[Q] BRICKED My Phone! I Need To HelpEMERGENCY PLS

Search This thread

natmacax

Apr 30, 2014
Istanbul
I had a problem now and i am not found the solution. I bricked my phone after Full wipe

sorry for my bad english.

Phone is: HTC ONE S (s4)

super cid, unlocked, rooted, hboot 2.16, radio 1.35a
recovery: TWRP 2.7.x
last rom before i full wipe; viperOneS 3 (4.2.2) and before i installed the kernel maximus hd 's kernel

Pls not send me the link; because i try to everything to i found the forum links/posts. i search to forums for 4-5 hours no result for my kind of problem

Now: i can't flash rom and i phone not open
what i did ?

1. adb reboot-bootloader and open the Recovery (TWRP 2.7.x)
2. I do Full Wipe; Factory Reset, Wipe Cache, data, system, dalvik & format Data menus
3. my rom zip is gone on the SD CArd. ok it's normal. i need to recopy rom.zip to sd card

i think ; flash the rom via sideload / adb push methods. WTF ! 2 options are not work for some errors.

Problems;

ADB Sideload feature ; error device not found. i investigate the problem and i see the Phone driver not installed on the Windows. (win 8.1.1)
Device Manager look; One S (unknown device)

EDIT: i try on the Windows 7 laptop but result is same. windows doesn't recognize the phone when the Recovery Mode. and i can't sideload feature

Ok , i try to push .

Phone is start screen but no start because no have OS ! but when the mode device manager phone is OK
try this things;

adb push rom.zip /sdcard ERROR : No such file or directory
adb push rom.zip sdcard ERROR : No such file or directory
adb push rom.zip /sdcard/ ERROR: no such file or directory
adb push rom.zip /sdcard/rom.zip ERROR: Is a Directory
adb push rom.zip /data/media/0/ ERROR: Is a directory

bla bla bla i try to every possibilities

i m tired and i think to destroy my phone :( PLS HELP ME

I arrived at the point; i need to flash rom but how to copy zip to SD card ?

Last edited:

casu91

Jul 27, 2012
Sorry for my english too xD
I had the same problem last week.
Try to go in bootloader, then in fastboot and connect the device to the PC, from the PC with the Promt go in your adb folder
Code:
cd c:/[I]position of your folder[/I]
then test if adb sees your device with the command
Code:
adb devices
If it's ok then try again to push again the ROM with the command
Code:
adb push [I]name_of_the_file.zip[/I] /sdcard/zip.rom

natmacax

Apr 30, 2014
Istanbul
Sorry for my english too xD
I had the same problem last week.
Try to go in bootloader, then in fastboot and connect the device to the PC, from the PC with the Promt go in your adb folder
Code:
cd c:/[I]position of your folder[/I]
then test if adb sees your device with the command
Code:
adb devices
If it's ok then try again to push again the ROM with the command
Code:
adb push [I]name_of_the_file.zip[/I] /sdcard/zip.rom

thnx man, but when i go to fastboot, ADB devices are empty ? no adb push command work.

fastboot devices command works but did not help me the problem

thanks in other adviseee

natmacax

Apr 30, 2014
Istanbul
doesn't work ADB on fastboot mode. both of win 7 and win 8.

BUT in the fastboot mode no driver problem ! i dont understand, you say ; when phone in the fastboot mode, adb push command should work ?

BTW, just now in the fastboot mode, its finally fastboot flash zip rom.zip command works, but *UCKN the new problem occurs :(:(:(:(

when the write flash command, error : data length is too large!

i investigate this problem now, do you know the problem root cause ?

benJX

Dec 16, 2010
I had a problem now and i am not found the solution. I bricked my phone after Full wipe

[..]

i m tired and i think to destroy my phone :( PLS HELP ME

I arrived at the point; i need to flash rom but how to copy zip to SD card ?

In a last try you can simply downgrade your hboot and run last ruu. Then re-uprade your hboot and so ;)

Edit : ADB doesn't work in fastboot mode

Last edited:

natmacax

Apr 30, 2014
Istanbul
In a last try you can simply downgrade your hboot and run last ruu. Then re-uprade your hboot and so ;)

just now in the fastboot mode, its finally fastboot flash zip rom.zip command works, but i have a new problem

does have a any solution for this ?

also, you sayed upgrade downgrade hboot.... this is solution of the adb push problem ?

thnx

casu91

Jul 27, 2012
doesn't work ADB on fastboot mode. both of win 7 and win 8.

BUT in the fastboot mode no driver problem ! i dont understand, you say ; when phone in the fastboot mode, adb push command should work ?

BTW, just now in the fastboot mode, its finally fastboot flash zip rom.zip command works, but *UCKN the new problem occurs :(:(:(:(

i investigate this problem now, do you know the problem root cause ?

Sorry if I wasn't clear, what i was saying is that adb push command should work if your adb drivers are working!

I think that's a good solution if you can't push the zip with adb commands, I didn't think of that because when I had the problem I did it with the adb command

Last edited:

benJX

Dec 16, 2010
I think that's a good solution if you can't push the zip with adb commands, I didn't think of that because when I had the problem I did it with the adb command

also, you sayed upgrade downgrade hboot.... this is solution of the adb push problem ?

I'm not sure about what I'm saying but adb sideload doesn't work on recoveries made for hboot 2.16, aswell as mounting sdcard.
When you try to adb sideload from modded recovery for 2.16, it recognizes only 48mb of memory that's why you can't use it. But I repeat I'm not sure about it I never had to use adb sideload.

Edit : And you cannot flash a rom with fastboot. Flashing zip from it has to be done only when you want ot uprgade/downgrade firmware files in ruu mode

Last edited:

natmacax

Apr 30, 2014
Istanbul
I'm not sure about what I'm saying but adb sideload doesn't work on recoveries made for hboot 2.16, aswell as mounting sdcard.
When you try to adb sideload from modded recovery for 2.16, it recognizes only 48mb of memory that's why you can't use it. But I repeat I'm not sure about it I never had to use adb sideload.

Edit : And you cannot flash a rom with fastboot. Flashing zip from it has to be done only when you want ot uprgade/downgrade firmware files in ruu mode

IT'S FINALLY OVER :)

THANKS FOR ALL

i think the problem as you sad, hboot & TWRP version !

i downgrade hboot 2.16 > modded 2.15 (then i try flash rom sideload or pus, via twrp 2.7 didn't work)

then i reflash recovery downgrade TWRP 2.6.3 and all it works

i flash the rom via adb sideload, all it works.