DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.10 [Windows]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jabeth407

Safestrap Utility

I believe the safestrap utlity is interfering with getting my phone back up to JB. I can't get to the next level of upgrade on ICS.
I've uninstalled it but, it's embedded in another area on the OS rom.
How can I get that back off? I temp unroot, try the upgrade (0.7.?.??) the one right before JB offered from manufact, it fails.

I don't want to loss root not after all I've had to do to get it. Will your process to rewrite the rom remove the safestrap?

wooddale

Nov 5, 2010
New Lisbon
I believe the safestrap utlity is interfering with getting my phone back up to JB. I can't get to the next level of upgrade on ICS.
I've uninstalled it but, it's embedded in another area on the OS rom.
How can I get that back off? I temp unroot, try the upgrade (0.7.?.??) the one right before JB offered from manufact, it fails.

I don't want to loss root not after all I've had to do to get it. Will your process to rewrite the rom remove the safestrap?
Idont think your supposed to have even been in safestrap until your already rooted in JB. Looks like your best bet is to start over and read the instructions.

Reactions: jabeth407

jabeth407

Yes i'm beginning to see that. I did start over & rooted. Upgraded to 0.7.2.en, regained the root rerunning #2. Upgraded to 0.9.?.end(JB) lost the root. Started over. I'm at ics 0.7.2. Rooted with ota rootkeeper helping.
I'm looking towards upgrading the from through rom manager forcing an update from the external. Or force it myself through the bootloader.
JAB©

DVDDave

Feb 6, 2009
Thank you Matt....just took my HD Jelly Bean back to ICS for the first time with this utility....couldn't have been easier !!!!! I do not understand how some people have problems.....

pedmog

Feb 25, 2013
thanks and Question about XT925

absolutely amazing! I couldn't believe it is so easy!
do I have a possibilty to flash XT925 instead of XT926?
I guess this is the difference between the US-version and the European version LTE?

I have an verizon droid razr HD, that I can at least use in germany with my sim card!
thank you so much for that.

I bought the device in USA but, I use it in germany, with german carrier: vodaphone germany.
after using all your 4 programs:
systemversion: 0.6.25.XT926.verizon.en.US
android 4.0.4

D-Flo

Aug 28, 2010
I'm having difficulty rooting. I was able to restore to ICS just fine, but when attempting to root, I get the following:

'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I'm running windows 8 64-bit, if that makes a difference. I've extracted to several different locations (c:, downloads, desktop) to no avail. I've confirmed I have the updated drivers and I was able to restore just fine.

D-Flo

Aug 28, 2010
I can see adb.exe in the folder I've extracted to my desktop, which is where I'm launching the .bat file. Should I have extracted it in the platform-tools folder of sdk? Sorry for the noobish questions... have rooted mostly Sammie phones recently.

mattlgroff

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
I'm having difficulty rooting. I was able to restore to ICS just fine, but when attempting to root, I get the following:

'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I'm running windows 8 64-bit, if that makes a difference. I've extracted to several different locations (c:, downloads, desktop) to no avail. I've confirmed I have the updated drivers and I was able to restore just fine.

Yeah all this means is that your .bat file cannot see the other files. Windows 8 CAN make a difference if you have it not set to be able to execute adb.exe or fastboot.exe.

Reactions: D-Flo

amwenguer

Jun 4, 2011
Utility worked great.

Updated SU binaries. saved in Rootkeeper. did the temp unroot. but i keep getting error messages when trying to take the OTA update.
"An unexpected error has occured. Please try again later."

What option do I have now?

D-Flo

Aug 28, 2010
I went into control panel and changed user account settings to the lowest level, so .exe files can run without prompting. I then pulled up task manager, launched the utility and selected option 2 to root. I can see adb launches and runs (2) 32-bit sessions while the utility is running. It's now simply responding with "waiting for device". Anything else I can try?

D-Flo

Aug 28, 2010
Figured it out. I was trying to run the root script with the phone in fastboot. As soon as I ran it with the phone booted up, the exploit ran and I now have root. Thanks!

Reactions: mattlgroff

RayMcGrath

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 29, 2012
Pacific Northwest
ME TOO

Utility worked great
Updated SU binaries. saved in Rootkeeper. did the temp unroot. but i keep getting error messages when trying to take the OTA update.
"An unexpected error has occured. Please try again later."

