[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL][STABLE] TWRP [S4 mini] v3.2.0-1 | Updated 2017-12-06

Search This thread

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
TWRP for S4 mini (GT-I9190 + GT-I9192 + GT-I9195)
v3.2.0-1 (STABLE)
+ v3.2.0-0 (TRYOUTs)

mnkt.png

TWRP is an open source, community project. TWRP development is done by roughly 4 people at this point. TWRP also have a large support community with many people who are willing to answer questions and help people with their devices either through our IRC channel or on forums like xda-developers.

TeamWin was originally formed to work on porting WiMAX to CM7 for the HTC EVO 4G. After their work on the EVO 4G they wanted to work on a project that would work on more devices than just the EVO 4G and they settled on working on a recovery. Today TWRP is the leading custom recovery for Android phones.

DISCLAIMER : TeamWin team and myself will never ever be responsible for any damage you do to your device !

ALL CREDIT GOES TO AND ONLY TO :

-> TeamWin & OmniROM teams (TWRP tree).
-> CyanogenMod team (ROM + device + kernel trees).
-> @k2wl (DS device tree).
-> TheMuppets team (vendor tree).

NOTE : i am not affiliated with any of the teams mentioned above...

THANKS TO :

-> @F4k (for helping me a lot).
-> @Dees_Troy (for sharing some of his knowledge with me).
-> @arco68 (for helping me to restore the brightness control and crypto. features).
-> @thomson.aa (for sharing one way to fix TWRP booting process for S4 mini).
-> @alexax66 (for sharing early GT-I9192 TWRP builds which were based off one of mine).
-> @Xmaster24 (screenshots).
-> @noppy22 for testing crypto. features out.

INSTALLATION :

=> Option 1 : your device does not have any custom recovery yet ! Please download the 7zipped .tar.md5 file of your choice below, then flash it through Odin (windows OS).
=> Option 2 : a custom recovery has already been flashed to your device ! Please download the flashable .zip file of your choice below and flash it from recovery as usual.

BIG ORANGE WARNING : if you are coming from regular / PhilZ CWM or legacy TWRP, then please do prefer the Odin way ! Thank you !

QUICK ODIN HOWTO : assuming that your Odin installation for S4 mini is OK (thanks @arco68 for this) !
  1. Turn your device OFF.
  2. Press AND hold 'PWR' + 'VOL. DOWN' + 'HOME' buttons.
  3. Connect your USB cable and press 'VOL. UP' button to confirm that you want to enter into DL mode.
  4. Start Odin, uncheck "F. Reset Time", and then click 'AP' button.
  5. Select my 'recovery.tar.md5' file that you previously extracted from my 7zip archive and press 'Start' button. The phone will reboot when finished.
  6. When the phone begins to vibrate just before rebooting : IMMEDIATELY press and hold 'VOL. UP' + 'HOME' buttons to boot straightly into your new recovery. <= THIS LAST STEP IS NEEDED ONLY ON SOME S4 MINI DEVICES TO ACHIEVE THE FLASHING PROCESS SUCCESSFULLY.

DOWNLOADS :
  • => STABLE branch : (NEW) 1 version per device built for stability, full crypto. support for both EXT4 and F2FS (fixed with @arco68 help, thanks !)... EXT4+F2FS; built along with LOS's NOUGAT ROM tree !
    • custom TWRP v3.2.0-1 OREO enabled for S4 mini (3G variant AKA GT-I9190) | STABLE (2017-12-06) :
      => Odin | recovery
    • custom TWRP v3.2.0-1 OREO enabled for S4 mini (DS variant AKA GT-I9192) | STABLE (2017-12-06) :
      => Odin | recovery
    • custom TWRP v3.2.0-1 OREO enabled for S4 mini (LTE variant AKA GT-I9195) | STABLE (2017-12-06) :
      => Odin | recovery

BIG ORANGE WARNING : please be aware that this build is failing with LOS''s recovery updating feature ATM...

• => DEV branch : no files ATM..., should be as stable as the regular one...

• => TRYOUTs : v3.2.0-0 (NEW) NEED TESTING !!! => see post #1582 for details...

