[FIX] Wake Issue (Android OS) - Combination of Radio/PRI/NV/Wimax/GPS !Solved!

Search This thread

JBabey

Jun 2, 2006
Los Angeles
nowake.png

Thread has shed some light on new issues and some other fantastic developers have chimed in with a lot more insight into this issue than I had originally anticipated when I started this thread. Please read the below post in FULL, and skip to page 31 for where this discussion picks up. ~> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1128135&page=31

First I would like the thank the OP for bringing some attention to the issue. This thread seems to have started going in the wrong direction so I will make an attempt to clear some things up and shed some light on the situation with my findings. In my tests so far I cannot really find a combination of radios and pri to solve any of the problems mentioned in this thread. All my findings are using and testing aosp roms. Cm7 really but most aosp roms are based off of cm so this post should be helpful if you use an aosp rom and are having a unreleased pokelock caused by the dialer and/or high android system in the battery usage after phone calls. If you use a sense rom I do not recommend any of these fixes for you. If you use these on a sense rom you will probably mess something up and/or experience boot loops and lots of other problems. That being said lets get started:
Problem 1: The pokelock not being released after a phone call is made or received. This problem comes from the phone app and not the radios as far as I can tell from my tests.
Solution: http://www.mediafire.com/?xzw0zhonmnjw1xs
This file is a flashable zip of a new phone app that releases the wakelock after making a phone call the way its supposed to. I take no credit for this new phone app. It was made by Scott Brady (The same dev that fixed the mms problems on the evo in the cm nightlies about a month ago). I just got this from him. We haven't thoroughly tested it yet so please FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK. Make a nandroid. I will say this though. In my current tests I have made about 40 calls with no pokelock and it seems to work wonderfully. The only reason I'm posting it early is because if you're like me and you know something is wrong then you want an immediate fix. Also using the killall command in terminal emulator or adb after every call can get tiresome... I have also tested with multiple radios In case anyone was wondering.
Problem 2: Android system spikes in the battery use in settings after a phone call is made or received.
Solution: I'm close but not finished yet...
Please read what I am about to say all the way through. What I have found is that the current proximity drivers for the evo are causing the android system in the battery use to go bonkers. I'm not really sure how much it affects your battery because it seems that it causes all your apps to not even show up in your battery stats. Proof? I have supplied two files in a zip:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mxks9k60shlckk5
THIS IS NOT A FLASHABLE ZIP. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. One file is "sensors.supersonic.so" where I edited it so that android cannot find the drivers for your proximity sensor so it never comes on. The second file is "sensors.supersonic.so.bak" which is a backup of the original .so file that you can use if you want to turn your proximity back on. When I edited my sensors.supersonic.so file so the proximity wouldn't come on android system no longer spiked in my battery stats after a phone call!!! Also I tried to add a command to the build.prop first to disable the proximity sensor which would have been better practice but the command didn't work. Not sure if that's because cm overrides it or what. I can pretty much guarantee that this is an aosp problem and not a sense problem so if you use a sense rom you don't even need to worry about this. I doubt HTC has faulty proximity drivers on a stock rom... I could be wrong but I doubt it, they have screwed up in the past...
So what now? Well if you're on an aosp rom and the current proximity drivers work for you then you know what they say, "If it ain't broke don't try to fix it." For the rest of us I am in the process of trying to find some proximity drivers that don't make battery stats go haywire. Lets try to keep the thread relevant to findings so that we as a community can come closer to a fix instead of all the repetitive questions and things that don't help us get closer to a true fix... Don't forget the thanks button if you found this useful =P
Thanks for your time.

Edit: I would also like to add that I am on the most current radios, nv, and pri with no wakelock or spike in my android stats. And If you flashed the combo from the Calkulin thread you are probably missing the newest NV file because its not in there.

I have left the previous OP in-tact so if you would like to follow from the beginning you may. At this time, I can no longer recommend the below steps!!!, but I can still let you know that the GPS driver files below are pretty damned awesome.