What option do I have now?

I cannot get the 6mb OTA update either. I get the same message? anyone know what to do to help?

amwenguer

Jun 4, 2011
I've received the same message since yesterday when trying to pull the JB update. I was able to pull the small ICS update Sunday. Possible this is a Verizon issue making the file available?

This seems is a common problem with anyone who tried rooting in the last few days. I'm surprised you even got the small update. But that's the one I can't find. The ota jb is all over the place and you can manually flash that one.

But without the 6mb ics update.. no dice. So whoever finds it, let me know. Think I found the complete package (275mb). Which I'll try to push in recovery followed by the jb rom.

If that doesn't work I'll download and figure out SQL lite

OR

Would it be possible to simply keep this stock rooted ics rom on stock rom slot of safe strap and then download jellybean roms and put them on the others?

Maybe no need to even take this ota updates that aren't working.

Last edited:

LimFin

Jan 12, 2011
I am trying to find the OTA jb update. Do you have a link to it?

This seems is a common problem with anyone who tried rooting in the last few days. I'm surprised you even got the small update. But that's the one I can't find. The ota jb is all over the place and you can manually flash that one.

But without the 6mb ics update.. no dice. So whoever finds it, let me know. Think I found the complete package (275mb). Which I'll try to push in recovery followed by the jb rom.

If that doesn't work I'll download and figure out SQL lite

OR

Would it be possible to simply keep this stock rooted ics rom on stock rom slot of safe strap and then download jellybean roms and put them on the others?

Maybe no need to even take this ota updates that aren't working.

wooddale

Nov 5, 2010
New Lisbon
Wonder if Verizon is trying to pull a shot? So if for some reason we needed to get back we could at least use the utility to get back to ICS right? If we had to send it back we would be good.

mattlgroff

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT: Closed and archived for future reference. 1.20 onward is multi-Operating System.

IF YOU ARE ON 9.16.6, THE LATEST OTA, DO NOT USE THE DROID RAZR HD UTILITY 1.10 OR BELOW

For the Linux/Mac version of this utility by johnthehillbilly visit him @ DroidRzr.com
    If you have any kind of troubleshooting you can also find me there usually in the Chatroom.

Header.png
    DROID IS ONLY USED BY VERIZON WIRELESS IN THE UNITED STATES. XT925 IS NOT SUPPORTED AND IS NOT A DROID!
    DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.10
    Menu1.png

WARNING: Wiping data may lead to wiped internal SD card.

Functions of 1.10:
    1. Fastboot Restore 0.6.25 (ICS 4.0.4 Official Software)
    2. Root for ICS 4.0.4 by djrbliss (motofail2go method)
    3. Install Voodoo's OTA Rootkeeper App by supercurio
    4. Install Safestrap 3.05.17 App by Hashcode
    Menu2.png

Download (md5: E26AFCE1CAFC6DA9AC1D16D7432393C8):
    Supporting Links ---
    Utility Home Page

Non-Supporting Links---
    Note: Downloads go MUCH faster if you use a download Manager like Orbit Download Manager. (Thanks xlightwaverx for the tip!)

Credits:
    The Firmware Team for providing the 0.6.25 fxz.
    Dan Rosenberg (djrbliss) for his amazing job on the motofail2go exploit.
    Project Voodoo for their OTA Rootkeeper.
    Hashcode for Safestrap 3.05.17.

Changelog:
    1.10-Added Safestrap by Hashcode
    1.10-Updated su-binary, so you shouldn't have to.

~Enjoy! If you liked it hit the thanks button!
    Link died !
    Please support to upload new one.

Thanks.

Link is working fine?
    Stop spamming the forum and read the information available.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    can you expleind wath doing all that?? the option 1 and 3 I don`t now that.

1. Fastboot Restore 0.6.25 (ICS 4.0.4 Official Software) ---

This brings the phone back to the original factory software. Version 0.6.25 running Ice Cream Sandwich.

3. Install Voodoo's OTA Rootkeeper App ---

This installs an app which lets you bring root over through OTA updates. Keeps it safe.

I cannot expleind them any simpler than this ;)