[UNOFFICIAL][20191230] LineageOS 17.0 for UMIDIGI F1 [Android 10]

Search This thread

Lolithetrolli

Apr 13, 2018
Alright, so I decided to come back to this and experimented a little bit, and I was finally able to install this without the previous issues that I had before. So far I'm loving it. The only thing that I did differently is wipe and format everything, instead of just data. The latest versions of Magisk and Gapps installed with no issues.

coffenk

Jan 4, 2012
Montreal
Alright, so I decided to come back to this and experimented a little bit, and I was finally able to install this without the previous issues that I had before. So far I'm loving it. The only thing that I did differently is wipe and format everything, instead of just data. The latest versions of Magisk and Gapps installed with no issues.
Hi:
I've had the F! for about 6 months now (and with the exception of the quality of the camera, which has been well documented) I've been loving it !
I have experience with installing custom ROM's in the past with previous Android phones and have been considering installing one on the F1. Would you mind pointing out the key benefits of the ROM you have installed over the stock Android 9 I'm running now. I'm wondering if it is worth the effort (I enjoy tinkering in order to optimize performance) or should I leave well enough alone.
Thanks in advance for any help and info you could provide.

Lolithetrolli

Apr 13, 2018
Hi:
I've had the F! for about 6 months now (and with the exception of the quality of the camera, which has been well documented) I've been loving it !
I have experience with installing custom ROM's in the past with previous Android phones and have been considering installing one on the F1. Would you mind pointing out the key benefits of the ROM you have installed over the stock Android 9 I'm running now. I'm wondering if it is worth the effort (I enjoy tinkering in order to optimize performance) or should I leave well enough alone.
Thanks in advance for any help and info you could provide.

Well, *gulp*. I'm going to have to retract my previous statement (I actually came back here to do so). I just now found a really serious problem. Everytime I download a large number of individual files (such as photos) in quick succession on Chrome ( I didn't test other browsers) my phone will show the "power off'" screen and will continously boot back into TWRP... Nothing I do can get me out of TWRP, and I can't even get the damn phone to power off. I ended up reflashing Lineage 3 more times to see if this was a consistent problem, and it is. It always shuts down and bootloops if I download a lot of files in Chrome. I'm honestly kinda shocked. So all I can say is don't flash this...

coffenk

Jan 4, 2012
Montreal
Well, *gulp*. I'm going to have to retract my previous statement (I actually came back here to do so). I just now found a really serious problem. Everytime I download a large number of individual files (such as photos) in quick succession on Chrome ( I didn't test other browsers) my phone will show the "power off'" screen and will continously boot back into TWRP... Nothing I do can get me out of TWRP, and I can't even get the damn phone to power off. I ended up reflashing Lineage 3 more times to see if this was a consistent problem, and it is. It always shuts down and bootloops if I download a lot of files in Chrome. I'm honestly kinda shocked. So all I can say is don't flash this...
Thanks for the update. I guess I'll leave it as is for now. Hope you get things all sorted out.
Good luck !

Calebano

Nov 4, 2016
Will Google pay work on this ROM? Debating upgrading to it and that's a big feature I depend on

sanoayyk

Feb 11, 2019
Solution of boot problem

After several reboots, my phone suddenly reboots automatically, rebooting into TWRP. Then it never boots into system.
I found stock recovery can let the phone boot into system again!
Just flash stock recovery, phone will reboot into stock recovery once to show you an error message and require a data erase.
But don't select data erase, just select "try again" and your phone can boot normally.

LyrielAlk

Jan 21, 2020
4g not work

My 4g doesn't work either
In fact, neither normal calls nor text messages or anything related work.

jamesluket

Jan 28, 2020
I really like this rom. The only issue i am having so far is that mms doesn't download messages. I have the apn setting correct. Any help would be appreciated.

Kangburra

Sep 7, 2007
After several reboots, my phone suddenly reboots automatically, rebooting into TWRP. Then it never boots into system.
I found stock recovery can let the phone boot into system again!
Just flash stock recovery, phone will reboot into stock recovery once to show you an error message and require a data erase.
But don't select data erase, just select "try again" and your phone can boot normally.

Can you post the recovery you got to work please, as I cannot get it to work with two I have.

Reactions: SnapTheRipper

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction

This is my port of LineageOS 17.0 for the UMIDIGI F1, with things mostly working as they are expected to. This ROM depends on the official vendor image, so please be sure you are on the latest official build before flashing this ROM onto your device. Also, since these MTK devices often come with some strange variants, please be aware that your lineage may vary.

Known Bugs

- VoLTE does not work (and probably won't work on any MTK device with custom ROMs any time soon) due to MTK's proprietary extensions.
    - (Fixed since 20191230) Sometimes data connection can be randomly lost during reconnections. This can be fixed by either a reboot or `pkill phone` in a root shell (terminal).

Flashing Instructions

1. You MUST flash my TWRP port available here before trying to install the ROM
    2. Reboot into TWRP, wipe data (no format needed), then install the ROM zip
    3. Install anything else you would like (Magisk, OpenGAPPs, etc. OpenGAPPS beta for Android 10: https://sourceforge.net/projects/opengapps/files/arm64/beta/)
    4. Reboot into system and enjoy.

Downloads

20191230-1: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261687930

20191105-1: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261619909

Source code

Device tree available at https://github.com/PeterCxy/android_device_umidigi_F1
    Kernel source code is not available from UMIDIGI, unfortunately.

Screenshots (with OpenGAPPS beta)

ix-G.png

cnSH.png
    Android 11 for umidigi F1

Made google backup »»» unlocked bootloader
    flashed with smart phone flash tool in 1 time :
    1 > preloader
    2 > TWRP recovery to make backup later
    3 > system > lineage-18.0-20201017-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvS.img

Reboot phone, setting wifi, updates google play, restore backup google play, give usb debugging for transfer files.
    checked gps, phone, music, wifi and many more. This is the last OS to test and I will keep this.
    for stability an security everything looks good and works perfect. I will not change anymore.
    Last test is battery and how it will connect in different places.

when i started fresh, rom asked everything and put back my google backup. Love this rom.
    What do you mean by "This ROM depends on the official vendor image" Do I need to flash the latest firmware from Umidigi, then flash Lineage?
    What do you mean by "This ROM depends on the official vendor image" Do I need to flash the latest firmware from Umidigi, then flash Lineage?

Actually I don't think there is much change in umidigi's firmware so you are probably fine with pretty much any vendor image. I am on the September vendor image which shows as 20190724
    It is not technically impossible, but it would require a LOT of effort to reverse-engineer an entire kernel by piecing together open-source components from other manufacturers, and many of these vendors using MTK SoCs do not have open-source kernel just like Umidigi, though it's technically illegal to do so. I'm definitely not going to do this any time soon.

Now I'm lost ? don't get me wrong, I didn't started yet to develop, but if Umidigi has an "open source" kernel, could it be decompiled somehow from the stock firmware?