~J

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I believe I have FINALLY figured out how to solve the infamous "Wake-Lock" or "Keep Awake" of Android OS that seems to drain the battery on end. It took several hours of reading forum posts, several DAYS of testing on 5 different EVO's (I work at Sprint) and have tested the fix across a multitude of ROM's, including Sense.

I will post a short history of the issue as I know it here for those of you hitting this thread for the first time, skip below for the solution I have found.

Requirements:
-Radio S-OFF
-AmonRA Custom Recovery
-Android System always at or near the top in your battery usage

History
To the best of my knowledge the issue first started to appear in AOSP ROMS when the Cyanogen team stopped using HTC Blobs to control the driver for the GPS, As a great many custom roms utilize cyanogen for many of their own enhancements and fixes the problem began to propagate out to the community at an alarming rate. Restoring your system back was a hit or miss on if it actually solved the issue or not, and more RADIO files were getting leaked/posted online and many people were flashing a multitude of firmwares to their handset making the issue confusing and seemingly with no correlation on handsets with the people having issues.

I came across ViRuS Kingdom ROM and read about 1000 pages of posts and the conclusion from their team was that the PRI needed to be downgraded to 1.77 and behold, it worked......(mostly)......

I wondered how the PRI had anything to do with the fix, and mixed that with many, many other forums I have read on the issue realized myself that there was a correlative cause and that we all did indeed have something in common. Everyone was on a different radio/pri/nv/wimax combination. I decided to run some tests myself as I have access to ****loads of handsets being a Sprint employee and here is what I have found.

I have found exactly 1 combination that has fixed the issue on every single handset I have tried it on, hands down across the board on a great cross-section of ROMS.
-Cyanogen
-Kingdom
-MIUI
-SavagedZen
-Synergy
-Mik's
-Sense 3.7 build
-Sense 4.22 build
-FreshEVO 3.5
-FreshEVO 4.1

THE FIX!
The fix is a combination of...
Radio: 2.15.00.05.02
PRI: 1.77_003
NV: 1.90_003
WiMAX: 27243
GPS: HTC VISION GPS ".so" file

-Download the below PC36IMG.zip It is a custom Combo Radio installation I created that will set your Radio/Pri/NV/WiMAX to the above settings

-Move the PC36IMG.zip file to the root of your SD-Card and reboot the phone into bootloader. It will load the file and prompt you for an update, you will see on the left 3 items that will be upgraded on your handset. Hit volume up to accept

-Reboot the phone after the Radio update, go ahead and remove the PC36IMG.zip file from the sd-card and put it in a safe place

-Download "GPS_FIX_Flashable_Vision.zip" and put on your SD-Card

-Reboot into Recovery (I highly recommend AmonRA 2.3)

-Wipe Cache & Dalvik Cache. Now wipe them again just to be safe

-Choose "Install zip file from SDCard"

-Navigate to GPS_FIX_Flashable_Vision.zip and choose install

-Once installed go down to "Other" and "Fix UID mismatches"

-Reboot the phone

Now heres the weird and tricky part so listen closely. At this time you will still see the Android System in your battery stats. This is normal. To see the fix, you need to charge your phone fully to 100%.... and honestly give it an extra 10-15m on the charger after it says its full. Now..... REBOOT the phone when you pull it off the charger. Use the phone a little bit, make a phone call... it may still pop up around 5%.... again this is normal..... after 2-3 hours however it will be gone, completely and utterly gone... it will never show up again.

I have tested this on 5 handsets hardware revision 0002 0003 & 0004, and about 6-7 ROMS both AOSP & Sense and have yet to see Android OS re-appear. This is not to say that it will work for everyone, but I think that after my testing, there's an excellent chance that this will work for you.

Please leave feedback if this works or does not work for you please so that everyone can benefit from your experience, either good or bad. Please, please please, follow the final instructions carefully, it does literally take a few hours to test and get the old stat to wipe from the battery history, that is why I started this, literally 2 weeks ago, and am just posting now. I tried TONS of combination's and this is the one that struck gold, then I needed to test this combination on all of the phones I had sitting in the back for this. If mirrors are needed please let me know, and I will upload.

