Verizon Moto G on Page Plus

Search This thread

ja5219

Oct 5, 2011
Western NC
Any updates on if its allowed or will be allowed?

I saw the $50 Verizon Moto G on sale a few days ago on best buy and purchased it. Its about to arrive, was hoping they'd allow pageplus.

If not, it'll work well as an iPod type device.

netkeys

Aug 28, 2010
It will NOT work. All prepaid Verizon phones are locked out of use on PagePlus.

If you want a Moto G for PagePlus you need to get the Boost Mobile version then flash to Verizon.

You should be able to use as iPod type device.

It's possible to get a Boost Mobile version for about 50.00 by following: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53157076&postcount=433

Then follow these directions to flash to PagePlus: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2537119

Any updates on if its allowed or will be allowed?

I saw the $50 Verizon Moto G on sale a few days ago on best buy and purchased it. Its about to arrive, was hoping they'd allow pageplus.

If not, it'll work well as an iPod type device.

Reactions: Birs19

tekweezle

Jun 20, 2012
if you activate the Verizon Moto G on Verizon Prepaid for 6 months, you might be able to get it onto PagePlus after the service expires. You have to use it on Verizon Prepaid for 6 months.

glove0001

Oct 18, 2012
Boost value? XP or Mac?

Is Boost using an equivalent value of hardware in their phone, or have they gotten the phone made with cheaper parts? I only ask because the cost is only $80. Also, I want to learn Linux but don't have the time. I don't know if my XP PC still works or if I can even browse the web with it. I have a MacBook, but I doubt I can load any of the required software. I am going to download all of the software from a noob friendly website with links. All I did was search "Page Plus Moto G" and about five results down is a convenient PDF with the name automation in the search result. The author is BOB PHONE. I really need pictures to go along with the step-by-step so I found this very useful. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

BobPhone

Apr 5, 2014
Boost is same hardware

Boost is same hardware as the Verizon phone. Only difference is the ESN is NOT in the "banned/ must be on Verizon for 6 months" range that the Verizon version is. My son has the Boost G and LOVES LOVES, LOVES it. Has been able to move lots of functions that are on the Moto X over to it. And we are paying $29 a month on PPC.

A XP PC should work. Becarful of those web viruses though! Just kidding. Just do NOT use IE as the web browser! Mac, probably not going to work so well.

Is Boost using an equivalent value of hardware in their phone, or have they gotten the phone made with cheaper parts? I only ask because the cost is only $80. Also, I want to learn Linux but don't have the time. I don't know if my XP PC still works or if I can even browse the web with it. I have a MacBook, but I doubt I can load any of the required software. I am going to download all of the software from a noob friendly website with links. All I did was search "Page Plus Moto G" and about five results down is a convenient PDF with the name automation in the search result. The author is BOB PHONE. I really need pictures to go along with the step-by-step so I found this very useful. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

bmeek

Jun 2, 2007
Hey folks - I'm bumping this thread to ask if anyone can provide current info on this topic, specifically:

* Can a used Verizon Moto G (6 months since VZW prepaid activation) be activated on Page Plus?
* Can a Boost Mobile Moto G (purchased in August 2015) be activated on Page Plus?

I note that the Boost Mobile service is on the Sprint network, and I'm not entirely clear if that is a perfect match for CDMA/EVDO frequencies.

Thanks.

SmilingBob

Mar 26, 2015
* Can a used Verizon Moto G (6 months since VZW prepaid activation) be activated on Page Plus?
Page Plus, yes. No idea about Boost Mobile. I bought a pair of Moto G XT1028 (Verizon prepaid) off Ebay, brand new old stock (plastic still on screens) with 4.4.2 Kit Kat. His auction stated good for Page Plus. Activated just fine on Red Pocket (another Verizon MVNO) - if they activate on one MVNO they will activate on any if its a 3G device.

Reactions: bmeek

discerning

Aug 3, 2010
Hey folks - I'm bumping this thread to ask if anyone can provide current info on this topic, specifically:

* Can a Boost Mobile Moto G (purchased in August 2015) be activated on Page Plus?

I note that the Boost Mobile service is on the Sprint network, and I'm not entirely clear if that is a perfect match for CDMA/EVDO frequencies.

Thanks.

You bumped an old thread where it was possible to use a Boost Moto G on Page Plus. As of 15 January 2015, Verizon has instituted an ESN whitelist to all MVNO's. IOW, only Verizon or Verizon MVNO devices on Verizon network. Users with flashed phones that was currently in use prior to 01/15/15 has their phones grandfathered, but are unable to switch ESN.

Last edited:

bmeek

Jun 2, 2007
Thanks @SmilingBob and @discerning! Yes - I read this thread then searched about to find the report about Verizon clamping down early this year, then I found the post-paid moto g offers on eBay. I ended up ordering a refurbished one for my mom and will end up setting her up on Page Plus or on Tracfone.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

bmeek

Jun 2, 2007
Can the XT1028 bootloader (running v4.4.2) be unlocked?