TWRP CHANGELOG : please look at post #2

INFO : STABLE branch DOWNLOADS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE FROM THE DOWNLOADS TAB OF THIS PROJECT.

NOTE : i've started building it for myself, now i'm sharing it ! Feel free to report back... Any feedback will ever be greatly appreciated !

NOTE : if you are interested in my work and download my files, please report back AND hit my 'THANKS!' button if you think i deserve it ! Thank you !​

PS : TWRP for S4 mini is available as three separate download categories : STABLE, DEV & TRYOUTS ! The DEV branch is based off the stable one and is including features that are not available in the STABLE one yet (as upstream not merged commits...) ! So the DEV branch is as stable as the STABLE one except for currently previewed features...​

Happy flashing !

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP for S4 mini (3G/DS/LTE) [UNOFFICIAL], Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini

Contributors
ne0zone75, arco68, jason972000, thomson.aa + alexax66
Source Code: https://github.com/ne0zone75

Version Information
Current Stable Version: STABLE
Stable Release Date: 2017-12-06
Current Beta Version: TRYOUTs
Beta Release Date: 2017-12-03

Created 2014-03-11
Last Updated 2017-12-06

Attachments

• twrp_welcome_screen.png
    twrp_welcome_screen.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 49,926
  • twrp_install_menu.png
    twrp_install_menu.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 49,595
  • twrp_wipe_menu.png
    twrp_wipe_menu.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 49,341
  • twrp_advanced_wipe_menu.png
    twrp_advanced_wipe_menu.png
    43.9 KB · Views: 44,514
  • twrp_backup_menu.png
    twrp_backup_menu.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 43,294
  • twrp_restore_menu.png
    twrp_restore_menu.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 42,321
  • twrp_mount_menu.png
    twrp_mount_menu.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 41,045
  • twrp_settings_menu.png
    twrp_settings_menu.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 40,262
  • twrp_advanced_menu.png
    twrp_advanced_menu.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 39,721
  • twrp_file_manager.png
    twrp_file_manager.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 38,604
  • twrp_terminal.png
    twrp_terminal.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 38,014
  • twrp_reboot_menu.png
    twrp_reboot_menu.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 33,039
Last edited:

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
Reserved

TWRP CHANGELOG
(grabbed from official TeamWin website)​

v3.0.0
  • Completely new theme - Much more modern and much nicer looking (by z31s1g)
  • True Terminal Emulator - Includes arrow keys, tab and tab completion, etc. (by _that)
  • Language translation - It won’t be perfect and especially some languages that require large font files like Chinese & Japanese won’t be availble on most devices. Also some languages may only be partially translated at this time. Feel free to submit more translations to OmniROM’s Gerrit. (mostly by Dees_Troy)
  • Flashing of sparse images - On select devices you will be able to flash some parts of factory images via the TWRP GUI (by HashBang173)
  • Adopted storage support for select devices - TWRP can now decrypt adopted storage partitions from Marshmallow
  • Reworked graphics to bring us more up to date with AOSP - includes support for adf and drm graphics (by Dees_Troy)
  • SuperSU prompt will no longer display if a Marshmallow ROM is installed
  • Update exfat, exfat fuse, dosfstools (by mdmower)
  • Update AOSP base to 6.0
  • A huge laundry list of other minor fixes and tweaks

v3.0.1
  • support new CM 13.0 pattern encryption (sultanqasim)
  • fix slow flashing issue due to modprobe (present on only some devices) (#twrp)
  • libtar updated to latest upstream and fixes (jcadduono)
  • fixes for loading custom themes (_that)
  • TWRP will now detect and install TWRP themes automatically through the normal zip install process (Dees_Troy)
  • translation updates - added Italian, Czech and Polish and significant updates to Dutch
  • progress bar improvements - progress bar updates during image flashing and better tracks progress during file system backups (tar) (Dees_Troy)
  • fix input box text display (Dees_Troy)
  • reboot option after zip install complete (bigbiff)
  • other mostly invisible bug fixes and improvements

v3.0.2
  • Fix a bug with the input box that affected masked inputs (passwords). This fixes decrypt of full device encryption on devices that support decrypt. This bug also impacts encrypted backups. Users are highly encouraged to stop using 3.0.1 if you use encrypted backups or if you need decrypt of data in TWRP.
  • Add Greek translation to some builds.

