Root on latest builds- 98.18.94 or 98.30.1 for msm8960 phones! Thx kc6wke!!!

Search This thread

Nagrom Nniuq

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 12, 2007
Over the phone? Or can they do this in a store? I'm trying to update my wife's, but obviously uninstalled files and so can't. And no bootloader unlock either, so stuck.

missilemanboom

Dec 12, 2010
Rapid City
Worked perfectly.

Just to confirm. This method worked flawlessly on a RAZR M, and Droid 4. Had to do a reset on the RAZR M to get it to take, but after that no problems. thanks to kc6wke for the work and aviwdoowks for the post.

ckfalls

Aug 4, 2010
Washington, DC
Still No Unlocked Bootloader

Upgraded from Bionic on Eclipse ROM to Razr M, rooted via this post and another EXCELLENT TomSGT123 video! Thanks to all for the work!

Have done a ton of research and this is this the most relevant post I've found. Just to confirm, we still have no method to unlock the bootloader if my phone is on 98.18.94 correct? I've tries the motopocalypse method a view times with no success (still shows locked: 0 in recovery). Can anyone confirm?

If so, I need to grab some killer root apps to help get some semblance of my former ROM...

megaghostgamer

Nov 19, 2011
Upgraded from Bionic on Eclipse ROM to Razr M, rooted via this post and another EXCELLENT TomSGT123 video! Thanks to all for the work!

Have done a ton of research and this is this the most relevant post I've found. Just to confirm, we still have no method to unlock the bootloader if my phone is on 98.18.94 correct? I've tries the motopocalypse method a view times with no success (still shows locked: 0 in recovery). Can anyone confirm?

If so, I need to grab some killer root apps to help get some semblance of my former ROM...

Yeah, latest ota = locked but fear not we're about to receive official kitkat! As for root apps, I'm not sure. Xposed framework seems to be a community favorite in XDA

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using XDA Premium HD app

NwOh_Starsky

Apr 3, 2012
Toledo Oh
Thank you for the new way to root! I've had this phone sitting around for a while and when it updated I lost root. Now I have access again. THese are great phones glad to see others agree with me.

Top Liked Posts