language for android app development

Search This thread

virk36

Aug 31, 2013
Hello , i have an IT project lined up regarding the programming of an android app (a high level)
i would like to know that which is the best free book/pdf document is available online for learning android programming.
i have started learning python, i just wanted to know whether it can help me in any way?

ScatteredHell

Jul 4, 2012
Colombo
Emmm....I think python won't help. By the way what languages do you know? If you like you can continue your project with Mono Android. Which is compatible with Microsoft Visual Studio and you can do many things easier with it. In that case you have to know C#. Here's the thread with many links. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2223114

Sent from my SonyX8 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Here's the thread for setup Mono Android. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2223010
Btw if you would like to go on this, pm me problems you have, I will help you as I can. Good luck.

Sent from my SonyX8 using Tapatalk 2

const_char

Oct 9, 2013
Hello , i have an IT project lined up regarding the programming of an android app (a high level)
i would like to know that which is the best free book/pdf document is available online for learning android programming.
i have started learning python, i just wanted to know whether it can help me in any way?

Do yourself a favor and simply use Java if possible. That is how they intended to develop on Android. In my experience anything else is good only if specifically needed.

WarBorg

Dec 7, 2013
Brasov
JAVA is the most used language to make apps for Android but there are alternatives and the biggest I see is Mono fro Android which uses C# as a programming language

Scalibq

Jun 18, 2013
Do yourself a favor and simply use Java if possible. That is how they intended to develop on Android. In my experience anything else is good only if specifically needed.

I second that. Android is mostly designed around C and Java. Even if you code C/C++, you sometimes have to use JNI to call back into Java, because some functionality is only exposed in a Java package, not in native code.
So Java is the best way to make full use of the Android platform, and gives you the best compatibility. Most tools, documentation and other resources are also aimed at Java development.

ty0924

Feb 26, 2014
Java is default android development language

you can develop android app with python but maybe your released app size is so big
because your app must statically have python interpreter.
it is not easy stuff, if you have not many experience of android development.

Sloosh

Jan 7, 2011
python is not too far from java or c/c++ so it may help anyway, but now you should go to java ...
but the most important is now to know how to use the Android framework

C0D3FRE@K

Jun 25, 2014
New Delhi
yeah...man u should use java it would really help u.....i m 14 i too wanna develop apps...so i learn JAVA it's the best :D....
By the way gud luck with ur project ;)

Sent from my IRIS402 using xda app-developers app