v3.0.3
N/A

v3.1.0
  • vold decrypt on a few select HTC devices, TWRP will now attempt to use the system partition's vold and vdc binaries and libraries to decrypt the data partition (nkk71 and CaptainThrowback)
  • adb backup to stream a backup directly to or from your PC, see documentation here (bigbiff)
  • tweak MTP startup routines (mdmower)
  • support new Android 7.x xattrs for backup and restore to fix loss of data after a restore (Dees_Troy)
  • support POSIX file capabilities backup and restore to fix VoLTE on HTC devices and possibly other issues (Dees_Troy)
  • better indicate to users that internal storage is not backed up (Dees_Troy)
  • improve automatic determination of TW_THEME (mdmower)
  • minimal getcap and setcap support (_that)
  • try mounting both ext4 and f2fs during decrypt (jcadduono and Dees_Troy)
  • shut off backlight with power key (mdmower)
  • timeout during FDE decrypt (Dees_Troy and nkk71)
  • support for FBE decrypt and backing up and restoring FBE policies (Dees_Troy)
  • boot slot support (Dees_Troy)
  • TWRP app install prompt during reboot (Dees_Troy)
  • support for AB OTA zips (Dees_Troy)
  • support new Android 7.x log command (Dees_Troy)
  • update recovery sources to AOSP 7.1 (Dees_Troy)
  • numerous bugfixes and improvements by too many people to mention

v3.1.1
  • Backups will now include adopted storage keys (Dees_Troy)
  • Fixed an adb restore issue (bigbiff)
  • Fixed rebooting when no OS is present (Dees_Troy)
  • Fixed line wrapping in the GUI terminal (_that)
  • Updated TWRP source code to AOSP 7.1.2 (Dees_Troy)Updated TWRP source code to AOSP 7.1.2

v3.2.0
  • Allow restoring adb backups in the TWRP GUI (bigbiff)
  • Fix gzip backup error in adb backups (bigbiff)
  • Fix a bug in TWRP's backup routines that occasionally corrupted backup files (nkk71)
  • Better support for installing Android 8.0 based zips due to legacy props (nkk71)
  • Support vold decrypt with keymaster 3.0 in 8.0 firmwares (nkk71)
  • Decrypt of synthetic passwords for Pixel 2 (Dees_Troy)
  • Support newer ext4 FBE policies for backup and restore in libtar (Dees_Troy)
  • v2 fstab support (Dees_Troy)
  • Bring TWRP forward to android 8.0 AOSP base (Dees_Troy)
  • Various other minor bugfixes and tweaks

Last edited:

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
I don't think I understand the difference between this one and the other 2.6.x one we current have. The other works fine with kitkat?

Here is the TWRP 2.7.0.0 changelog as it is published on official TeamWin website ;)

What's new in 2.7.0.0:

Faster graphics rendering by disabling alpha blending on fully opaque objects thanks to Tassadar
Allow sideloading from /tmp on encrypted devices
Check for a crypto footer before asking for a password to prevent user confusion
Additional checks for validity to auto generated backup names
Text wrap in the console output
Proper caps lock support in the keyboard
Mouse support via USB OTG for devices with a broken digitizer
Improve scanning of storage locations for OpenRecoveryScript
Haptic feedback for buttons, keyboard, and vibration at the end of longer running actions
Fixed ext4 wiping when no selinux contexts are defined for that partition (e.g. sd-ext)
Update SuperSU to 1.93 and improve installation process
Added selinux contexts restoration to fix permissions
Load RTC offset on Qualcomm devices to fix the date/time in recovery
USB Mass Storage fixes Add SELinux support checking
Add Disk Usage class to better handle excluded folders (e.g. Google Music cache)
Add 4.4 AOSP*decrypt support
Add some toolbox utilities to TWRP (namely to support SELinux functions not supported in busybox)
Various SELinux fixes and bug fixes

Note:*2.7 marks the first time that we are dropping support for older devices. We are doing this because of the SELinux support needed to install 4.4 Kit Kat ROMs. The non-TWRP*parts of the recovery image have to be built in at least a 4.1 tree and the kernel that is included in the recovery image has to support writing SELinux contexts. We don't own most of the devices that we support so we depend on outside testers and developers to help us update devices. In many cases we can't find someone readily. Come to #twrp on Freenode if you want to help bring your device up to date. You can tell right away if your device will support 4.4 ROMs in 2.7. Boot TWRP*and press the console button (the square-ish button either in the bottom middle or upper right) to view the console output. If it doesn't say "Full SELinux support" in the console, then your device still needs some work. Help us help you.