Good Luck!

PC36IMG.zip

http://www.multiupload.com/HJOWHOLW4G

Qualcomm Vision GPS Driver
Sense GPS Driver File from Qualcomm Vision
http://www.multiupload.com/11IWQ99VKH

EDIT:
A few reports on certain ROMS of excessive CPU usage after Android OS has dropped off the list
Please use one of the two below GPS drivers if you experience 100% CPU usage (Source: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1132412 )

~>AOSP<~
CyanogenMOD 7 Nightly 39 GPS Driver (HTC Blob File Compiled)
http://www.multiupload.com/NIJEKWGDEQ

~>SENSE<~
KingdomROM GPS Driver FIX
Sense GPS Driver File from EVO 3D aka "Kingdom"
http://www.multiupload.com/ZMOXSDJBOE

EDIT: It has come to my attention from a few members in PM, that the issue doesn't always "take" right away. People have reported that it can take 2 or 3 attempts, and 9 different people have reported that they have run the 1.77_003 NV after flashing the radio, and then running the GPS to resolve the issue.

---------------If the above fails for you after a 2nd attempt. Please follow these Modified Instructions

-Download the below PC36IMG.zip It is a custom Combo Radio installation I created that will set your Radio/Pri/NV/WiMAX to the above settings

-Move the PC36IMG.zip file to the root of your SD-Card and reboot the phone into bootloader. It will load the file and prompt you for an update, you will see on the left 3 items that will be upgraded on your handset. Hit volume up to accept

-Reboot the phone after the Radio update, go ahead and remove the PC36IMG.zip file from the sd-card and put it in a safe place

--MODIFIED STEP-- Download "EVO_NV_1.77_003" ~> http://www.mediafire.com/file/i1p436188iw0iqb/EVO_NV_1.77_003.zip (source: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=715485) & put the file on your SD-Card

--MODIFIED STEP-- Navigate to EVO_NV_1.77_003.zip and choose install, once installed you will see a note at the bottom to reboot the phone. Choose the "Reboot Phone" option in AmonRA and let the phone reboot

-You will see the screen blink, go into recovery and hang, this is completely normal, just wait about 30 seconds and the phone will Automatically put you back into your recovery

-Choose option Flash zip file from SD-Card

-Reboot the phone

Pickup the rest of the steps from above. PLEASE REPORT back your experience!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Last edited:

shakuyi

Apr 3, 2007
encino
wow sounds like it could work but im too busy with work...hopefully this thread will get more people to try this fix and see if it works for them....my fingers are definitely crossed!

dgrobe2112

Mar 30, 2010
thanks for this.. i will try it out.. i currently allready have the 1.77 on my phone.. dont know bout the radios.. last time i tried to flash radios i had net closing issues..

JBabey

Jun 2, 2006
Los Angeles
thanks for this.. i will try it out.. i currently allready have the 1.77 on my phone.. dont know bout the radios.. last time i tried to flash radios i had net closing issues..

I have had issues like this as well, but only when I do the radio's through the recovery partition. That is why I enclosed it as a PC36IMG.zip file so that it could be done by the "official" HTC update method. I have had no issues doing it this way. Good luck, looking forward to hearing that your issue is resolved.

dgrobe2112

Mar 30, 2010
I have had issues like this as well, but only when I do the radio's through the recovery partition. That is why I enclosed it as a PC36IMG.zip file so that it could be done by the "official" HTC update method. I have had no issues doing it this way. Good luck, looking forward to hearing that your issue is resolved.

i dont have to reflash my rom do i?

JBabey

Jun 2, 2006
Los Angeles
Fails to install Can't find update script... any ideas??

CM7.0.3.1

Use AmonRA, the update script is not in EDIFY (I may have to fix that later)

downloading now, should i clear battery stats?

You shouldn't need to. If you are clearing your battery stats, do that for the reasons its intended, and make sure you follow the top off/drain instructions when doing so or it could lead to false readings.
i dont have to reflash my rom do i?

