[APP][4.0+][ROOT] BBQScreen

Search This thread

XpLoDWilD

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 19, 2009
France
www.xplod.fr
kvrWpGURFKNsxhvD1BE14hpGJXuSdh8CEL8AvPOZqN4prDEl91h3Sn_8e_6eJdFo5cKH=w124

BBQScreen lets you see your Android device's screen on your computer at fullspeed.

Unlike many Phone-to-PC screen sharing app, BBQScreen lets you see your device's screen in realtime and at a high framerate. It's super easy to setup, and can work through Wi-Fi, USB Tethering, or even Bluetooth tethering (best experienced with Wi-Fi or USB Tethering).
Get and install this app on your Android device, and get the latest client app on your computer at http://screen.bbqdroid.org. You just have to enter your device's IP address, and it's working immediately.

See it on the Play Store

W1i7jluoXgSwxKadHzLoW0T_Lvr0pr26ak-GL9ewqJvdh-mJNruOhVZoE89PU065imkU

okitsaws

Sep 2, 2012
Always Stuck! No frames Received...
Lenovo s560. USB/Wifi Thetering not working :(

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 3,816

XpLoDWilD

Nov 19, 2009
France
www.xplod.fr
Reactions: str8upx

bit2

Apr 21, 2012
Could you provide a list of system requirements and/or supported platforms/devices?
Eg. What devices did you test the app successfully on (besides the Nexus 4)?
What OS versions (+SP or any additional components) did you test the clients with?

So I guess a list of verified configurations (vs. failed configurations) would be nice so people won't force something that is never going to work (with the current version).

XpLoDWilD

Nov 19, 2009
France
www.xplod.fr
Could you provide a list of system requirements and/or supported platforms/devices?
Eg. What devices did you test the app successfully on (besides the Nexus 4)?
What OS versions (+SP or any additional components) did you test the clients with?

So I guess a list of verified configurations (vs. failed configurations) would be nice so people won't force something that is never going to work (with the current version).

In theory all devices should work, the app relies on the system's capability to do screenshots basically. We tested it on Nexus 4, S3, Note II and TF700T without any problem. We will investigate more however to check why it doesn't work for some people (where the same Android device works for others). The fact that we use UDP is giving lost frames, thus we'll invite users to reduce scale for more stability.

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
I can't get this working on my laptop, I always get "no frame received, are you sure of your android device address?" I've restarted everything, and the address is typed in properly. This is with 3 different android devices.

opa0opa

Mar 13, 2010
It works here on an SGS2 but not on a GNexus.

PC: Win8 x64 (updated redistributable as instructed)
Connection method: WiFi router or USB tethering

Galaxy S2: JellyBam v5.1.0 stable (4.2.1 - 01.28.2013).
- Testing with the "Nexus" live wallpaper, I got an average framerate of 9 when using scale 80% (quality 50%) but it went up to 25 when reducing the scale to 50% (same quality). The image quality is not something to write home about but at least it's working.

Galaxy Nexus: ParanoidAndroid v3.15 (4.2.2 - 03.28.2013) no DPI tweaks applied, everything was set to default
- could not connect to the server regardless of the scale (went as low as 25%).

[edit] Results are the same when connecting through USB tethering. But the FPS is a little better on the SGS2. The image still gets corrupted even at scale 50 but only when increasing the Quality above 95%

Bug: the windows client always reconnects to the previous server, provided that's still running (in my case the SGS2) regardless of the IP typed in the connection dialogue.

o/

Last edited:

Smuggler28

Apr 18, 2012
Doesn't work on Nexus 7 with Paranoid Android 3.10 - scale 25%, quality 5%
Works on my Nexus S (CM 10.1) on the same network and PC. I have about 6 FPS with default settings (scale 100%, quality 60%).

PC: Windows 8 Pro x64

JanusDC

Aug 9, 2011
Buenos Aires
www.diaz-caro.info
The Linux client is compiled for 64 bit. Can you please provide an executable in 32 bit?

Code:
$ file BBQScreenClient
BBQScreenClient: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.18, BuildID[sha1]=01bf24149cc004e7eef5d9dd547e252219a3ada4, not stripped

An unrelated question: Is it possible to stream a video with this app?

bit2

Apr 21, 2012
It works here on an SGS2 but not on a GNexus.
(...)
Galaxy Nexus: ParanoidAndroid v3.15 (4.2.2 - 03.28.2013) no DPI tweaks applied, everything was set to default
- could not connect to the server regardless of the scale (went as low as 25%).