So to answer your question : yes, 2.6.3.0 can work with KitKat but 2.7.0.0 is a new major update to TWRP :good:

Regards

Sent from my TF300T

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
Any additional feedback ?!

Hey, combined downloads count of .tar.md5 and flashable .zip versions has already reached 50 ! Thank you for downloading my files :good: Does anybody have any additional feedback ? Have you tried flashing pre-KK ROMs with it ? If so, was it successfull ?

Thank you for reporting back ;)

BTW TWRP 2.7.0.1 will be out soon upstream... i will update downloads links in consequence :D

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
New builds are out !

Hello, new builds are out and ready for download :p It's built from today's synced TWRP sources from OmniROM GitHub tree and corrects some minor bugs : you can checkout changes HERE ;)

You can download the new version HERE for the zipped .tar.md5 and HERE for the flashable .zip

OP download links updated too :highfive:

Enjoy :D

Last edited:

onimorza

May 14, 2010
Mechelen
Xiaomi Mi A2
OnePlus Nord
Installed the flashable TWRP zip over CWM recovery; worked fine.

1st backup however failed. No immediate indication why.
After a little searching, I found out that my extSD was full, so my own dumb mistake :laugh: But the program could have mentioned that too..

And I've noticed the date & time were not correct in recovery; but if I remember right that was already the case in my previous CWM recovery so it might not be recovery related. Anyone knows a sollution to correct that issue?
I know, we can manually set the backup name and type in the correct date & time in TWRP, but it would be easier if it was correct from the beginning :p

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
Installed the flashable TWRP zip over CWM recovery; worked fine.

1st backup however failed. No immediate indication why.
After a little searching, I found out that my extSD was full, so my own dumb mistake :laugh: But the program could have mentioned that too..

And I've noticed the date & time were not correct in recovery; but if I remember right that was already the case in my previous CWM recovery so it might not be recovery related. Anyone knows a sollution to correct that issue?
I know, we can manually set the backup name and type in the correct date & time in TWRP, but it would be easier if it was correct from the beginning :p

Hello, i assume that you have already set your timezone in 'settings' menu ;) Anyway reset all TWRP settings in 'settings' menu and set your timezone again then power off your phone, re-power it on to system ; finally go back to TWRP... time must now be correct !

At least my device is showing correct time by doing this trick !

Hoping that will help you...

Sent from my GT-I9195

Reactions: onimorza

onimorza

May 14, 2010
Mechelen
Xiaomi Mi A2
OnePlus Nord
Hello, i assume that you have already set your timezone in 'settings' menu ;) Anyway reset all TWRP settings in 'settings' menu and set your timezone again then power off your phone, re-power it on to system ; finally go back to TWRP... time must now be correct !

At least my device is showing correct time by doing this trick !

Hoping that will help you...

Sent from my GT-I9195

I followed your steps but unfortunately it's still 8:16PM on 13 April 2013 in recovery whilst it's 2:14PM 24 March 2014 last time I checked :D
Thanks anyway for the tips; I'll try to play with it a little more to see if I can figure it out.

Reactions: tomcatz666

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
I followed your steps but unfortunately it's still 8:16PM on 13 April 2013 in recovery whilst it's 2:14PM 24 March 2014 last time I checked :D
Thanks anyway for the tips; I'll try to play with it a little more to see if I can figure it out.

Please let me know if you find it out... TWRP settings are stored in 'TWRP' directory from your internal storage... not microSD :confused:

Good luck !

Sent from my GT-I9195

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
Hello all, from now ALL downloads of this project are also available from the downloads tab of post number 1 in addition to Dev-Host links :victory:

Be well

Reactions: vriz27

jake3317

Feb 24, 2014
So far your TWRP works great, I really enjoy it's benefits over CWM: no more clicking down, down, down etc

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Transformer TF101 met Tapatalk

Reactions: ne0zone75

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
TWRP update released...