No, you are only updating your radio and thus will not lose your data or have to reflash your ROM. Please remember to follow the short instructions at the end for charging/reboot/2 hours before reporting back here please.

JBabey

Jun 2, 2006
Los Angeles

I re-uploaded the zip file, please redownload and lemme know if this one works for you.

Thanks!

might give this a shot later, don't have high android OS, but might be interesting none the less

If it aint broke..... lol (granted this will put you on the latest radio)

And.. I have found my GPS locks to be instantaneous on this driver.

flash the virus gps fix even if your not on the kingdom rom ?

I personally use CyanogenMOD Nightly 100 at the moment and it works like gangbusters on this ROM.

Last edited:

MizzouBrent

Feb 19, 2011
Olathe, KS
What is acceptable for Android System usage? I'm at 23% right now and it's third on my list behind Cell Standby and Phone Idle. Is 23% high? I know I've seen it higher before. I am interested to hear more feedback on this fix.

GIGZ1971

Apr 9, 2009
CLEVELAND
www.gigabyteinc.com
That's not even the problem for me, I'm on hardware 4 and with any of the 2.3.3 Roms the highest thing draining my battery is the display any ideas on how to reduce that. It's between 50%-right now at 86%. I have turned off auto display and notifications. Thanks in advance for any help.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

A1Lonestar

Apr 2, 2011
I had major issues with bat life and wake (android system) after flashing calkulins radiosfrom the ota 4.2.2 release. I downgraded radios to
Baseband 11.19
Pri 1.77
NV 1.77
Wimax 27167

Still have issues though. Is it safe to flash radios that many times. I have heard it can scree stuff up so should I flash your combo. Also my GPS works fine using cm 7.0.3.1 do I stool need to flash your GPS fix.

Cm 7.0.3.1
Sz 2.1.0 Cfs havs sbc
V0003

heartisall

Sep 14, 2007
I did this for the hell of it even though I wasn't having too many issues on Virus revo 1.3 however this fixed my intermittent wifi issue and seems to have improved my battery too. Thanks a lot

dgrobe2112

Mar 30, 2010
i am finished with the install of the zips, and rebooting now.. you said 2 hours.. i will post back my findings.. to let you know what is going on..

also.. as others have mentioned.. i havent been having any issues with the kingdom revo 1.3 rom.. other than battery drainage.. i dont have wake issues.. but wanted to see if this fixes anything.. will give updates..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    nowake.png

Thread has shed some light on new issues and some other fantastic developers have chimed in with a lot more insight into this issue than I had originally anticipated when I started this thread. Please read the below post in FULL, and skip to page 31 for where this discussion picks up. ~> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1128135&page=31

