[APP][4.0.3+ & GB][XPOSED] NotifyClean

Search This thread

defim

Feb 18, 2012
Motorola Defy
Nexus 7 (2013)
Cleans up the notification area, and much more

You could configure which apps are allowed to create notifications in the top left area, the notification area. If an app creates a notification it will be collected and added to the list.
You could deny all notifications of an app or only specific messages - if it's not a customized notification. So I used it to hide "waiting for connection", but not "you are connected".
Changed settings are applied after a reboot!
With a donation you supports this app and get more options.

Important:
This app needs the Xposed Framework. The framework requires root access for installation. Don't forget to enable the module in Xposed. You can grab it here: Xposed Installer

Donation:
  • No self-promotion in the app.
  • Per app: Hide icon in status bar (collapsed notification area)
  • Per app: Show notification expanded by default (API>15)
  • Per app: Order of notifications (move up/down in the list)
  • Per app: Move to bottom of the list and hide the icon in the status bar
  • Per app: Deny full screen notifications
  • Per app: No floating-in (ticker) text in status bar
  • Per app: Disable LED
  • Per app: Disable vibration
  • Per app: Disable sound
  • Per app: Set notification as removable (ongoing), but also removes "service bit"
  • Per app: Remove a notification if a newly created was denied (remove updated)
  • Per app: Regex pattern matching
  • Per app: Tasker support
  • Clear unblocked notifications for all apps
  • Show all apps, even without notifications yet
  • You support this app and further development!

Play Store: http://tinyurl.com/mfcd47f
Xposed Repository: http://tinyurl.com/kyaeolu
Changelog: http://tinyurl.com/kuufkod

Why this app? I liked this function of LBE, but i wante to remove LBE :)

Translation:
You could find here a interface to translate the english strings: http://tinyurl.com/okycacj
A free account of www.oneskyapp.com is required to edit. Additional, please attach your email address or send it via PM ;)

Attachments

• notifyclean0.jpg
    notifyclean0.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 43,037
  • notifyclean1.jpg
    notifyclean1.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 37,686
  • notifyclean2.png
    notifyclean2.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 29,594
  • notifyclean3.png
    notifyclean3.png
    52.9 KB · Views: 24,493
  • notifyclean4.png
    notifyclean4.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 23,723
Last edited:

android404

Jan 19, 2013
Looks very interesting. Do you know in how far this might conflict or work with other, similar modules and/or on certain phones and android versions? Specifically I'm on an lg g2 with xblast installed and without a working recovery, and i don't want to risk a bootloop.

Publiuss

Jun 29, 2012
Looks very interesting. Do you know in how far this might conflict or work with other, similar modules and/or on certain phones and android versions? Specifically I'm on an lg g2 with xblast installed and without a working recovery, and i don't want to risk a bootloop.

No recovery, no party.
You are risking too much!

defim

Feb 18, 2012
Motorola Defy
Nexus 7 (2013)
Do you know in how far this might conflict or work with other, similar modules and/or on certain phones and android versions? Specifically I'm on an lg g2 with xblast installed and without a working recovery, and i don't want to risk a bootloop.

[*]Multiple mods can be installed at the same time, even if they change the same package. So you can use these battery icons and those quick toggles. Even hooking the same method twice is possible. Of course, this only works properly if the mods are not trying to do incompatible things.
[/LIST]

I've about 10 modules activated on my device. Xposed should catch all exceptions of modules

Reactions: MoHed

defim

Feb 18, 2012
Motorola Defy
Nexus 7 (2013)
, I've had bootloops when trying incompatible modules just for kicks.
Which modules exactly? Maybe one of them does'nt work, even without others

You're better off waiting for a proper recovery imo.

