[ROM][JB 4.2.2][CM10.1] for Lenovo Ideapad K1 3G+Wifi

Search This thread

kaschemme

May 5, 2011
Berlin
Welcome to the CM10.1 for the Lenovo Ideapad K1

Legal disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you brick your tablet, or have other damages in the process.

Features:
  • Multi User support (max. 5 User)
  • WIFI
  • Overclocking ( max. 1,4 GHz)
  • GPS
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera front/back
  • HD video/audio
  • externe SD-Card
  • USB-Stick support
  • Gyro
  • Auto brightness (bugy)
  • Hardware / Software Rotation Lock
  • VPN Support
  • 3G support
  • Home button
  • CWM 6.0.3.3

Install Procedure 1
You come from CM10, no wipe needed

1. Download Update and Gapps and save to SD card
2. Reoboot into Recovery Mode
3. Once in recovery, select the update file to be flashed
4. select the gapps file to be flashed
5. Reboot

Install Procedure 2
You come from a stock or other CM version
Full Wipe, all data will be gone

1. Download the nvflash and save it on your PC
2. Power down and enter APX mode on your tablet, with the USB cable connected to the PC
3. Run flash-win.bat or flash-linux.sh (depending on what your PC runs)
4. After table has booted, enter settings and select about tablet. touch 7 time on build number. Your developer option are visible.
5. Go to settings, Developer options and select Advanced reboot
7. connect your tablet to the pc and save gapps on your sd card. Or download gapps via liink.
6. Go in Recovery via long press of Power, and select "Reboot" then "Recovery"
5. Flash the gapps package that you downloaded in step 1.
6. Reboot

Downloads:
First update 3G Version or
NVFlash 3G or Mirror

First Update Wifi Version or
NVFlash Wifi or Mirror

Important. Only that Gapps version will work !!!
Google Apps alias GApps or Mirror

Current Releases (date 2013-09-26):
Wifi Version
3G Version

Bugs:
  • light sensor (never worked correct)
  • Wifi (works just with "keep Wi-Fi on during sleep, always")
  • Headset detection

Credits:
KHanning
Krook1
Breeder (Testing)
Koshu
and finally Codeworkx for so many tips !!! :good:

Info / Tips

- Developer settings: go in settings and select about tablet. Press 7 times on build number

Recovery Update

The Recovery will be updated with nightly version of the 18-07-2013.

Last edited:

Hetalk

Sep 30, 2011
Ahmedabad
Awesome work buddy !!. Downloading it. But will flash over the weekend.
Thanks for continuing work on this device.

ti-pich

Sep 11, 2012
Québec
Nice work! I've flashed it yesterday when you posted it on goo.im and it's running nice so far. Got sod but I put wifi to always on, anyways it doesn't seem to drain too much battery. Also maybe you should update the recovery as this one cause 0 folder nesting when flashing(I got emulated/0/0/0...) and this is repaired with newer recovery, I don't remind wich number. Everything else seem to be working perfectly, some little strange thing but I think it's due to CM nighlties and could be working correctly later. I'll thank you so much for keeping our device alive. Keep it going.

Edit: The recovery issue is fixed since cwm 6.0.2.3 and we got 6.0.1.1 so that's why it's nesting but that isn't dangerous or anything, it can be deleted and the data are simply at the bottom of the 0 folders tree.

Last edited:

Mordred69

Jun 20, 2011
San Juan, PR
www.hammedsilva.com

Thank you, kaschemme! Will download and flash when I get home as my tablet does not have too much data. THANK YOU!!!

Nice work! I've flashed it yesterday when you posted it on goo.im and it's running nice so far. Got sod but I put wifi to always on, anyways it doesn't seem to drain too much battery. Also maybe you should update the recovery as this one cause 0 folder nesting when flashing(I got emulated/0/0/0...) and this is repaired with newer recovery, I don't remind wich number. Everything else seem to be working perfectly, some little strange thing but I think it's due to CM nighlties and could be working correctly later. I'll thank you so much for keeping our device alive. Keep it going.

Edit: The recovery issue is fixed since cwm 6.0.2.3 and we got 6.0.1.1 so that's why it's nesting but that isn't dangerous or anything, it can be deleted and the data are simply at the bottom of the 0 folders tree.

