[Q] Best Place for User in the US to Buy an Unlocked Z1 Compact From?

Search This thread

Cliff Clavin

Jan 22, 2014
How's everybody doing?

I'm looking to order an unlocked Z1 Compact either tonight or tomorrow and am wondering the best and most reliable sites to purchase from?

Also, I imagine I lose the Sony warranty with an unlocked Compact because it's not available in the US market right?

Is it a wise idea to buy a SquareSoft 2 year warranty from Ebay or Amazon? I've been trying to research them and am getting mixed results including a lot of complaints of them scamming and semi-scamming on claim attempts, but often the bad reviews and experiences are the loudest and most glaring.

Anybody have experience with any of the following re-sellers?

Negri Electronics
Wireless Everything(through Amazon)
Cells4U
Techno Trading House(through Ebay)
Never-MSRP(through Ebay)

Open to other suggestions of well of course, but I really need to get this in by say Monday, so not looking for any super long wait international shippers unless the price and reliability of the seller was superb, but even then any issues probably mean international return shipping on my dime so I'm a little sketchy on those options.

Sony won't sell them direct to US customers... :eek:

Thanks in advance guys, really excited to get this phone!

cesararv

Sep 13, 2009
Expansys USA
Hands down the best site for us customers ...
I got 4 phones from them and all came in sealed
Box all accessories and US wall adapter....

Reactions: LaZiODROID

charlatan01

Jan 10, 2008
Denver
No doubt, hands down the best I've purchased from is Clove. I have purchased two phones from them, the first needed some repair, and they were very good about facilitating the process and getting it back to me. No need to look elsewhere.

Reactions: Cliff Clavin

Cliff Clavin

Jan 22, 2014
Thanks everybody. I ordered the phone about a half hour ago from Amazon, went with Wireless Everything.

Ordered a case, some tempered glass screen protectors and a cheap rubber case.

Think I might wind up with a Devil Case once they drop them for the Compact if it will fit over the screen protector.

Really excited to get this, I'm coming from a REALLY old phone that had died and came back to life so many times it was basically a zombie.

Thanks everybody. I ordered the phone about a half hour ago from Amazon, went with Wireless Everything.

Ordered a case, some tempered glass screen protectors and a cheap rubber case.

Think I might wind up with a Devil Case once they drop them for the Compact if it will fit over the screen protector.

Really excited to get this, I'm coming from a REALLY old phone that had died and came back to life so many times it was basically a zombie.

Good luck. You're going to love this phone. I have nothing but good to say about it. (except I see it's about $20 less now than when I ordered it)

What carrier are you on? I'm on T-Mobile and both H+ and LTE work perfectly.

Cliff Clavin

Jan 22, 2014
Good luck. You're going to love this phone. I have nothing but good to say about it. (except I see it's about $20 less now than when I ordered it)

What carrier are you on? I'm on T-Mobile and both H+ and LTE work perfectly.

I am also on T-Mobile. Been using a HTC G2 that was almost 4 years old before it perma-bricked about 2 weeks ago and have been using a BB Bold borrowed from a friend since then while I've been deciding what phone to go with and from where.

scotth324

May 1, 2011
I ordered from Expansys Canada but the phone shipped out the States. When it came the box had been opened and a charger adaptor was included. Maybe should have gone through Amazon. Phone is working well but had to manually put the Rogers Canada APN in. Great phone though.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Also, I imagine I lose the Sony warranty with an unlocked Compact because it's not available in the US market right?

For what it's worth I contacted USA xperia support and asked them about this. They said that it doesn't matter if the unit is not available to purchase in USA, and that I have a 1 year warranty on my phone that would be honored in a sony usa service center. I have my doubts about the quality of the service but it sounds like at least we're not stuck with no warranty at all.

Sent from my D5503

lamenramen

Jul 19, 2011
For what it's worth I contacted USA xperia support and asked them about this. They said that it doesn't matter if the unit is not available to purchase in USA, and that I have a 1 year warranty on my phone that would be honored in a sony usa service center. I have my doubts about the quality of the service but it sounds like at least we're not stuck with no warranty at all.

Sent from my D5503

I have my Z1 compact in for repair at Sony, and they don't sell it in my country.
Sony said that they would repair it, but no guarantees on the turnaround time. It's usually 14 days. business days.
That's for phones that they repair all the time. They said that they may have to send the phone out to a diff repair center in another country.

I got a lemon where the Z1 would sometimes detected my sim, and sometimes not. Faulty sim card contacts in the phone or something like that.I'm chalking it up to bad luck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Expansys USA
    Hands down the best site for us customers ...
    I got 4 phones from them and all came in sealed
    Box all accessories and US wall adapter....
    I got mine from Amazon.com, seller My-Wish-List. No complaints. Not sure on warranty but I wouldn't expect much from Sony even if bought legitimately. I was counting on Amazon.com to back me up if the phone was DOA.

Sent from my D5503 using xda app-developers app
    No doubt, hands down the best I've purchased from is Clove. I have purchased two phones from them, the first needed some repair, and they were very good about facilitating the process and getting it back to me. No need to look elsewhere.
    Hi, here in Singapore,it actually sells for about 500USD so i would consider it a good bargain.