Page Plus, yes. No idea about Boost Mobile. I bought a pair of Moto G XT1028 (Verizon prepaid) off Ebay, brand new old stock (plastic still on screens) with 4.4.2 Kit Kat. His auction stated good for Page Plus. Activated just fine on Red Pocket (another Verizon MVNO) - if they activate on one MVNO they will activate on any if its a 3G device.
I'm curious about when you made this purchase and if you tried to unlock the bootloader on these phones? I'm assuming the one I ordered will have v4.4.4 installed and be tightly locked down... Oh well.

SmilingBob

Mar 26, 2015
I'm curious about when you made this purchase and if you tried to unlock the bootloader on these phones? I'm assuming the one I ordered will have v4.4.4 installed and be tightly locked down... Oh well.
I purchased two Moto G XT1028s off of Ebay end of July and activated them on Red Pocket beginning of this month. They were old stock but brand new phones and had 4.4.2 installed. I was able to unlock the bootloader with no issues using the Sunshine apk (it is $25 per phone to unlock) and then side loaded custom recovery as usual. You have to get temporary root to do this, I flashed pieroot using jcase's instructions:
http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/orig-development/root-4-4-x-pie-motorola-devices-t2771623

After the pieroot flash I ran Sunshine apk and it worked fine to unlock the bootloader. I also flashed Lost101's "optimized" stock rom 4.4.4 available here on XDA:

http://xdaforums.com/moto-g/development/rom-stock-motorola-rom-collection-t2854688

The dealer on Ebay sold at least 150 XT1028s in the auction I purchased from and restarted it when the time ended. It is currently still running. Can't guarantee they all come with 4.4.2 but both of mine did.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361337045642?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Good luck!

Last edited:

bmeek

Jun 2, 2007
I purchased two Moto G XT1028s off of Ebay end of July and activated them on Red Pocket beginning of this month. They were old stock but brand new phones and had 4.4.2 installed. I was able to unlock the bootloader with no issues using the Sunshine apk (it is $25 per phone to unlock) and then side loaded custom recovery as usual. You have to get temporary root to do this, I flashed pieroot using jcase's instructions:
http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/orig-development/root-4-4-x-pie-motorola-devices-t2771623

After the pieroot flash I ran Sunshine apk and it worked fine to unlock the bootloader. I also flashed Lost101's "optimized" stock rom 4.4.4 available here on XDA:

http://xdaforums.com/moto-g/development/rom-stock-motorola-rom-collection-t2854688

The dealer on Ebay sold at least 150 XT1028s in the auction I purchased from and restarted it when the time ended. It is currently still running. Can't guarantee they all come with 4.4.2 but both of mine did.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361337045642?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Good luck!
Thanks. I ordered from a similar bulk dealer elsewhere in New York offering factory refurbished "post-paid" xt1028 phones for $10 less ( http://m.ebay.com/itm/Verizon-PageP...roid-SmartPhone-XT1028-POSTPAID-/231609412078 ).

We'll see. I would have cheerfully spent another $10 if I knew I could get what you did.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

SmilingBob

Mar 26, 2015
Thanks. I ordered from a similar bulk dealer elsewhere
Either way I think you'll really like it. We love ours, I just got lucky and was fully expecting to get updated, locked boot loaders. The main reasons I wanted unlocked/rooted was to have a wifi hotspot and freeze the bloat. I learned the hard way that the native hotspot is locked regardless but I ended up finding a nice one for root that worked perfectly. Keep us updated! :good:

bmeek

Jun 2, 2007
The $34 "refurbished" XT1028 was still on v4.4.2 too!

Either way I think you'll really like it. We love ours, I just got lucky and was fully expecting to get updated, locked boot loaders. The main reasons I wanted unlocked/rooted was to have a wifi hotspot and freeze the bloat. I learned the hard way that the native hotspot is locked regardless but I ended up finding a nice one for root that worked perfectly. Keep us updated! :good:
Well my mother's new(ish) xt1028 arrived and it was running v4.4.2 so I rooted & sunshined and I'm now looking for the "latest & greatest" TWRP that's compatible with this device, then I'll flash the most recent radio and the debloated stock ROM you referenced earlier...

My own phones have always had their own Verizon-specific forums with clear references to where I can find the correct and most-current resources. Here, I'm finding a number of things about the XT1032 that doesn't necessarily apply to this XT1028 variant. Anyway, thanks for the help!

Slenderman8090

Aug 7, 2015
Bay city
www.meltechos.ga
LG V20
Roms Needed?

Hey Bud! Developer and Personal ROMer here! Have alot of experience when it comes to some of this stuff. :D I will be working Twards CDMA Versions of the Motorola Moto G! Maybe MIUI V7 for CDMA? I'll try and work on it for Verizon and Boost Mobiles' Moto G Variants. I could use some help for development. ;) Help would be appreciated but isn't necessarily needed. Thanks!

P.S. I'm not allowed to post at the moment because I made a new account, I forgot my password to my other account but ohwell.

~Slenderman8090
----------------------------------
Considering? Use this QR Code to share with buddies!
[QRCODE][/QRCODE]

Top Liked Posts