ROOT the Karbonn A15

Search This thread

ntstatic

Sep 8, 2009
Mumbai
OK got the Karbonn A15 yesterday dubbed as a Ninja Killer by some :) was able to root it today
here are the steps

the driver files are included on the phone internal card called pcdrivers.zip. you can connect the usb mount the internal usb storage and copy the file to your pc. if you face any problems you can download the file from here

1. Enable USB Debugging - Under SETTINGS - DEVELOPER OPTIONS
2. Install the drivers for the phone - copy drivers from your phone internal card or download from here
3. download "Android Root Unlock" from sourceforge.net and extract it to a folder on your harddisk
4. navigate to the above folder and run the batch file ICS_Root_Unlocker.bat
the batch file will reboot your phone a couple of times and will wait with a message "Press Any Key to continue"
IMP NOTE : if you pc is saying "PRESS ANY KEY" note if your phone is on or rebooting....
if it is Rebooting, wait for it to start before pressing a key
5. After a couple of boots the phone will be rooted
6. verify that the Root is complete by observing a "Superuser" shortcut in the application list

good luck
-ntstatic

Last edited:

prasad12ka4

OK got the Karbonn A15 yesterday dubbed as a Ninja Killer by some :) was able to root it today
here are the steps

the driver files are included on the phone internal card called pcdrivers.zip. you can connect the usb mount the internal usb storage and copy the file to your pc. if you face any problems you can download the file from here

2. Install the drivers for the phone - copy drivers from your phone internal card or download from here
3. download "Android Root Unlock" from sourceforge.net and extract it to a folder on your harddisk
the batch file will reboot your phone a couple of times and will wait with a message "Press Any Key to continue"
IMP NOTE : if you pc is saying "PRESS ANY KEY" note if your phone is on or rebooting....
6. verify that the Root is complete by observing a "Superuser" shortcut in the application list

good luck
Can you provide details of this handset

PPI density etc etc

vishwasnp

May 31, 2012
Wow, that was really fast dude !

Btw please upload the rooted stock Rom once CWM is ported for this, it's chipset May be compatible with A9 :)

Sent from my Fanta9stic using xda app-developers app

bitspirit

Dec 6, 2012
JellyBean mods for Karbonn A15

I know this is too much to ask...since Cyanogen does not support S1 processors..still
any hopes of a JellyBean mods for Karbonn A15...?

ntstatic

Sep 8, 2009
Mumbai

PPI density etc etc

check out http://mobiles.pricedekho.com/mobiles/karbonn/a15-price-pmk5s.html#Specifications

which may not list the RAM etc
RAM=512
ROM=512 ?
INTERNAL=2.5 G ? (>2G will verify on my device later )
the above listing says FM =No however there is a preinstalled FM app so FM must be present - never use it so not checked - will check later
the G- Sensor is off by a lot on my piece - orientation works (can it be calibrated ?)
Display 4" @ 480x800

overall a very nice piece at Rs 5900

Reactions: freegoat

ntstatic

Sep 8, 2009
Mumbai
Wow, that was really fast dude !

Btw please upload the rooted stock Rom once CWM is ported for this, it's chipset May be compatible with A9 :)

Sent from my Fanta9stic using xda app-developers app

I'm a newbie at this thing - so will have to check how to dump the stock rom - can you people point me in the right direction which will save me a lot of googling - there must be an app somewheres ?? or do i have to connect to a pc ??

ntstatic

Sep 8, 2009
Mumbai
I know this is too much to ask...since Cyanogen does not support S1 processors..still
any hopes of a JellyBean mods for Karbonn A15...?
- as i said above i am very new to all this will have to study the whole thing a little - no expections for a custom rom from my side ;) for quite some time

but the handset is very new in the market and rooting is the first step - i am sure people more knowledgable will provide some insight

overall Karbonn A15 seems a bargain ICS handset at this price.- no complaints so far....

Jan 22, 2009
karbonn a15

hey congrats man you did it really fast.can you tell me how is battery backup of this phone i was thinking to buy.

and mentioning battery backup while using 2 sims.

smondal29

Sep 21, 2012
Kolkata
about root android

I need to know is.
1. why root is so necessary?
2. is most of branded droids are rooted?
3. does it void warranty?

:confused:
please reply

coolsandie

Oct 22, 2011
Kochi, Kerala
coolsandie.github.io

PPI density etc etc

Karbonn A15

- Android 4.0.4
- ARMv7 processor rev 1 (v7l)
- Product: msm7627a
- Board: 7x27
- Cores: 1
- Max freq: 1008MHz Min freq: 122.88MHz
- Memory Total: ~385MB
- Kernel: 3.0.21
- 4" Display resolution: 480x800 (160x160 DPI)
- GPU: Adreno 200
- Sensors: 3-axis Acclerometer, proximity, light
- Multi-Touch points: 2
- Internal Storage: 581MB+2.57GB

Search on Youtube for a video review.