I've just updated Dev-Host download links... new build is currently uploading on xda downloads page of this project... please checkout post 1 ;)

This new build is compiled against SlimKAT build 4 sources tree instead of CyanogenMod 11.0; it should fix timezone issues that some of you encountered and features a lot of improvements => compatibiltiy with JB ROMs should be fine (for KK ROMs support is full) AND many other fixes :good: (still lacks the 'take a screenshot from recovery' feature which will probably be merged soon...)

There is no changelog because it's a TWRP 2.7 intermediate build BUT you can review merged commits included into it HERE...

It's available as a zipped .tar.md5 Odin flashable file AND a .zip custom recovery flashable file as usual :highfive:

Thanks to all of you who downloaded my recovery files so far :good:

All the best ;)

Tapatalked from my TF701T

EDIT : All download links are now updated...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP for S4 mini (GT-I9190 + GT-I9192 + GT-I9195)
    v3.2.0-1 (STABLE)
    + v3.2.0-0 (TRYOUTs)

mnkt.png

TWRP is an open source, community project. TWRP development is done by roughly 4 people at this point. TWRP also have a large support community with many people who are willing to answer questions and help people with their devices either through our IRC channel or on forums like xda-developers.

TeamWin was originally formed to work on porting WiMAX to CM7 for the HTC EVO 4G. After their work on the EVO 4G they wanted to work on a project that would work on more devices than just the EVO 4G and they settled on working on a recovery. Today TWRP is the leading custom recovery for Android phones.

DISCLAIMER : TeamWin team and myself will never ever be responsible for any damage you do to your device !

ALL CREDIT GOES TO AND ONLY TO :

-> TeamWin & OmniROM teams (TWRP tree).
    -> CyanogenMod team (ROM + device + kernel trees).
    -> @k2wl (DS device tree).
    -> TheMuppets team (vendor tree).

NOTE : i am not affiliated with any of the teams mentioned above...

THANKS TO :

-> @F4k (for helping me a lot).
    -> @Dees_Troy (for sharing some of his knowledge with me).
    -> @arco68 (for helping me to restore the brightness control and crypto. features).
    -> @thomson.aa (for sharing one way to fix TWRP booting process for S4 mini).
    -> @alexax66 (for sharing early GT-I9192 TWRP builds which were based off one of mine).
    -> @Xmaster24 (screenshots).
    -> @noppy22 for testing crypto. features out.

INSTALLATION :

=> Option 1 : your device does not have any custom recovery yet ! Please download the 7zipped .tar.md5 file of your choice below, then flash it through Odin (windows OS).
    => Option 2 : a custom recovery has already been flashed to your device ! Please download the flashable .zip file of your choice below and flash it from recovery as usual.

BIG ORANGE WARNING : if you are coming from regular / PhilZ CWM or legacy TWRP, then please do prefer the Odin way ! Thank you !

QUICK ODIN HOWTO : assuming that your Odin installation for S4 mini is OK (thanks @arco68 for this) !
    1. Turn your device OFF.
    2. Press AND hold 'PWR' + 'VOL. DOWN' + 'HOME' buttons.
    3. Connect your USB cable and press 'VOL. UP' button to confirm that you want to enter into DL mode.
    4. Start Odin, uncheck "F. Reset Time", and then click 'AP' button.
    5. Select my 'recovery.tar.md5' file that you previously extracted from my 7zip archive and press 'Start' button. The phone will reboot when finished.
    6. When the phone begins to vibrate just before rebooting : IMMEDIATELY press and hold 'VOL. UP' + 'HOME' buttons to boot straightly into your new recovery. <= THIS LAST STEP IS NEEDED ONLY ON SOME S4 MINI DEVICES TO ACHIEVE THE FLASHING PROCESS SUCCESSFULLY.