Manual "recovery":
* start adb within your recovery and connect to it by computer
* remove file /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/modules.list (for xposed 2.3)
-> no modules will beloaded :victory:

themadproducer

Aug 28, 2009
Which modules exactly? Maybe one of them does'nt work, even without others

Manual "recovery":
* start adb within your recovery and connect to it by computer
* remove file /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/modules.list (for xposed 2.3)
-> no modules will beloaded :victory:

Even easier...
I have a file named "Xposed-Disabler-cwm.zip" on my sd card. (I believe I downloaded it along with the main Xposed app)
If, due to a module, I get into a boot loop issue etc., which I have...then I simply boot into recovery (without a pc) and run this zip. Boom. All modules are temporarily disabled. :good:

flexxoo

May 15, 2010
California
No need for this. gravity have that option now and with out paying!!!!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

defim

Feb 18, 2012
Motorola Defy
Nexus 7 (2013)
@themadproducer
I have Xposed-Disabler-cwm.zip too, dated to 10.10.2013, Xposed installer creates it. But now you know to en-/disable without sdcard
@flexxoo As i wrote in the OP also LBE has such an option. But i dont like it to get additional an adblocker, virusscanner, firewall, traffic counte etc bundled. All these additional features consumes memory, uses the cpu and drain your battery.
Maybe you should first try the app before you blame. Then you would also know that you do not have to donate to block notifications

Reactions: themadproducer

motodroidfreak

Jul 13, 2010
DHS, CA.

Even easier...
I have a file named "Xposed-Disabler-cwm.zip" on my sd card. (I believe I downloaded it along with the main Xposed app)
If, due to a module, I get into a boot loop issue etc., which I have...then I simply boot into recovery (without a pc) and run this zip. Boom. All modules are temporarily disabled. :good:

Lol. They posted the manual "recovery" for a reason Lol.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 4

schneidebrett

Dec 8, 2007
Berlin!
Sadly it does not seem to work.

Log shows all recent Notifications but nothing shows up in the main window.
Running AOKP 4.2.2 by Maclaw on a S3 Mini
All other Xposed Stuff works fine.

[Edit]
Disregard it. Actually rebooted twice when i wrote this. After a third reboot its working now :D
Great App, thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: defim

Dovidhalevi

Jun 26, 2012
Works like a charm. Thanks for the module.

I would tend to want the red color for ALL, and something "weaker" for individual notifications.

Reactions: defim

defim

Feb 18, 2012
Motorola Defy
Nexus 7 (2013)
Sadly it does not seem to work.

Log shows all recent Notifications but nothing shows up in the main window.
Running AOKP 4.2.2 by Maclaw on a S3 Mini
All other Xposed Stuff works fine.

[Edit]
Disregard it. Actually rebooted twice when i wrote this. After a third reboot its working now :D
Great App, thanks a lot.

Different sources for both
1) The log entries are taken from debug.log of xposed
2) The database with notifications is updated by the hook every time a new one is detected (no more write access as needed), the app itself reads the file.
But the app has to create the file to get the app's permissions&owner, the hook does not creates it because the app could not read it later due to missing permissions. So the new notifications could not written, but are logged.
I add it to the 1st post

yeeahnick

Aug 3, 2011
When removing the notification does it remove the service or just the icon in the task bar?

Will android close the app when it needs memory or will the app stay open like when the icons are showing in the task bar?

Last edited:
Reactions: electricpete1

Scorpion_Ibm

Jun 14, 2013
Cairo
I wanted to use the module to remove the notification of "No Sim card" (I am currently using N8000 without a sim) it's found in the system ui notifications but when i select it and reboot nothing happens but then i restart system ui and the notification is gone
But when i select it and custom design then reboot it works but i dont know if this would disable other notifications.... .. so What's the problem?! :confused:

Last edited:

defim

Feb 18, 2012
Motorola Defy
Nexus 7 (2013)
When removing the notification does it remove the service or just the icon in the task bar?

Will android close the app when it needs memory or will the app stay open like when the icons are showing in the task bar?