It doesn't work for me either (on a Galaxy Nexus). I tried both the Mac and the Windows client, but neither could connect.
Both reported the same: "No frame received, are you sure of your Android device address?"
Yes, I'm sure. :)

Watching the traffic between the computer and Android (via Wireshark) I see that UDP packets go out from the computer (source port 9876) to the Gnex (dest port 9876) and the Gnex sends back ICMP Destination Unreachable (i.e. Type=3) replies with Code=3 (Port Unreachable). And yes, I'm sure that the ICMP replies come from the Gnex, the source MAC address of the ICMP replies matches with my Gnex's WiFi MAC address.

Meanwhile on the Gnex I monitor traffic with Network Log. It doesn't show any (traffic) for BBQScreen. :(
It's as if BBQScreen fails to listen for incoming UDP packets.
Tried to lower the scale to 25% (the minimum), but it didn't help (I didn't expect it to either).

My Gnex has the official 4.2.2 build. There're no firewall (iptables) rules in place (apart from what Android itself uses for data usage logging).
What's next to debug?

Reactions: nutiket95

fleckdalm

Dec 12, 2010
Hi!

I just bought BBQScreen but it doesnt work on my Galaxy Tab 10.1 with Cm10.1! The windows client just says no frame received although the ip is right (and the devices are of course in the same wifi network)! What can I do to help you fix this problem with your app?

brealorg

Jan 2, 2011
enåsen.no
The Linux client is compiled for 64 bit. Can you please provide an executable in 32 bit?

Code:
$ file BBQScreenClient
BBQScreenClient: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.18, BuildID[sha1]=01bf24149cc004e7eef5d9dd547e252219a3ada4, not stripped

What this guy said and a readme with dependables (if necessary would be great) =)

Reactions: JanusDC

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    kvrWpGURFKNsxhvD1BE14hpGJXuSdh8CEL8AvPOZqN4prDEl91h3Sn_8e_6eJdFo5cKH=w124

BBQScreen lets you see your Android device's screen on your computer at fullspeed.

Unlike many Phone-to-PC screen sharing app, BBQScreen lets you see your device's screen in realtime and at a high framerate. It's super easy to setup, and can work through Wi-Fi, USB Tethering, or even Bluetooth tethering (best experienced with Wi-Fi or USB Tethering).
    Get and install this app on your Android device, and get the latest client app on your computer at http://screen.bbqdroid.org. You just have to enter your device's IP address, and it's working immediately.

See it on the Play Store

W1i7jluoXgSwxKadHzLoW0T_Lvr0pr26ak-GL9ewqJvdh-mJNruOhVZoE89PU065imkU
    Sorry for the late reply.

1) Sorry, my derp for the x86 client. I'll fix that asap.
    2) Seems like there is a bug with stock 4.2 phones, I'm going to investigate. If you run CyanogenMod, it works fine.
    3) We used a different method of slicing the data in 1.5 update, that could induce some tearing at high scale. However, at 50% scale the previous method is still used.
    4) We are aware of orientation issues on some devices, and we'll offer an option to workaround it for the devices not behaving properly.
    5) We will offer an update shortly with yet another streaming method. Right now we're broadcasting JPEG over UDP. It seems like UDP is a problem for some people not being able to connect, and UDP introduces the tearing issue I talked above due to the slicing. I've been taking a closer look at Miracast, and I have a running host and client app here on my Nexus 4 with a much better image and way smoother rendering, even at high scale (I get a clean image at ~20 FPS at 100% scale, and a regulated 25FPS (artificial limit) at 75%). We also switched to TCP to prevent connection issues that could occur in the past. We're going to run some tests on the different test devices we have, and push it asap.

Thanks for your patience, and understand that we're constantly working on improving it. This new Miracast-like broadcasting method is the best we can achieve with the current technologies and hardware limitations, and we cross our fingers to hope that it will work fine for everyone. Be assured that we'll keep on improving the app, eventually get back our previous jpeg method as a fallback if some devices aren't capable of broadcasting properly the frames with our new method.

If we're 100% sure it works fine, we'll add other elements such as remote control, audio, recording, and much more.

Thanks again for your patience.
    Maybe you need a free test app so people can ensure it works with their devices first :good:
    Ok, some big news guys:
    - The new version takes quite a lot of time, but I'm putting a lot of work into it.
    - I'm using the new Android 4.3 and 4.4 APIs for screen recording and streaming, providing a super smooth and fast streaming, with a very low CPU usage and a much better quality.
    - I'm simplifying the connection process, allowing your device to be "announced" on your network, and thus not having to type in the IP every time.
    - The remote input will also be greatly improved compared to previously.

I hope to finish this new version by the end of the week... hopefully.
    Will the Linux server work under Raspbian for Raspberry Pi, or as it will be only X86 processor and no ARM support?

There is no linux server, as the server runs on the phone (so it's ARM). As for the client (app that displays the phone's screen), there will be an Android client.

We're almost done with our new update.