[MMS INCREASE] For SPRINT Arrive (GOLD_C)

Search This thread

mapaz04

Dec 20, 2008
Tennessee
Many things that we have on the SPRINT side of things are disabled or limited BECAUSE SPRINT ROM's have certain things which other ROM's do NOT and therefore, sometimes limit our abilities to do things... At thesame time, disabling/changing these settings give us almost unlimited usability :eek: ... jejeje

Anyway, when sending MMS, SPRINT DOES NOT HAVE A LIMIT on the network :eek: (like AT&T has, VERIZON too) but they put limits on THE PHONE itself which causes the "LIMIT" to appear to be a NETWORK issue... BUT ITS NOT!!! :D

Took me a WHILE to find this registry setting but I FOUND IT!!! jejeje :D [I AM CURRENTLY RUNNING THE TANGO V1 8773, by ANSAR]

Go to the REGISTRY EDITOR and navigate to this entry:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\ShortMsg\MMS\Profiles\Sprint\MS

The MS entry should have a "Value Data" of "2000", change this to "51200" press "OK"

You should now see the MS entry have "0x0000C800 (51200)"

Ohhh Yeah baby, thats it!!! :cool: You are done my friends... Go wild sending multiple videos and pictures because the size should not be an issue anymore!!! :eek: ... jejeje :D

I am almost certain this will work with other ROM's as long as they are for the GOLD_C (HTC Arrive) but I have not tried it on another yet...

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THE SMS 160 CHARACTER LIMIT, SEE MY OTHER POST HERE:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1615966

I CANT STRESS THIS ENOUGH: THANK YOU ANSAR FOR THE CUSTOM ROM AND ALL DEVELOPERS THAT HELPED UNLOCK OUR PHONES

AND OF COURSE, DONT FORGET TO HIT THE "THANKS" BUTTON IF THIS HAS HELPED YOU!!! JEJEJE :eek:

Attachments

• Editing.jpg
    Editing.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Reactions: purian23

tdecision10

May 6, 2009
Didn't work on my Arrive. I typed a message that significantly longer than 160 characters and it still greyed out the send button and prompted "message too long."

It lists (51200) as the value....

Sorry maybe I misinterpreted. I thought this was refering to the 160 character limit. But obviously I need to read and pay attention. This is about the size of an mms message.

Last edited:

mapaz04

Dec 20, 2008
Tennessee
Didn't work on my Arrive. I typed a message that significantly longer than 160 characters and it still greyed out the send button and prompted "message too long."

It lists (51200) as the value....

Sorry maybe I misinterpreted. I thought this was refering to the 160 character limit. But obviously I need to read and pay attention. This is about the size of an mms message.

At first I was like :eek: ...
Then I was like :confused: ...
Now I'm like :D ... jejeje​

Im looking into the 160 limit... Hope I have it today... The registry is EXTREMELY long and so far, I have found many many entries but none for the character limit...
EDIT: THIS HAS BEEN FOUND, SEE FIRST POST FOR LINK!!!

But rest asured that I am looking into that because it annoys me too... looking for that entry is how I came across this one (it reminded me of my WinMo days... jejeje)​

Last edited:

adihere

Nov 15, 2008
Now I'm like :D ... jejeje
Im looking into the 160 limit... Hope I have it today... The registry is EXTREMELY long and so far, I have found many many entries but none for the character limit...

But rest asured that I am looking into that because it annoys me too... looking for that entry is how I came across this one (it reminded me of my WinMo days... jejeje)​

Good stuffs...I can't wait till it is found...surprised it hasn't been discovered by now...its almost like people have tried and run into a wall or found that it there is no "easy" registry fix for it...cuz c'mon you dont think by now someone annoyed or motivated as us hasn't done been down this path already and tried to... :confused: Yet everyone stays hush hush about it and then you get the just deal with it till there a oem release. Its a conspiracy i tell ya :eek: LOL!

Zero9930

Nov 16, 2009
Lincoln
Good stuffs...I can't wait till it is found...surprised it hasn't been discovered by now...its almost like people have tried and run into a wall or found that it there is no "easy" registry fix for it...cuz c'mon you dont think by now someone annoyed or motivated as us hasn't done been down this path already and tried to... :confused: Yet everyone stays hush hush about it and then you get the just deal with it till there a oem release. Its a conspiracy i tell ya :eek: LOL!

When the unlocked ROMs first came out I sat down and probably spent a few hours searching for where this limit would be at but I couldn't find anything relevant. My guess was either a registry value was missing or it's labeled weird. Our best chance at finding this problem would probably be to ask our fellow CDMA users or 7 pro users to look through their registry and find all the values that correspond with SMS. But I haven't had the time or patience to do that :p So someone else could ask around for it and then compare it with our registry. That would be the simple way to do it I would think.

leadpoizon

May 31, 2008
Now I'm like :D ... jejeje

I have already looked and found the proper registry entries that allow the OS to send messages over 160 characters. The message does not get sent and many minutes later you get an error that the message could not be sent. I found this by comparing settings with the Verizon Trophy settings. It seems to me that it's not a registry issue but a dll issue. The Windows Phone OS needs to do the splitting of the messages before they are sent to the network, but it does not. The Verizon network most likely supports the splitting of the messages over the network when Sprint does not. I think the fix needs to come from Microsoft since Sprint can't just go and change the way their network works. I'm guessing the reason MS hasn't done anything is because Sprint doesn't seem to want to support Windows Phones and it may not be worth it for MS to do this for only one phone. Speculations, of course.

leadpoizon

May 31, 2008
What registry edits did you make out of curiosity?