DOWNLOADS :
    • => STABLE branch : (NEW) 1 version per device built for stability, full crypto. support for both EXT4 and F2FS (fixed with @arco68 help, thanks !)... EXT4+F2FS; built along with LOS's NOUGAT ROM tree !
      • custom TWRP v3.2.0-1 OREO enabled for S4 mini (3G variant AKA GT-I9190) | STABLE (2017-12-06) :
        => Odin | recovery
      • custom TWRP v3.2.0-1 OREO enabled for S4 mini (DS variant AKA GT-I9192) | STABLE (2017-12-06) :
        => Odin | recovery
      • custom TWRP v3.2.0-1 OREO enabled for S4 mini (LTE variant AKA GT-I9195) | STABLE (2017-12-06) :
        => Odin | recovery

BIG ORANGE WARNING : please be aware that this build is failing with LOS''s recovery updating feature ATM...

• => DEV branch : no files ATM..., should be as stable as the regular one...

• => TRYOUTs : v3.2.0-0 (NEW) NEED TESTING !!! => see post #1582 for details...

TWRP CHANGELOG : please look at post #2

INFO : STABLE branch DOWNLOADS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE FROM THE DOWNLOADS TAB OF THIS PROJECT.

NOTE : i've started building it for myself, now i'm sharing it ! Feel free to report back... Any feedback will ever be greatly appreciated !

NOTE : if you are interested in my work and download my files, please report back AND hit my 'THANKS!' button if you think i deserve it ! Thank you !​

PS : TWRP for S4 mini is available as three separate download categories : STABLE, DEV & TRYOUTS ! The DEV branch is based off the stable one and is including features that are not available in the STABLE one yet (as upstream not merged commits...) ! So the DEV branch is as stable as the STABLE one except for currently previewed features...​

Happy flashing !

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP for S4 mini (3G/DS/LTE) [UNOFFICIAL], Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini

Contributors
    ne0zone75, arco68, jason972000, thomson.aa + alexax66
    Source Code: https://github.com/ne0zone75

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: STABLE
    Stable Release Date: 2017-12-06
    Current Beta Version: TRYOUTs
    Beta Release Date: 2017-12-03

Created 2014-03-11
    Last Updated 2017-12-06
    TWRP for S4 mini is updated : v3.1.1-0 TRYOUTs

Hello,

You will find new flashable ZIPs below :

Cheers and please do not forget to report back about them, thanks !

EDIT : i will flag v3.1.1-0 TRYOUTs as STABLE very soon... OP will be updated and Odin ready archives will be released in addition to current flashable ZIPs.
    ? v3.1.0-0 is OUT !

Hello,

New installers are available now over AFH. It should work as great as v3.0.3-3 ? . Foreign languages availability and NTFS support for removable storage are still disabled in order to meet recovery image size requirement. That's it !

-> 'Odin' ready files
    3G | DS | LTE

-> flashable ZIPs
    3G | DS | LTE

Enjoy ?

Tapatalked from my OnePlus 3
    TWRP v3.0.0-0 TRYOUTS for S4 mini are now out !

Good afternoon,

You will find updated builds to latest TWRP for S4 mini below (v3.0.0-0) : they are TRYOUTS ! They will maybe not boot because i tried to restore the brightness control feature which was causing a kernel panic. Anyway new builds are compiling ATM without it and they should be OK...

3G | DS | LTE <= with brightness control feature : UPDATED AND NEEDING FEEDBACK !

3G | DS | LTE <= without brightness control feature : ALREADY REPORTED AS WORKING BUT STILL NEEDING FEEDBACK !

Let me know how it goes with them...

PS : Files above are made to be flashed from current recovery. Flash at your own risk ! Once new files will be reported as working as they should, i will also add Odin ready packages. Please keep a copy of a STABLE Odin ready file for your device if you want to test above files out : if the updated recovery is not booting, then simply flash back previous version (v2.8.7.0) through Odin. Thank you !
    Reserved