First I would like the thank the OP for bringing some attention to the issue. This thread seems to have started going in the wrong direction so I will make an attempt to clear some things up and shed some light on the situation with my findings. In my tests so far I cannot really find a combination of radios and pri to solve any of the problems mentioned in this thread. All my findings are using and testing aosp roms. Cm7 really but most aosp roms are based off of cm so this post should be helpful if you use an aosp rom and are having a unreleased pokelock caused by the dialer and/or high android system in the battery usage after phone calls. If you use a sense rom I do not recommend any of these fixes for you. If you use these on a sense rom you will probably mess something up and/or experience boot loops and lots of other problems. That being said lets get started:
    Problem 1: The pokelock not being released after a phone call is made or received. This problem comes from the phone app and not the radios as far as I can tell from my tests.
    This file is a flashable zip of a new phone app that releases the wakelock after making a phone call the way its supposed to. I take no credit for this new phone app. It was made by Scott Brady (The same dev that fixed the mms problems on the evo in the cm nightlies about a month ago). I just got this from him. We haven't thoroughly tested it yet so please FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK. Make a nandroid. I will say this though. In my current tests I have made about 40 calls with no pokelock and it seems to work wonderfully. The only reason I'm posting it early is because if you're like me and you know something is wrong then you want an immediate fix. Also using the killall command in terminal emulator or adb after every call can get tiresome... I have also tested with multiple radios In case anyone was wondering.
    Problem 2: Android system spikes in the battery use in settings after a phone call is made or received.
    Please read what I am about to say all the way through. What I have found is that the current proximity drivers for the evo are causing the android system in the battery use to go bonkers. I'm not really sure how much it affects your battery because it seems that it causes all your apps to not even show up in your battery stats. Proof? I have supplied two files in a zip:
    THIS IS NOT A FLASHABLE ZIP. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. One file is "sensors.supersonic.so" where I edited it so that android cannot find the drivers for your proximity sensor so it never comes on. The second file is "sensors.supersonic.so.bak" which is a backup of the original .so file that you can use if you want to turn your proximity back on. When I edited my sensors.supersonic.so file so the proximity wouldn't come on android system no longer spiked in my battery stats after a phone call!!! Also I tried to add a command to the build.prop first to disable the proximity sensor which would have been better practice but the command didn't work. Not sure if that's because cm overrides it or what. I can pretty much guarantee that this is an aosp problem and not a sense problem so if you use a sense rom you don't even need to worry about this. I doubt HTC has faulty proximity drivers on a stock rom... I could be wrong but I doubt it, they have screwed up in the past...
    So what now? Well if you're on an aosp rom and the current proximity drivers work for you then you know what they say, "If it ain't broke don't try to fix it." For the rest of us I am in the process of trying to find some proximity drivers that don't make battery stats go haywire. Lets try to keep the thread relevant to findings so that we as a community can come closer to a fix instead of all the repetitive questions and things that don't help us get closer to a true fix... Don't forget the thanks button if you found this useful =P
    Thanks for your time.

Edit: I would also like to add that I am on the most current radios, nv, and pri with no wakelock or spike in my android stats. And If you flashed the combo from the Calkulin thread you are probably missing the newest NV file because its not in there.

I have left the previous OP in-tact so if you would like to follow from the beginning you may. At this time, I can no longer recommend the below steps!!!, but I can still let you know that the GPS driver files below are pretty damned awesome.

~J

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    I believe I have FINALLY figured out how to solve the infamous "Wake-Lock" or "Keep Awake" of Android OS that seems to drain the battery on end. It took several hours of reading forum posts, several DAYS of testing on 5 different EVO's (I work at Sprint) and have tested the fix across a multitude of ROM's, including Sense.

I will post a short history of the issue as I know it here for those of you hitting this thread for the first time, skip below for the solution I have found.

Requirements:
    -Radio S-OFF
    -AmonRA Custom Recovery
    -Android System always at or near the top in your battery usage

History
    To the best of my knowledge the issue first started to appear in AOSP ROMS when the Cyanogen team stopped using HTC Blobs to control the driver for the GPS, As a great many custom roms utilize cyanogen for many of their own enhancements and fixes the problem began to propagate out to the community at an alarming rate. Restoring your system back was a hit or miss on if it actually solved the issue or not, and more RADIO files were getting leaked/posted online and many people were flashing a multitude of firmwares to their handset making the issue confusing and seemingly with no correlation on handsets with the people having issues.

I came across ViRuS Kingdom ROM and read about 1000 pages of posts and the conclusion from their team was that the PRI needed to be downgraded to 1.77 and behold, it worked......(mostly)......

I wondered how the PRI had anything to do with the fix, and mixed that with many, many other forums I have read on the issue realized myself that there was a correlative cause and that we all did indeed have something in common. Everyone was on a different radio/pri/nv/wimax combination. I decided to run some tests myself as I have access to ****loads of handsets being a Sprint employee and here is what I have found.

