Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jeffreynothing43

Apr 6, 2010
Raleigh, NC
www.myspace.com
Re: [ROM] AOKP [UNOFFICIAL] nightly - JellyBean - 4.2.1 - JOP40D - NIGHTLY

Well aside from the reboot I had (one reboot in 2 days) since flashing the new build it has ran flawless otherwise. Can't say it's better or faster then the 4.2.1 build I had (2/3/13 build) but certainly not worse, laggy, or slower

The lag was pretty bad for me...hmmm

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Reactions: emd2009

hoang81

Oct 20, 2011
Well guys, just an update....I am rebasing my source...I want to make sure these problems are not from incompatible cherry picks. So far, the rebasing and updating of binaries and kernel source seem to make it more stable, but I will try to run it for a few days to test it. I'm on a business trip anyhow, so it'll give me some time to work on the source.

22stars

Nov 29, 2010
Well guys, just an update....I am rebasing my source...I want to make sure these problems are not from incompatible cherry picks. So far, the rebasing and updating of binaries and kernel source seem to make it more stable, but I will try to run it for a few days to test it. I'm on a business trip anyhow, so it'll give me some time to work on the source.

you, sir, are a bad ass - thank you.

Reactions: CRIME INC.

davec1234

May 22, 2010

I think it's more Google's problem with another ****ty update than a ROM problem. I'm on a different ROM now, same problems.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

LancerEVA06

May 5, 2010
Chicago

Yea thaz common with any gps in heavily populated building areas like downtown Chicago. They interfere with the signal. My dedicated TomTom PDA did the same thing. On Wacker under the track? Forget bout it. Lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

My Magellan Road Mate works great, even on part of Lower Lower Wacker Dr.

But my problem is the phone starts to lag. Like its running at the slowest CPU speed with all apps open and running.

jeffreynothing43

Apr 6, 2010
Raleigh, NC
www.myspace.com

Anyone here having issues with WiFi still? I go from my campus' wifi to home and it soft reboots and doesn't connect to my home wifi unless I hard reboot.

Girlfriend has this issue. I do not. Set it to 2.4 under advanced options and see if that helps.

hoang81

Oct 20, 2011

I'll do that today, and report my findings. I wasn't able to see this before I went to class yesterday. Thank you. I'll report my findings if it fixes the issue.

Couga...get out of my thread...lol. J/K friend. I'll have a new build up today. Although not with as many picks, it's very stable. No WiFi crapping out. And as far as I can tell, the RAM leakage isn't noticeable any more.

Full wipe of system and data is required for this one, so back your stuff up before flash. If you dirty flash and your systemui fc on you ( and it most likely will) I will laugh. If you report issues, I will ask if you wiped first <--- just a disclaimer. But seriously guys, it's much more stable in the 2 days of testing that I put it through.

couga6442

Sep 20, 2010
A hole in the wall, IL...
Couga...get out of my thread...lol. J/K friend. I'll have a new build up today. Although not with as many picks, it's very stable. No WiFi crapping out. And as far as I can tell, the RAM leakage isn't noticeable any more.

Full wipe of system and data is required for this one, so back your stuff up before flash. If you dirty flash and your systemui fc on you ( and it most likely will) I will laugh. If you report issues, I will ask if you wiped first <--- just a disclaimer. But seriously guys, it's much more stable in the 2 days of testing that I put it through.

Your ram leaks? Might want to get that checked out. And thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it.

I'll be taking my leave of your thread then. Lol jk, you can't get rid of me that easily, you build a quality product.

momentandroid

Jun 29, 2010

Pfft, only noobs wipe data.

peabody42

Mar 1, 2011
Just for the hell of it, I dirty flashed this over 1/30 build, just wiped system, cache and dalvik, then Gapps 12/12. Everything works perfectly.

No mem leak, super smooth. Perfection!

Also flashed latest Franco 365 without any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This was built from AOKP source using Google's device and vendor files.

Thanks to BigRushDog for the hard work and the permission for me to use CDMATools and his radio fix. And also thanks for just being a cool person.

Here is AOKP website:
    http://aokp.co/index.php/news
    -Feel free to donate a few dollars if you have it to show your appreciation.

Here is the gerrit review:
    http://gerrit.sudoservers.com/#/q/status:open,n,z

My git: https://github.com/qnhoang81

This ROM is now using a stock aosp kernel. The source can be found on aosp website.

What works:
    Everything as far as I can tell

What's broken?

Hmm...not too sure. You tell me.

Directions:
    1) Download
    2) Make a backup
    3) Wipe cache/dalvik - factory reset for those coming from a different ROM
    4) Flash ROM
    5) Flash GApps
    6) Reboot
    7) Enjoy

Download:
    http://goo.im/devs/qnhoang81/toroplus/AOKP

Mirror 1:
    http://d-h.st/users/qnhoang81

GAPPS:
    http://goo.im/devs/qnhoang81/toroplus/AOKP/gapps-jb-20121212-signed-edited.zip

This is the official package from goo.im that I edited so that it does not override AOKP camera **NOTE:photosphere is not available for now, so if you want it so badly that you would rather not have all of the other options, then just use the official Gapps from goo.im**

I will post a changelog when I upload a build. Not every nightly will have a changelog, but I will post them as much as possible.

Note: Please report errors and things not working. However, please test the problem without any modifications to the build first.

Also, if there is something you would like to see or you think is cool to have, I would love to test it and include it in the ROM. So by all means, request away, and I will try my best to add it. But please...no asking for ETAs. :)
    New build runs great! Thanks for continuing to compile for toroplus. Do you have a PayPal donation link?

Thanks for asking. I'm glad you are enjoying the build. I basically just build for myself when I get the flashaholic attack and need to impulsively flash something....which is about every day. Uploading it to the server takes another minute or so....therefore, I don't take donations for something I was going to do anyhow. The other thing is most of the hard work belongs to the real AOKP coders out there, not the ROM builders. If you are feeling generous, I would encourage you to send them money instead.

With that being said, comments like this keep me interested in uploading my builds ...;)

I do, but I would feel much better if you donate to teamkang instead since they do a whole lot of work.... but thanks for asking:)

Alright guys, I'm about to head out on vacation for a week, so you guys try not to lose too much weight without daily intake of bad foods. I will have my phone, so I will watch the thread for problems/bugs. Also I will check gerrit from my phone periodically for anything worthwhile for building, so there might be a build or two this week. Have a good week!!!

Sorry guys, I had to rework my source last night, so there were no builds. However, I just finished with today's build. Some last minute checks, and I will upload within the hour.