the consistent encoding which can be read and shown in the way it is written..

mrjoy

Aug 24, 2012
The Heaven Of Punjab
you have understood something wrong, i dont mean that your pc must me in chinese.. i was just saying that your pc might be set to chinese. if your computer is set to chinese than you should install english unicode to use while translating the string.xml. have you ever tried to view the xml file in chrome or ie. if you are using unicode than the translated words will look fine else the words will look different.. unicode is a computing industry standard for the consistent encoding which can be read and shown in the way it is written..

Mate one thing that you are telling me the exact right & easy way to translate whole string.xml words in one click but the point is to be understand properly....Could you plz tell me the steps one by one so that i can understand exactly... Mean let me tell 1st of all what i hv to do? Mean 1st i hv to install english unicode to control panel & fonts folder?

Last edited:

SlackingVeteran

Mar 24, 2013
Mate one thing that you are telling me the exact right & easy way to translate whole string.xml words in one click but the point is to be understand properly....Could plz tell me the steps one by one so that i can understand exactly... Mean let me tell 1st of all what i hv to do? Mean 1st i hv to install english unicode to comtrol panel & fonts folder?

First thing first: there is no easy one click app translation method, you have to translate strings one by one. i have attached one sample string.xml. check how is that working i have kept some untranslated parts too, but that not complete.

Second thing: have you tried to open the english translated string.xml in any browser, if the translated part are all ok( as it should be translated) than you have some other problem, if the translated things are not fine and you are getting black chinese word than read further below..

Third thing: its the case if the translated xml is not looking fine in browser. Go to Control Panel and then Region and Language, then go to keyboards and languages tab and add english language and make it default. than open your string.xml file and select one english font to write(better use the default notepad to edit), you can use Lucida Console font and there below also select script, use western as your script than make the translation one by one..

Fourth thing: Nothing!! I hope you have understood everything what i m trying to explain.

EDIT: Attachment file removed!!

Last edited:

mrjoy

Aug 24, 2012
The Heaven Of Punjab
First thing first: there is no easy one click app translation method, you have to translate strings one by one. i have attached one sample string.xml which is translated from english to nepali(just a sample). check how is that working i have kept some untranslated parts too, but that not complete.

Second thing: have you tried to open the english translated string.xml in any browser, if the translateed part are all ok( as it should be translated) than you have some other problem, if the translated things are not fine and you are getting black chinese word than read further below..

Third thing: its the case if the translated xml is not looking fine in browser. Go to Control Panel and then Region and Language, then go to keyboards and languages tab and add english language and make it default. than open your string.xml file and select one english font to write(better use the default notepad to edit), you can use Lucida Console font and there below also select script, use western as your script than make the translation one by one..

Fourth thing: Nothing!! I hope you have understood everything what i m trying to explain.

If there is need to translare strings one by one then its very tough for me. Bcoz i have lots of words to translate. You mean i hv to decode & encode the apk file after translate.... i have androidsuit x86.exe application for this.

SlackingVeteran

Mar 24, 2013
If there is need to translare strings one by one then its very tough for me. Bcoz i have lots of words to translate. You mean i hv to decode & encode the apk file after translate.... i have androidsuit x86.exe application for this.

I dont know much about that application. why are you decoding the apk, don't you have the source code? you said its your own app.

mrjoy

Aug 24, 2012
The Heaven Of Punjab
I dont know much about that application. why are you decoding the apk, don't you have the source code? you said its your own app.

If i decode then i will be able to get strings file from there... without decode how its possible to translate strings. My own app mean, i'm not developer as well as i have not created this app myself. I just meant that my particular apps which i wan to translate personally. How i can get the source code? What is the benefit of it?

mrjoy

Aug 24, 2012
The Heaven Of Punjab
I tried again with translate some words for checking but after put into device's system/app folder the app won't shows or giving FC. If possible i can upload the apk file, plz translate it for me. I'll highly thankful to you.

Yu_San

Nov 30, 2013
Beijing
I have translated some English apps to Chinese,I think you can upload the app,maybe someone can help you to do that.

Sent from my vivo X3t using Tapatalk

Yu_San

Nov 30, 2013
Beijing
oh its great bro. I'm so exited & waiting for your response.... Thanx so much

I translate the loose_System.apk,the other two have not.my English is not good,maybe some words are not very proper.and i don't have Samsung phone,some functions can not test.you can install and test it.

Attachments

• loose_System_Signed.apk
    478.7 KB · Views: 10

mrjoy

Aug 24, 2012
The Heaven Of Punjab
I translate the loose_System.apk,the other two have not.my English is not good,maybe some words are not very proper.and i don't have Samsung phone,some functions can not test.you can install and test it.

Thank you very much. If other tow have not translated then its ok. The most important was loose_system.apk. But i have to test it. I'm going to test it & will be tell you

mrjoy

Aug 24, 2012
The Heaven Of Punjab

very very great... Bro i tested & it works. Bro in future the same apk file may i have to change tranlsation again according to new version. But i was failed to translate. Were we doing with same way? I mean if you can guide me how you have translated apk file, so that on new version i can translate the apk file again otherwise i will send you the apk file again:) Thank u so much, love u