[GAME][2.2+] Save The Earth!

Search This thread

jay613

May 2, 2013
UNTIL THE END OF MARCH 2016, ALL IN-APP CURRENCY PURCHASES WILL BE 100% REFUNDED! GET YOUR FREE STARS NOW AND UNLOCK EVERYTHING

4DBYDxgRmHEEcrri1hY55H5d53SvrUhhN_b_Rj5AcNKznFGqIcJPe0AzXCWh2oj6iw=w705

Save The Earth is a side-scrolling arcade shooter which will put you in control of a young, but very courageous and powerful super hero!
The objective; defend the Earth from a race of blood-thirsty aliens whom have been traveling from planet to planet, sucking the life out
of everything living. In this action-packed, super-adventure, it's your mission to save the Earth and ultimately destroy the destructive
alien creeps with an arsenal of weapons and super powers. Prepare yourself, as these monsters call nowhere home. Their population
is vast and it's headed right for Earth! Everyone you've ever known is now relying on you to fend off a devastating attack from space.
Will you accept the mission?

- Destroy thousands of life-leeching aliens and defend the earth from a galaxy invasion with our super awesome super hero!

- Choose from over 30 items and combine up to 5 of your favourite items, weapons, or super powers to defeat the alien scum with
awesome weapon combos!

- Hours of fun and action-packed replay value in this non-stop world defense game. To top it off, challenge your friends and other
players from around the world with Swarm leaderboards!

- For the ones who love retro 2d arcade games with the innovative weapons system, Save The Earth combines strategy, physics,
and an awesome theme into a thrilling side-scrolling shooter.

- Combat alien bosses like your favourite super hero would, with cool and fun science-fiction and real-fiction weapons such as fireballs,
homing missiles, storm lighting, rockets, worm holes, teleportation, and much more!

- Fight your way through four different locations on Earth, including the city, the desert, the glaciers, and eventually work your
way through the atmosphere and take the fight to space!

3sjrWgQqzdMYt4dvsIU8xmGq5Xo_YvMU0KxUmOXlvx_IVzStbAL3fxIhu8dSnBAbxqM

440Z-Bdht91BmCo2SiW7LX9E-OZkDGNkLI6iZh3ePBdkObl7gk5Vc_UEh8YzGIFh_w

TZMGLO5HK8seQE6z2Rr6tT3kPMUHcyhaKth3STHZQ6zm5r2_MNCkYOSdezTTGWCKil6V

Take me to Google Play now!

Last edited:

jay613

May 2, 2013
Things are going well for us and we've been receiving lots of positive reviews both on Google Play from our users, as well as from the online Android communities.

We'd released an update recently with some bug fixes that take care of things like in-game ads getting through, some level selection issues, more missions, etc.

What we really need is more support in the North American region, so feel free to check the game out and spread the word!

imtoomuch

Dec 28, 2011
Phoenixville
You have a very good game here. I love the main character, the animations, and the cartoon-like graphics. The game is also pretty fun.

The huge negative is that you are asking $5.99 for the full game. That is way more than comparable games! I don't see you having much success at that price, sorry.

ehmjay

Mar 13, 2011
Milan
I think the game itself is unlocked.. 5,99 is if you want all the power ups and map to be unlocked without sweating it out yourself.. please correct me if I'm wrong.. this game is really additive plus the pocket change built in is really great.. it's good playing a game you like and even earning some tokens as you do it..

some suggestions for future updates:
- possibility to earn lives during game play (max 5 or 3)
- possibility to upgrade base weapon
- stronger and more challenging bosses

thanks devs for this amazing game!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

jay613

May 2, 2013
KS Lin: Sorry if it's not available in your country. Are you in a country where Google Play does not support yet? We've made our game available to everyone, but perhaps there's an issue with that right now.

ehmjay: You are correct about the game coming free, fully unlocked. We do not believe that free games should be paid for unless they're classified as a demo, but that is not the case here. We are integrating multiplayer and rankings as a form of competition (more info to follow on the multiplayer mode :p), and so if you do not want to play through all of the levels or grind your way to becoming a super hero with all of your powers, items, etc. you can instead purchase it all and save yourself a bit of time. We figure that the game will take at the very least a few hours to unlock everything you want if you're playing the most efficient path possible with purchases and missions. However this purchase is absolutely not necessary for anyone one to make, and you will not lose out on anything in the game by not purchasing anything with real money, ever.

