Moment Pixel Photo Case

Search This thread

EeZeEpEe

Aug 13, 2010
Tampa, FL
www.twitter.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
https://www.shopmoment.com/shop/photo-case-pixel/pixel-4-photo-case-black-canvas

For those who do want an ultra wide lens option, you can pre-order the Moment case for $8 off regular price. I've been using their case and a Sirui 18mm ultra wide lens on my Pixel 2 XL and have been very please with the pics and videos. It has some vignetting but there's a newer version of the lens that apparently cuts down on it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

FutureBSD

May 27, 2010
So not only the moment menses fit this case?
Is there a comparison between the different lense brands for this case? Maybe they are really a way to get ultra-wide shots with the Pixel. Not a native solution but if it's important to someone and works decently.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

phrozact

Apr 26, 2007
Is there a comparison between the different lense brands for this case? Maybe they are really a way to get ultra-wide shots with the Pixel. Not a native solution but if it's important to someone and works decently.

Only Moment lens are compatible with the Moment Photo case.

phrozact

Apr 26, 2007
Just figured that the other lense he was referring to was a clip on lense anyway. But thanks for the clarification.

Actually, I stand corrected. I've never heard of the Sirui brand, but I just did a quick Google search and it seems like the mount for their lens fit Moment cases. Not perfectly, but well enough to be usable so they look like a more affordable option to the original Moment lens.

raynan

Jan 2, 2011
I'm actually pretty excited to use the phone's 2x lens with the Moment 2x lens I already have. Can you attach a lens to either camera?

EeZeEpEe

Aug 13, 2010
Tampa, FL
www.twitter.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Only Moment lens are compatible with the Moment Photo case.
https://youtu.be/eI4EweFR8ts

EeZeEpEe

Aug 13, 2010
Tampa, FL
www.twitter.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Ha... Yeah that was the exact video that made me post a follow up comment to correct myself. If I had known that was an option, I would've probably gone for that instead of sourcing for a 2nd hand Moment Wide.
I actually plan on getting the newer version that he reviewed in the video. Hopefully it does reduce the vignetting I got with my current ultra wide Sirui.

cgg123321

Jan 12, 2010
I actually plan on getting the newer version that he reviewed in the video. Hopefully it does reduce the vignetting I got with my current ultra wide Sirui.

I have the one in his video and it works amazing on my Pixel 1 XL (as a clip on). No vignetting. Unfortunately I don't have a 2XL to try it on for you.

Reactions: EeZeEpEe

EeZeEpEe

Aug 13, 2010
Tampa, FL
www.twitter.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Got my case today. I had the black back before but I'm liking this walnut. Has a nice texture and don't think this will lift on the edges like the black did. Also, this has full edge protection with the Pixel 2 XL version didn't. It had a bottom edge missing. 00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20191115145102346.jpg00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191115145258422_COVER.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

coremark

Got my case today. I had the black back before but I'm liking this walnut. Has a nice texture and don't think this will lift on the edges like the black did. Also, this has full edge protection with the Pixel 2 XL version didn't. It had a bottom edge missing.

That looks good. I should have got that one instead. I ended up getting the black one. On my Pixel 3 XL, it would start lifting on the sides and I thought I just got a bad one.

BTW, is it me or do you notice the lens doesn't screw on all the way into the case? It's still secure but I noticed on my Pixel 3 XL, my wide angle and telephoto lens would screw perfectly and go about halfway.... In my Pixel 4 XL, I noticed it would only screw like 1/3 of that .. It still works fine but I thought it was strange.

EeZeEpEe

Aug 13, 2010
Tampa, FL
www.twitter.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
BTW, is it me or do you notice the lens doesn't screw on all the way into the case? It's still secure but I noticed on my Pixel 3 XL, my wide angle and telephoto lens would screw perfectly and go about halfway.... In my Pixel 4 XL, I noticed it would only screw like 1/3 of that .. It still works fine but I thought it was strange.
No I thought the same thing here. You can turn it all the way. It's just super tight especially compared to my 2 XL case.

Reactions: coremark

James4.0

Dec 11, 2013
Prince Frederick, MD
Got my case today. I had the black back before but I'm liking this walnut. Has a nice texture and don't think this will lift on the edges like the black did. Also, this has full edge protection with the Pixel 2 XL version didn't. It had a bottom edge missing. View attachment 4877201View attachment 4877203

I like how the case protects the lenses better then the big square cutout like other cases.

Top Liked Posts