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Cellular\SMS\Router]
"CDMAConcatenation"=dword:0
Changing the above from 0 to 1 allows for the "message is too long" to go away and lets you send a longer message. This is a known registry settings among the chefs, btw. I tested others to make sure I wasn't missing anything that might work, but nothing else worked. This one is the head of the snake. There is no easy solution yet, as far as I know. MS has to make the SMS app do the concatenation process seamlessly if it is not supported by the network.

Reactions: mapaz04

mapaz04

Dec 20, 2008
Tennessee
HOLY CRAP!!!

Code:
Changing the above from 0 to 1 allows for the "message is too long" to go away and lets you send a longer message. This is a known registry settings among the chefs, btw. I tested others to make sure I wasn't missing anything that might work, but nothing else worked. This one is the head of the snake. There is no easy solution yet, as far as I know. MS has to make the SMS app do the concatenation process seamlessly if it is not supported by the network.

HOLY CRAP!!! I SUCCESSFULLY SENT A 4 PAGE MESSAGE :eek: !!! IT SPLIT IT FOR ME AND EVERYTHING :eek: !!!

I AM TRYING TO RE-CREATE WHAT I DID SO I AM HAVING TO RE-FLASH THE ROM TO MY PHONE...

IM SO EXCITED I HAD TO POST THIS... :D JEJEJE :D

EDIT 1: SEE SCREENSHOTS FOR PROOF!!! JEJEJE... SO EXCITED HERE... JEJEJE

EDIT 2: UPDATED FIRST POST WITH LINK TO THE NEW THREAD ON HOW TO DO THE 160 SMS LIMIT

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Reactions: monkeygod

mapaz04

Dec 20, 2008
Tennessee
Sorry to hear your results man... Would you mind elaborating what broke when U did this tweak? That way we can start to make notes as to what works or doesn't like the and tweak.

Thanks in advance for the information and it sucks that it didn't work for you...

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Many things that we have on the SPRINT side of things are disabled or limited BECAUSE SPRINT ROM's have certain things which other ROM's do NOT and therefore, sometimes limit our abilities to do things... At thesame time, disabling/changing these settings give us almost unlimited usability :eek: ... jejeje

Anyway, when sending MMS, SPRINT DOES NOT HAVE A LIMIT on the network :eek: (like AT&T has, VERIZON too) but they put limits on THE PHONE itself which causes the "LIMIT" to appear to be a NETWORK issue... BUT ITS NOT!!! :D

Took me a WHILE to find this registry setting but I FOUND IT!!! jejeje :D [I AM CURRENTLY RUNNING THE TANGO V1 8773, by ANSAR]

Go to the REGISTRY EDITOR and navigate to this entry:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\ShortMsg\MMS\Profiles\Sprint\MS

The MS entry should have a "Value Data" of "2000", change this to "51200" press "OK"

You should now see the MS entry have "0x0000C800 (51200)"

Ohhh Yeah baby, thats it!!! :cool: You are done my friends... Go wild sending multiple videos and pictures because the size should not be an issue anymore!!! :eek: ... jejeje :D

I am almost certain this will work with other ROM's as long as they are for the GOLD_C (HTC Arrive) but I have not tried it on another yet...

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THE SMS 160 CHARACTER LIMIT, SEE MY OTHER POST HERE:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1615966

I CANT STRESS THIS ENOUGH: THANK YOU ANSAR FOR THE CUSTOM ROM AND ALL DEVELOPERS THAT HELPED UNLOCK OUR PHONES

AND OF COURSE, DONT FORGET TO HIT THE "THANKS" BUTTON IF THIS HAS HELPED YOU!!! JEJEJE :eek:
    What registry edits did you make out of curiosity?

Code:
    HOLY CRAP!!!

Code:

HOLY CRAP!!! I SUCCESSFULLY SENT A 4 PAGE MESSAGE :eek: !!! IT SPLIT IT FOR ME AND EVERYTHING :eek: !!!

I AM TRYING TO RE-CREATE WHAT I DID SO I AM HAVING TO RE-FLASH THE ROM TO MY PHONE...

IM SO EXCITED I HAD TO POST THIS... :D JEJEJE :D

EDIT 1: SEE SCREENSHOTS FOR PROOF!!! JEJEJE... SO EXCITED HERE... JEJEJE

EDIT 2: UPDATED FIRST POST WITH LINK TO THE NEW THREAD ON HOW TO DO THE 160 SMS LIMIT