TWRP CHANGELOG
    (grabbed from official TeamWin website)​

v3.0.0
    • Completely new theme - Much more modern and much nicer looking (by z31s1g)
    • True Terminal Emulator - Includes arrow keys, tab and tab completion, etc. (by _that)
    • Language translation - It won’t be perfect and especially some languages that require large font files like Chinese & Japanese won’t be availble on most devices. Also some languages may only be partially translated at this time. Feel free to submit more translations to OmniROM’s Gerrit. (mostly by Dees_Troy)
    • Flashing of sparse images - On select devices you will be able to flash some parts of factory images via the TWRP GUI (by HashBang173)
    • Adopted storage support for select devices - TWRP can now decrypt adopted storage partitions from Marshmallow
    • Reworked graphics to bring us more up to date with AOSP - includes support for adf and drm graphics (by Dees_Troy)
    • SuperSU prompt will no longer display if a Marshmallow ROM is installed
    • Update exfat, exfat fuse, dosfstools (by mdmower)
    • Update AOSP base to 6.0
    • A huge laundry list of other minor fixes and tweaks

v3.0.1
    • support new CM 13.0 pattern encryption (sultanqasim)
    • fix slow flashing issue due to modprobe (present on only some devices) (#twrp)
    • libtar updated to latest upstream and fixes (jcadduono)
    • fixes for loading custom themes (_that)
    • TWRP will now detect and install TWRP themes automatically through the normal zip install process (Dees_Troy)
    • translation updates - added Italian, Czech and Polish and significant updates to Dutch
    • progress bar improvements - progress bar updates during image flashing and better tracks progress during file system backups (tar) (Dees_Troy)
    • fix input box text display (Dees_Troy)
    • reboot option after zip install complete (bigbiff)
    • other mostly invisible bug fixes and improvements

v3.0.2
    • Fix a bug with the input box that affected masked inputs (passwords). This fixes decrypt of full device encryption on devices that support decrypt. This bug also impacts encrypted backups. Users are highly encouraged to stop using 3.0.1 if you use encrypted backups or if you need decrypt of data in TWRP.
    • Add Greek translation to some builds.

v3.0.3
    N/A

v3.1.0
    • vold decrypt on a few select HTC devices, TWRP will now attempt to use the system partition's vold and vdc binaries and libraries to decrypt the data partition (nkk71 and CaptainThrowback)
    • adb backup to stream a backup directly to or from your PC, see documentation here (bigbiff)
    • tweak MTP startup routines (mdmower)
    • support new Android 7.x xattrs for backup and restore to fix loss of data after a restore (Dees_Troy)
    • support POSIX file capabilities backup and restore to fix VoLTE on HTC devices and possibly other issues (Dees_Troy)
    • better indicate to users that internal storage is not backed up (Dees_Troy)
    • improve automatic determination of TW_THEME (mdmower)
    • minimal getcap and setcap support (_that)
    • try mounting both ext4 and f2fs during decrypt (jcadduono and Dees_Troy)
    • shut off backlight with power key (mdmower)
    • timeout during FDE decrypt (Dees_Troy and nkk71)
    • support for FBE decrypt and backing up and restoring FBE policies (Dees_Troy)
    • boot slot support (Dees_Troy)
    • TWRP app install prompt during reboot (Dees_Troy)
    • support for AB OTA zips (Dees_Troy)
    • support new Android 7.x log command (Dees_Troy)
    • update recovery sources to AOSP 7.1 (Dees_Troy)
    • numerous bugfixes and improvements by too many people to mention

v3.1.1
    • Backups will now include adopted storage keys (Dees_Troy)
    • Fixed an adb restore issue (bigbiff)
    • Fixed rebooting when no OS is present (Dees_Troy)
    • Fixed line wrapping in the GUI terminal (_that)
    • Updated TWRP source code to AOSP 7.1.2 (Dees_Troy)Updated TWRP source code to AOSP 7.1.2

v3.2.0
    • Allow restoring adb backups in the TWRP GUI (bigbiff)
    • Fix gzip backup error in adb backups (bigbiff)
    • Fix a bug in TWRP's backup routines that occasionally corrupted backup files (nkk71)
    • Better support for installing Android 8.0 based zips due to legacy props (nkk71)
    • Support vold decrypt with keymaster 3.0 in 8.0 firmwares (nkk71)
    • Decrypt of synthetic passwords for Pixel 2 (Dees_Troy)
    • Support newer ext4 FBE policies for backup and restore in libtar (Dees_Troy)
    • v2 fstab support (Dees_Troy)
    • Bring TWRP forward to android 8.0 AOSP base (Dees_Troy)
    • Various other minor bugfixes and tweaks