I have found exactly 1 combination that has fixed the issue on every single handset I have tried it on, hands down across the board on a great cross-section of ROMS.
    -Cyanogen
    -Kingdom
    -MIUI
    -SavagedZen
    -Synergy
    -Mik's
    -Sense 3.7 build
    -Sense 4.22 build
    -FreshEVO 3.5
    -FreshEVO 4.1

THE FIX!
    The fix is a combination of...
    GPS: HTC VISION GPS ".so" file

-Reboot the phone

Now heres the weird and tricky part so listen closely. At this time you will still see the Android System in your battery stats. This is normal. To see the fix, you need to charge your phone fully to 100%.... and honestly give it an extra 10-15m on the charger after it says its full. Now..... REBOOT the phone when you pull it off the charger. Use the phone a little bit, make a phone call... it may still pop up around 5%.... again this is normal..... after 2-3 hours however it will be gone, completely and utterly gone... it will never show up again.

I have tested this on 5 handsets hardware revision 0002 0003 & 0004, and about 6-7 ROMS both AOSP & Sense and have yet to see Android OS re-appear. This is not to say that it will work for everyone, but I think that after my testing, there's an excellent chance that this will work for you.

Please leave feedback if this works or does not work for you please so that everyone can benefit from your experience, either good or bad. Please, please please, follow the final instructions carefully, it does literally take a few hours to test and get the old stat to wipe from the battery history, that is why I started this, literally 2 weeks ago, and am just posting now. I tried TONS of combination's and this is the one that struck gold, then I needed to test this combination on all of the phones I had sitting in the back for this. If mirrors are needed please let me know, and I will upload.

Good Luck!

PC36IMG.zip

http://www.multiupload.com/HJOWHOLW4G

Qualcomm Vision GPS Driver
    Sense GPS Driver File from Qualcomm Vision
    http://www.multiupload.com/11IWQ99VKH

EDIT:
    A few reports on certain ROMS of excessive CPU usage after Android OS has dropped off the list
    Please use one of the two below GPS drivers if you experience 100% CPU usage (Source: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1132412 )

~>AOSP<~
    CyanogenMOD 7 Nightly 39 GPS Driver (HTC Blob File Compiled)
    http://www.multiupload.com/NIJEKWGDEQ

~>SENSE<~
    KingdomROM GPS Driver FIX
    Sense GPS Driver File from EVO 3D aka "Kingdom"
    http://www.multiupload.com/ZMOXSDJBOE

EDIT: It has come to my attention from a few members in PM, that the issue doesn't always "take" right away. People have reported that it can take 2 or 3 attempts, and 9 different people have reported that they have run the 1.77_003 NV after flashing the radio, and then running the GPS to resolve the issue.

---------------If the above fails for you after a 2nd attempt. Please follow these Modified Instructions

--MODIFIED STEP-- Download "EVO_NV_1.77_003" ~> http://www.mediafire.com/file/i1p436188iw0iqb/EVO_NV_1.77_003.zip (source: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=715485) & put the file on your SD-Card

--MODIFIED STEP-- Navigate to EVO_NV_1.77_003.zip and choose install, once installed you will see a note at the bottom to reboot the phone. Choose the "Reboot Phone" option in AmonRA and let the phone reboot

-You will see the screen blink, go into recovery and hang, this is completely normal, just wait about 30 seconds and the phone will Automatically put you back into your recovery

-Choose option Flash zip file from SD-Card

-Reboot the phone

Pickup the rest of the steps from above. PLEASE REPORT back your experience!
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Thanks for your time.

Wish we could get some pokelock love for sense.
    Is there a pokelock on sense? If so it wouldnt be as easy to fix since Sense is closed source and you cant just change the code, compile it, and then pull out the phone apk. Let me know and i'm sure we can get to the bottom of it. As I stated earlier I havent been on sense roms for my findings.

I have updated my OP if you dont mind with your comments and I really appreciate you and rope chiming in on this thread to help everyone in the community understand where the actual root of the issue lies. I am assuming the proximity sensor is what turns the screen off when you hold the phone close to your ear. I have inner ear problems and cannot hold a cell phone to my ears, as such I use an auto-speakerphone program and it turns my screen off when the speakerphone comes on after I answer the phone. This may account for all of my testing w/ radios not triggering the wake-lock, and when I test the phones, I place test calls and set them on the tech-bench and let them run.