Where can I get this recovery file to flash on my tablet? Thanks! :good:

K1Andy

Oct 5, 2012
Hey, kaschemme, thanks so much for the update! I am looking forward to giving it a try, although I do use the USB Storage function a lot (it's the easiest way to copy movies onto my K1), so I might wait until after my vacation to do the update. I'd also like to see how the GPS functions are working, since I use my K1 a lot when I go geocaching. But it's wonderful to see that the K1 is still moving forward! :good:

ti-pich

Sep 11, 2012
Québec
Hey, kaschemme, thanks so much for the update! I am looking forward to giving it a try, although I do use the USB Storage function a lot (it's the easiest way to copy movies onto my K1), so I might wait until after my vacation to do the update. I'd also like to see how the GPS functions are working, since I use my K1 a lot when I go geocaching. But it's wonderful to see that the K1 is still moving forward! :good:

USB connection to a computer do work for me on ubuntu 13.04 better than it ever worked. I think by USB storage he is meaning USB OTG, like plugging a usb key directly in the K1 with the almost inexistant lenovo adapter.

Reactions: taofee

K1Andy

Oct 5, 2012
USB connection to a computer do work for me on ubuntu 13.04 better than it ever worked. I think by USB storage he is meaning USB OTG, like plugging a usb key directly in the K1 with the almost inexistant lenovo adapter.
Right, USB host support (attaching a USB flash drive to the K1) is exactly what I mean, and what I use. I was fortunate enough to get one of those non-existent adapters.

Reactions: ti-pich

Mordred69

Jun 20, 2011
San Juan, PR
www.hammedsilva.com
There isn't nvflash folder in kaschemme. For me kaschemme/CM10/nvflash/nvflash_CM10.1_Wifi_Kaschemme_v1.zip download without any issue.

The problem is the NVFlash links.
The file is not at http://goo.im/devs/kaschemme/nvflash/nvflash_CM10.1_Wifi_Kaschemme_v1.zip
The file is at http://goo.im/devs/kaschemme/cm10/nvflash/nvflash_CM10.1_Wifi_Kaschemme_v1.zip

Means it is inside the CM10 directory :D (linkage truncates whole sentence)

Thanks, ti-pich! Thanks Kaschemme!

Reactions: wmarcin and ti-pich

ti-pich

Sep 11, 2012
Québec
Right, USB host support (attaching a USB flash drive to the K1) is exactly what I mean, and what I use. I was fortunate enough to get one of those non-existent adapters.

You are really lucky then, this is probably the only thing missing on this tablet, and that's why I'm waiting for google to release their nexus 7 full hd with a regular micro usb. Anyway, sorry I misunderstood what you said.

Reactions: long888

K1Andy

Oct 5, 2012
Kaschemme,

nvflash_CM10.1_Wifi_Kaschemme_v1.zip is corrupt. Downloaded 4 times. :(
I downloaded it, and it does appear to have the correct MD5 hash signature, but if I try to open or extract it using Windows Explorer, I also get a message that it is invalid or corrupted. However, if I use 7-Zip, it seems to open and extract with no problem. Perhaps it was built using some type of zip compression that isn't supported by the built-in Windows compression tools?

Mordred69

Jun 20, 2011
San Juan, PR
www.hammedsilva.com
I downloaded it, and it does appear to have the correct MD5 hash signature, but if I try to open or extract it using Windows Explorer, I also get a message that it is invalid or corrupted. However, if I use 7-Zip, it seems to open and extract with no problem. Perhaps it was built using some type of zip compression that isn't supported by the built-in Windows compression tools?

Thank you. I was using winrar which is what I always use. In any case, I flashed this rom's cwm version over krook1's nvflash starter v2 and it worked, but gives me the same errors as krook1's version 6.1, which are random apps closing with no explanation whatsoever... Not even a "sorry, xyz app has forced closed" message. Keep in mind this is a fresh install.

This flash also started complaining that email had closed right from the start, too. I hope this helps you guys...

Jul 4, 2013
hei Kaschemme.

thanks u so much!!!
this rom run so well.. the performance got better from the previous one.
i dont found any bug yet, but i read ur first post, that there is a bug on Headset detection...
let me try when i got home

anyway, great job!

Edited :

i just try to plug my headset on my K1..
And it works well..
So up to now, i dont found a bug yet...
Cool!

Last edited:

Hetalk

Sep 30, 2011
Ahmedabad
Thank you. I was using winrar which is what I always use. In any case, I flashed this rom's cwm version over krook1's nvflash starter v2 and it worked, but gives me the same errors as krook1's version 6.1, which are random apps closing with no explanation whatsoever... Not even a "sorry, xyz app has forced closed" message. Keep in mind this is a fresh install.