As for your suggestions:

More lives: We've been hearing this a lot and while you can purchase armor in the shop which allows you to take 1 extra hit before dying, we might consider adding another layer of armor that can be purchased on top of that.

upgrades to base weapon: This is another idea that I've been thinking about, but haven't proposed yet to my partner. This is likely something that we will put into future updates, though, as enemies become stronger.

Stronger/challenging bosses: Of course! We have a lot more planned for our next couple of updates that we think will make the game MUCH more enjoyable and longer-lasting. Unfortunately I'm working out of country now and won't be home for 4 more weeks, so things are progressing a little bit slowly.

Thanks for all suggestions and support. I'll be sure to keep all update mentions posted here as they come!

tharealmb

Nov 17, 2008
I can't install the game. Play store says: (This app is not compatible with your Sony C6603)
i have the Xperia Z with Android 4.1.2 latest firmware.

tharealmb

Nov 17, 2008
i cleared the play store data. but it still won't install. (besides i'm trying to download it using Chrome on my computer, not the play store since it won't show up there.

maybe because its a t-mobile xperia z? i have a "clean" firmware though

Last edited:

Spectator_0o

Jan 9, 2011
Love the game

This game seems really fun. Only been playing it today but it's rather addictive.

One note though. Maybe think about moving the power activation to the bottom of the screen as it's really hard to hit the buttons on my phone without
A) it being awkward to press, commonly have to press it a few times.
B) covering the entire screen with my giant hand to reach the button (then I die)

I have auto-fire turned on because on my phone my thumb takes up too much space to use the fire button.

Also, this isn't a problem, just an aesthetic:cowboy, but when you pause the game the background still moves. Maybe stop the scrolling when it's paused.

;)

Phone: HTC Desire HD

Reactions: ehmjay

ehmjay

Mar 13, 2011
Milan
i cleared the play store data. but it still won't install. (besides i'm trying to download it using Chrome on my computer, not the play store since it won't show up there.

it might be that my bro hasn't updated yet to the latest firmware.. and he also has the international version.. but i really think it's weird coz the phones are the same.. u can try sideloading it but we have to ask for the devs permission first.. then I can take it from data/app for you..

Reactions: lucasdie

KS Lin

Aug 10, 2012
Yangon
KS Lin: Sorry if it's not available in your country. Are you in a country where Google Play does not support yet? We've made our game available to everyone, but perhaps there's an issue with that right now.

No. Play Store is supported in my country, Myanmar. Yeah, maybe there might be some issues with Play Store. It's still saying that the app is not available in my country.

Sent from my LT18i using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

jay613

May 2, 2013
This game seems really fun. Only been playing it today but it's rather addictive.

One note though. Maybe think about moving the power activation to the bottom of the screen as it's really hard to hit the buttons on my phone without
B) covering the entire screen with my giant hand to reach the button (then I die)

I have auto-fire turned on because on my phone my thumb takes up too much space to use the fire button.

Also, this isn't a problem, just an aesthetic:cowboy, but when you pause the game the background still moves. Maybe stop the scrolling when it's paused.

;)

Your points are completely valid (I feel the same way), though it is much easier to play on a tablet, which I do. However that's no excuse to restrict everyone to the same configuration. We'd actually had the inventory at the bottom in between the two controllers prior to release, but it just looked more natural up at the top. I will make an issue of this for our next update, adding an option to either play with the inventory where it is now or at the bottom of the screen for easier access.

As for the background not stopping on pause, thanks for reminding me. I must have just gotten used to it but it was definitely a priority of mine to fix while we were working on the game.

it might be that my bro hasn't updated yet to the latest firmware.. and he also has the international version.. but i really think it's weird coz the phones are the same.. u can try sideloading it but we have to ask for the devs permission first.. then I can take it from data/app for you..

