Let's see how many of us has the p605

Search This thread

goldsalltime

Jan 11, 2014
For all those who have the p605 I suggest that we all come forward and see how many we are. IF there are plenty of us, we can join our forces to get more development in ROMs and kernels and whatever else there might be. I am following the thread on hyperdrive Rom where the p600 owners have almost reached the amount they needed to get a tablet to the developer, and I only show one of the p605 owners post something.

So I am one.
So hoefar i hv

Reactions: maccyp1

lecorbusier

Nov 28, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S5
LG G6
As I don't actually need the pen(but 4G) there are now alternatives, even better ones.
But it's still a fine piece of hardware and it was the best, and best value for money when i bought it. Second best seemed to me the Sony Experia Tablet Z, but the Note was fully worth the extra 100€,even if it wouldn't have a digitizer, it had the better SoC, more RAM and bigger battery.

Kingsman1

Dec 27, 2013
Salt Lake City
It's still the greatest. I had had the SM-P600, but had it accidentally destroyed. I bought the SM-P605 just a month ago, and if you just keep your memory and caches reasonably clean this is still one of the fastest tablets on the market. Also, if you transfer your programs and most of your data over to a reasonably large Sdcard (i use a128 gig card) this leaves your main memory free to do large computational tasks. Further, if you know how to use the S Pen properly you can have as many as 7 different Windows on screen at once running concurrently(though I don't recommend this since it just clutters the screen). Besides which, the S Pen is nothing sorry of amazing. No, I honestly don't know another tablet on the market that has the capabilities of the SM-P605, even down to connectivity issues. For crying out loud,I don't even need to look for a secure Wi-Fi tower anymore. T-Mobile offers a tablet plan that is pretty good for 35.00 a month. Just need to unlock your tablet.

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Got mine a few months ago and love it is a big step up from Motorola xoom!
Yep! The Xoom was very good rooted using Omnirom or Cyanogen mod Roms till the release of Android 5.0. Now, it's slow and so very inadequate compared to the SM-P600, or, more importantly, the SM-P605. Have you found a reasonably easy way to root the SM-P605 where you don't lose any of it's capabilities?

Rob

Last edited:
Reactions: Chadwick108

lecorbusier

Nov 28, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S5
LG G6
Rooting is no problem since a couple of months. Before, you could easily run into bootloops with Lollipop. But there are no decent custom roms.
There are actually two ways to root it. With CF Auto Root or with TWRP and a SuperSu zip.
And the P605, like my S5, gets along well with EZ Package Disabler. A debloat app specifically for Samsung Touchwiz devices. It uses Knox (!) and works the same way on rooted and non-rooted devices, but not most stock rom mods with Knox removed. I think the only current mod for the P605, David's Rom, does that, too. I hope that someday CM13, the only real custom rom, may become useable....

Last edited:

Kingsman1

Dec 27, 2013
Salt Lake City
Rooting is no problem since a couple of months. Before, you could easily run into bootloops with Lollipop. But there are no decent custom roms.
There are actually two ways to root it. With CF Auto Root or with TWRP and a SuperSu zip.
And the P605, like my S5, gets along well with EZ Package Disabler. A debloat app specifically for Samsung Touchwiz devices. It uses Knox (!) and works the same way on rooted and non-rooted devices, but not most stock rom mods with Knox removed. I think the only current mod for the P605, David's Rom, does that, too. I hope that someday CM13, the only real custom rom, may become useable....

Well,I looked at CF Auto Root, and saw that it does support numerous SM-P605 tablets, but the one that it doesn't seem to support is the SM-P605v. It's unfortunate, since I would love to have full access to Titanium Backup or Rom Toolbox. I have a mountain of data that I have backed up, but no way to access it without root. I'd love to have access to TWRP so that I could do things like have full access to file system on my Sdcard, be able to remove, or replace the Verizon splash screen when I boot up, etc.. Anyway, I'm going to see what I can do.

maccyp1

May 27, 2011
+1
I love mine.I am using it right now. I just Upgraded to the Marshmallow Rom 6.0.1 with bad GPS. But it is much better than the original 5.1.1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For all those who have the p605 I suggest that we all come forward and see how many we are. IF there are plenty of us, we can join our forces to get more development in ROMs and kernels and whatever else there might be. I am following the thread on hyperdrive Rom where the p600 owners have almost reached the amount they needed to get a tablet to the developer, and I only show one of the p605 owners post something.

So I am one.
    Thank you very much.. :sly::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Ok, so here we are :

SM-P605 Kernel CNF2 : https://mega.co.nz/#!jxhXgIpZ!_nB7Ujdy1KEPL5kUpDVYN4ZeFThCPvREWeqMyLMxa78

SM-P605 Kernel CNJ1 : https://mega.co.nz/#!ex5RHYaR!vs_qrmu7ATcI4jRg4IcQ0n4KcVhoz10MZ6NXCKJl4dg

Unzip each file in a separate directory as the file inside the zip have the same name , don't mix them !!
    Files are ready for Odin.
    I too own the SM-P605, or as I like to call it, "the forgotten tablet".
    It's still the greatest. I had had the SM-P600, but had it accidentally destroyed. I bought the SM-P605 just a month ago, and if you just keep your memory and caches reasonably clean this is still one of the fastest tablets on the market. Also, if you transfer your programs and most of your data over to a reasonably large Sdcard (i use a128 gig card) this leaves your main memory free to do large computational tasks. Further, if you know how to use the S Pen properly you can have as many as 7 different Windows on screen at once running concurrently(though I don't recommend this since it just clutters the screen). Besides which, the S Pen is nothing sorry of amazing. No, I honestly don't know another tablet on the market that has the capabilities of the SM-P605, even down to connectivity issues. For crying out loud,I don't even need to look for a secure Wi-Fi tower anymore. T-Mobile offers a tablet plan that is pretty good for 35.00 a month. Just need to unlock your tablet.

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Got mine a few months ago and love it is a big step up from Motorola xoom!
    Yep! The Xoom was very good rooted using Omnirom or Cyanogen mod Roms till the release of Android 5.0. Now, it's slow and so very inadequate compared to the SM-P600, or, more importantly, the SM-P605. Have you found a reasonably easy way to root the SM-P605 where you don't lose any of it's capabilities?

Rob