Technical the app calls the function to create a notification, but this call never reches the system.
I'm using a other app by me named "KeepRunning" to restart crashed/closed apps. I've oberserve also some apps which are configured to not show notification. The logfile of KeepRunning tells me that during the last week only Whatsapp was several times was restarted, but this has no restricted notifications.
So i *think* the apps are not closed by Android. Btw, i the worst case Android closed any app, regardless of services or nifications

defim

Feb 18, 2012
Motorola Defy
Nexus 7 (2013)
I wanted to use the module to remove the notification of "No Sim card" (I am currently using N8000 without a sim) it's found in the system ui notifications but when i select it and reboot nothing happens but then i restart system ui and the notification is gone
But when i select it and custom design then reboot it works but i dont know if this would disable other notifications.... .. so What's the problem?! :confused:

Xposed framework has not function to get a "Context"
To get the texts of a notification a "Context" is required
So the module searches for a context to read the notification.
Now the "system ui" starts very early and at this point it seems a context is not yet available and the notification is detected as "text not readable" and the app shows it as "custom design" :-/ If later a context is available notifications of system ui are read correct.

So i think it thould be okay to disable custom design for system ui to get rid of "no sim" notification

You could simple recognize a real custom design of notifications. The app "My Data Manager" uses such a one for notifications, i've attached a screenshot and marked it

You could enable the full logging by creating a empty file /data/data/de.defim.apk.notifyclean/files/NotifyClean.logging , a reboot is required to take effect. Be warned, it could slow down your device, so enable it not all the time

Attachments

• device-2013-10-13-232621.jpg
    device-2013-10-13-232621.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 845
Last edited:
Reactions: Scorpion_Ibm

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cleans up the notification area, and much more

You could configure which apps are allowed to create notifications in the top left area, the notification area. If an app creates a notification it will be collected and added to the list.
    You could deny all notifications of an app or only specific messages - if it's not a customized notification. So I used it to hide "waiting for connection", but not "you are connected".
    Changed settings are applied after a reboot!
    With a donation you supports this app and get more options.

Important:
    This app needs the Xposed Framework. The framework requires root access for installation. Don't forget to enable the module in Xposed. You can grab it here: Xposed Installer

Donation:
    • No self-promotion in the app.
    • Per app: Hide icon in status bar (collapsed notification area)
    • Per app: Show notification expanded by default (API>15)
    • Per app: Order of notifications (move up/down in the list)
    • Per app: Move to bottom of the list and hide the icon in the status bar
    • Per app: Deny full screen notifications
    • Per app: No floating-in (ticker) text in status bar
    • Per app: Disable LED
    • Per app: Disable vibration
    • Per app: Disable sound
    • Per app: Set notification as removable (ongoing), but also removes "service bit"
    • Per app: Remove a notification if a newly created was denied (remove updated)
    • Per app: Regex pattern matching
    • Per app: Tasker support
    • Clear unblocked notifications for all apps
    • Show all apps, even without notifications yet
    • You support this app and further development!

Play Store: http://tinyurl.com/mfcd47f
    Xposed Repository: http://tinyurl.com/kyaeolu
    Changelog: http://tinyurl.com/kuufkod

Why this app? I liked this function of LBE, but i wante to remove LBE :)

Translation:
    You could find here a interface to translate the english strings: http://tinyurl.com/okycacj
    A free account of www.oneskyapp.com is required to edit. Additional, please attach your email address or send it via PM ;)
    Yes, Nougat support ist still planned and Oreo and for the other apps....
    Soryy, not had much time yet to finish Nougat support for NotifyClean. In this area Google changes always much. but you'll see the update when ist done :cowboy:
    Feature of next version: context menu with name of the app created the notification, options to open the app created the notification, original app-details & open NotifyClean highlighting the app created the notification
    Hey guys - I reached out to @defim and offered to redo the logo for this great xposed mod. He asked me to post here for feedback. I recommended not using #FF0000 and #0000FF on top of eachother, because they look harsh, in my opinion. The goal here was to soften it up and give it a more modern feel. While using less saturated colors, I tried to stick to using a complimentary-ish scheme.

Open to your feedback!

NotifyClean_Icon_512.png

2 more

Notification-Clean_SoloIcon512.png

Mockup
    NotifyClean_Mockup.png