I am pretty amazed how it all came about like a "perfect storm" of inaccuracy, and a little more amazed how well the previous fix seemed to work for a lot of members in the community. My assumption is that the GPS was just borked on a lot of peoples customs.

I look forward to a full bout of testing, and corrected drivers that can be incorporated into the source code for cyanogen and that the authors basing roms off of their branch all see relief from this issue going forward.

Thank you very much for your help, and I look forward to an approved, tested, fully functioning fix here shortly.

If you need any help from myself, I have access to near unlimited phones so please PM me.

Thanks and will do. Also I would like to note that I have done zero testing on sense roms so I have absolutely no idea whats the issue if there is one with the OTA. Maybe the radios fixed it for people running sense?

Yeah i don't think it has anything to do with the radio combo.

GPS driver maybe.

I'm surprised Google is not working on this issue.

Technically Google's only responsibility is the Nexus line of phones...

So I think I just found an unwanted side effect... my accelerometer has stopped working.

Fyi, I've applied both fixes. I'm assuming its the replaced driver.

Would someone else confirm?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

This is why the zip I provided has two files. One is an edited sensors.supersonic.so and the other is the original file which is renamed to sensors.supersonic.so.bak. If you rename sensors.supersonic.so.bak to sensors.supersonic.so you will go back to the original file without needing to nandroid just reboot for it to take. The edited file will most likely bork your sensors yes. As I stated this is only temporary as I was trying to narrow down what was causing the high android system in battery usage on aosp roms. Only use the edited sensors.supersonic.so file if you can deal with not having sensors until I post a more permanent fix. I'm not at my desktop at the moment So It will probably be this evening before I can post another file. Atleast we have pin pointed the cause of the high android system right? :D
    Just go back to the original sensors.supersonic.so file until I can fix it permanently. I assure you no harm has been done.
    deck's fix

Thanks for your time.

So i spent the last 9 hours flashing all sorts of combos to fix wake lock or android os or battery drain.

I tried EVERY option on this thread in the past week but tonight i went hard. I'm running deck 1.2.1 w/ tiamat 4.0.5 sbc and undervolted 75 and a few custom volts.

my definitive fix was the LATEST radio/wimax/pri/nv update and then flashing the phone apk in this post i'm quoting not the new one w/o proximity because i kinda like to have all features working. i did have a crap load of fc's and boot looping but all i did was a battery pull hold down vol to get into bootloader and cleared cache & dalvik and fix uid in amon ra. now i'm working great with excellent 3g speeds. 2-3% android os and running dumpsys power in TE always hae 0 as lock.....

worked on both my evos (other one is running deck 1.2m and also fixed)

hope this helps!

OH and the latest gps supersonic flash fix 3 ... better than ginger or cm, others would run maps or any gps app at like 40+% ...

now i'm having the great battery life again, instead of dropping percents like crazy and no wake in usage.

to be clear
    1. recovery
    2. wipe cache and dalvik
    3. flash radio combo
    4. reboot
    5. let phone load and reboot to recovery
    6. wipe cache and dalvik
    7. flash phone.zip
    8. fix uid
    9. reboot and load
    10. phone prob will have errors or fc's if so battery pull into bootloader -> recovery, if no errors still go to recovery just no need for batt pull
    11. flash gps file
    12. fix uid mismatch and reboot!

sounds like redundant wipes and flashes but hey... it worked!
    I took the zip that was posted here, put the two files in the directory with my existing driver, so it overwrote the old file and I also had the one with the .bak at the end. What was I supposed to do? I read the instructions that were posted back on page 31.
    Those files removed your proximity sensors for testing purposes. restore back to where you were so that the proximity sensors work. Take this single file and replace it with the one you have. Now your proximity sensors will work again and be very very responsive like they should be. This is not a flashable file. The file goes in /system/lib/hw with rw-, r--, r-- permissions. No reboot needed. Works instantly.

Proxsensorfix.zip
    http://db.tt/bJm4tsX

ropodope

I don't give a crApple what you think