Feel free to pass the game along so KS Lin can try it out if you wish.

Reactions: ehmjay

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UNTIL THE END OF MARCH 2016, ALL IN-APP CURRENCY PURCHASES WILL BE 100% REFUNDED! GET YOUR FREE STARS NOW AND UNLOCK EVERYTHING

4DBYDxgRmHEEcrri1hY55H5d53SvrUhhN_b_Rj5AcNKznFGqIcJPe0AzXCWh2oj6iw=w705

Save The Earth is a side-scrolling arcade shooter which will put you in control of a young, but very courageous and powerful super hero!
    The objective; defend the Earth from a race of blood-thirsty aliens whom have been traveling from planet to planet, sucking the life out
    of everything living. In this action-packed, super-adventure, it's your mission to save the Earth and ultimately destroy the destructive
    alien creeps with an arsenal of weapons and super powers. Prepare yourself, as these monsters call nowhere home. Their population
    is vast and it's headed right for Earth! Everyone you've ever known is now relying on you to fend off a devastating attack from space.
    Will you accept the mission?

- Destroy thousands of life-leeching aliens and defend the earth from a galaxy invasion with our super awesome super hero!

- Choose from over 30 items and combine up to 5 of your favourite items, weapons, or super powers to defeat the alien scum with
    awesome weapon combos!

- Hours of fun and action-packed replay value in this non-stop world defense game. To top it off, challenge your friends and other
    players from around the world with Swarm leaderboards!

- For the ones who love retro 2d arcade games with the innovative weapons system, Save The Earth combines strategy, physics,
    and an awesome theme into a thrilling side-scrolling shooter.

- Combat alien bosses like your favourite super hero would, with cool and fun science-fiction and real-fiction weapons such as fireballs,
    homing missiles, storm lighting, rockets, worm holes, teleportation, and much more!

- Fight your way through four different locations on Earth, including the city, the desert, the glaciers, and eventually work your
    way through the atmosphere and take the fight to space!

3sjrWgQqzdMYt4dvsIU8xmGq5Xo_YvMU0KxUmOXlvx_IVzStbAL3fxIhu8dSnBAbxqM

440Z-Bdht91BmCo2SiW7LX9E-OZkDGNkLI6iZh3ePBdkObl7gk5Vc_UEh8YzGIFh_w

TZMGLO5HK8seQE6z2Rr6tT3kPMUHcyhaKth3STHZQ6zm5r2_MNCkYOSdezTTGWCKil6V

Take me to Google Play now!

ehmjay: You are correct about the game coming free, fully unlocked. We do not believe that free games should be paid for unless they're classified as a demo, but that is not the case here. We are integrating multiplayer and rankings as a form of competition (more info to follow on the multiplayer mode :p), and so if you do not want to play through all of the levels or grind your way to becoming a super hero with all of your powers, items, etc. you can instead purchase it all and save yourself a bit of time. We figure that the game will take at the very least a few hours to unlock everything you want if you're playing the most efficient path possible with purchases and missions. However this purchase is absolutely not necessary for anyone one to make, and you will not lose out on anything in the game by not purchasing anything with real money, ever.

As for your suggestions:

More lives: We've been hearing this a lot and while you can purchase armor in the shop which allows you to take 1 extra hit before dying, we might consider adding another layer of armor that can be purchased on top of that.

upgrades to base weapon: This is another idea that I've been thinking about, but haven't proposed yet to my partner. This is likely something that we will put into future updates, though, as enemies become stronger.

Stronger/challenging bosses: Of course! We have a lot more planned for our next couple of updates that we think will make the game MUCH more enjoyable and longer-lasting. Unfortunately I'm working out of country now and won't be home for 4 more weeks, so things are progressing a little bit slowly.

Thanks for all suggestions and support. I'll be sure to keep all update mentions posted here as they come!
    Dude awesome Game! :D Would be even great if ads didnt start during games.

Sent from my GT-S3850
    Cheers!
    Xiao

There should be no ads appearing during gameplay. I'll be sure to have this issue taken care of for the next update.

Thanks for the heads-up.
    Love the game

;)