Reactions: ntstatic

ntstatic

Sep 8, 2009
Mumbai
hey congrats man you did it really fast.can you tell me how is battery backup of this phone i was thinking to buy.

and mentioning battery backup while using 2 sims.

i have been using it for only 2 days. on the first day it seemed that battery drained really fast but the next day it was better i would be able to give a better feedback in a few days.
all in all it seems the battery will last at least one day with heavy usage and around 2 days for someone like me (very low usage)

Last edited:

2kool2btrue

Dec 13, 2011
New Delhi
Hey.. can you please tell me about the display quality? Also, does it support 720x576 or 720x480 playback? I know it does not play 720p files but if it can play 576p files then I'll buy it..
Thanks! :)

satan89

Sep 21, 2009
Bangalore, Mangalore
I need to know is.
1. why root is so necessary?
2. is most of branded droids are rooted?
3. does it void warranty?

:confused:
please reply

1. Not necessary if you don't intended to tweak system files, gain system access permission,
2. All Android devices are rootable, but usually by default don't have root access
3. Yes warranty voided while rooting but you can unroot again

Sent from my ST21i

2kool2btrue

Dec 13, 2011
New Delhi
nevermind.. I bought it anyway.. found a deal which was too good to resist :) will root it as soon as I get my hands on it! Is it possible for you to post an unrooting guide as well? (just in case the phone needs to be taken to a service centre)

Jan 22, 2009
Thanks for the update and waiting for your better feedback in few days on battery backup and for how much you bought it?

kartikoli

Aug 16, 2011
the handset is available for 4700rs on homeshop18 website. please tell me if there is any problem with the device as i would like to order it now

Deal is too tempting

kartikoli

Aug 16, 2011
so its a go for me ... thanks brother

even karbonn a9+ is available for 7.2k

i was thinking to go between either of 2 but decided to save some money and settle for A15 as i dont play much games on mobile[totally opposite in case of PC] so dont need dual core device

just wanted to know smoothness and basic phone usage like volume of earphone or during the calls , messaging etc...

ntstatic

Sep 8, 2009
Mumbai
so its a go for me ... thanks brother

even karbonn a9+ is available for 7.2k

i was thinking to go between either of 2 but decided to save some money and settle for A15 as i dont play much games on mobile[totally opposite in case of PC] so dont need dual core device

just wanted to know smoothness and basic phone usage like volume of earphone or during the calls , messaging etc...

smoothness of the phone is excellent, did not find any lag while operating the phone, or while testing using Temple Run. the movement is very smooth. volume is good no problem there.

the only thing that is worth mentioning is that the Gravity sensor is off in my phone - meaning if i keep the phone on a flat surface it detects that the phone is leaning to the left and a little top. is this a calibratable thing in the settings or such ?

prasad12ka4

smoothness of the phone is excellent, did not find any lag while operating the phone, or while testing using Temple Run. the movement is very smooth. volume is good no problem there.

the only thing that is worth mentioning is that the Gravity sensor is off in my phone - meaning if i keep the phone on a flat surface it detects that the phone is leaning to the left and a little top. is this a calibratable thing in the settings or such ?
I am planning to scrap my new bought Micromax A87 for this one?
What do you think?

Also shall we start a different development thread for this like we did for A9, A7 and A5?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    here are the steps

good luck
    -ntstatic
    Best way out is we need to find which mobile clone this is?
    Thats what we did for every karbonn mobile
    A9, A7 , A5
    So building CWM, ROMS was extremely easy, this way getting custom recovery was easy too.

the K-Touch W719 looks very much like Karbonn A15,
    so we are at the next step
    i now have the details about few of the partitions and most importantly the two we are intrested in

so the analysis of the partitions has determined that partition8 and partition16 were indeed the two we were intrested in boot and recovery
    and the following is now confirmed

/boot = mmcblk0p8 - partition 8
    /recovery = mmcblk0p16 - partition 16

so just to be sure and there is no ambiguity i am renaming the two dumps and uploading them again

here is the boot.img

here is the recovery.img

the next step now involves a calculated risk

flashing the mod recovery and checking if it works - it is not too great a risk now as we have the original dumps and a non working recovery can simply be overwritten by the stock recovery. however as i am very new to this i am going to give this step a few hours of googling and researching.

PPI density etc etc

check out http://mobiles.pricedekho.com/mobiles/karbonn/a15-price-pmk5s.html#Specifications

which may not list the RAM etc
    RAM=512
    ROM=512 ?
    INTERNAL=2.5 G ? (>2G will verify on my device later )
    the above listing says FM =No however there is a preinstalled FM app so FM must be present - never use it so not checked - will check later
    the G- Sensor is off by a lot on my piece - orientation works (can it be calibrated ?)
    Display 4" @ 480x800

overall a very nice piece at Rs 5900
    Thanks Dude

here are the steps

good luck
    -ntstatic

:good::good::good::good:
    do you know any CUSTOM ROM for this phone ???