This flash also started complaining that email had closed right from the start, too. I hope this helps you guys...

Take a nandroid backup and try doing a clean flash (factory reset then flash), in case you did a dirty flash.

vitoski

Mar 1, 2009
Poland

Would you please let me know which version of 7-zip you used to extract the files from nvflash archive?
I tried 9.20 and 9.30alpha and both give me 'unsupported compression method' :(

Wysyłane z mojego GT-I9100 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Legal disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you brick your tablet, or have other damages in the process.

Features:
    • Multi User support (max. 5 User)
    • WIFI
    • Overclocking ( max. 1,4 GHz)
    • GPS
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera front/back
    • HD video/audio
    • externe SD-Card
    • USB-Stick support
    • Gyro
    • Auto brightness (bugy)
    • Hardware / Software Rotation Lock
    • VPN Support
    • 3G support
    • Home button
    • CWM 6.0.3.3

Install Procedure 1
    You come from CM10, no wipe needed

1. Download Update and Gapps and save to SD card
    2. Reoboot into Recovery Mode
    3. Once in recovery, select the update file to be flashed
    4. select the gapps file to be flashed
    5. Reboot

Install Procedure 2
    You come from a stock or other CM version
    Full Wipe, all data will be gone

1. Download the nvflash and save it on your PC
    2. Power down and enter APX mode on your tablet, with the USB cable connected to the PC
    3. Run flash-win.bat or flash-linux.sh (depending on what your PC runs)
    4. After table has booted, enter settings and select about tablet. touch 7 time on build number. Your developer option are visible.
    5. Go to settings, Developer options and select Advanced reboot
    7. connect your tablet to the pc and save gapps on your sd card. Or download gapps via liink.
    6. Go in Recovery via long press of Power, and select "Reboot" then "Recovery"
    5. Flash the gapps package that you downloaded in step 1.
    6. Reboot

Downloads:
    First update 3G Version or
    NVFlash 3G or Mirror

First Update Wifi Version or
    NVFlash Wifi or Mirror

Important. Only that Gapps version will work !!!
    Google Apps alias GApps or Mirror

Current Releases (date 2013-09-26):
    Wifi Version
    3G Version

Bugs:
    • light sensor (never worked correct)
    • Wifi (works just with "keep Wi-Fi on during sleep, always")
    • Headset detection

Credits:
    KHanning
    Krook1
    Breeder (Testing)
    Koshu
    and finally Codeworkx for so many tips !!! :good:

Info / Tips

- Developer settings: go in settings and select about tablet. Press 7 times on build number

Recovery Update

The Recovery will be updated with nightly version of the 18-07-2013.
    CM10.1.3 - Release

I've completed the release version for our K1.
    The files are already up on the file server but I've to test the version.

Tomorrow you could check the OTA updater and download the 3g or wifi version.

Here is the changelog:
    CyanogenMod 10.1.3 Release
    - CMAccount (https://account.cyanogenmod.org)
    - OC Kernel
    + max. 1.4 Ghz
    + add UHID / HID Driver
    + optimized battery usage
    + small BCM4329 fix
    - Updated system apps
    + CatLog
    + OTA Updater
    + RootBrowser
    - Removed GooManager
    - add smaller font footprint
    - some Bluetooth fixes (But they don't work)
    - CWM 6.0.3.5 (CWM will install automatic)
    - Data Usage reactivated
    - removed Lenovo bootanimaton (creates black screen during the booting)
    ->My AnTuTu Score 10348
    CM10.2 (Android 4.3)

I just want let you know, that I'll delete my CM10 build system (not CM10.1). Yesterday came the information about CM10.2 (Android 4.3).

Our current source code isn't really the best for the new system. I know a couple of things what must be in and that could be a problem.
    If someone is out there to work with me on the new CM10.2, he /she is welcome.
    Cross your Fingers for the new CM10.2 on our K1.
    new nightlies

I think today or tomorrow

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

I uploaded 2 new nightlies for our K1. Both are on the same patch level.
    The Changelogs is inside the Update tools but the important chnge is the CWM 6.0.3.5.
    The recovery will be updated during the update process.

3G Version via OTA Updater
    wifi Version via GooManager (last version, then next via OTA Updater)

Here are some info about the CM10.1 project. Link

EdiT: The Kernel OC is gone..... ;-( ....this is my mistake....
    I think today or tomorrow

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app