How to Fix Invalid IMEI Problem of a MediaTek Android Phone

Search This thread

subodhpoudyal

Jul 29, 2015
Usually Invalid IMEI error occurs after you flash your MediaTek device. No need to worry as there is a simple fix for this issue. No need of root privileges on either method.

Method 1: (Works even if your phone a single error of Invalid IMEI or both if you have a dual sim)
1. Open dialpad and input *#06# (If a single sim is working you can see an IMEI and another is invalid, you can find invalid IMEI under battery of your phone)
2. Copy IMEI number.
3. If no sim is working you can find those numbers just below your phone battery.
4. Open mobile uncle, click engineer mode and chose android or mtk.
5. Go to connectivity, CDS Information, then radio information and chose the sim that isn't working, either one or two.
6. For sim 1 press phone 1, Click on AT+ on the top and type these AT+EGMR=1,7,"XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"..... Here "XX.....X" is your IMEI number. Type it (make sure its in quotes). Now click send then reboot.
7. If invalid sim is sim 2 then click phone 2 and type AT+EGMR=1,10,"XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" , click send then reboot.

Method 2:
Dial “* # * # 3646633 # * # * 2- then follow that path –> CDS info –> Radio info –> Phone1 (for the first imei) 3- at the top there is a command line which begins “AT+” just type there “AT +EGMR=1,7,”IMEI_1? (instead of IMEI_1 put your first imei number) 4- hit send command 5-if you done just reboot the phone, if you change the second imei go to step 2 and select “Phone2? 6-and enter the code “AT +EGMR=1,10,”IMEI_2? (instead of IMEI_2 put your second imei number) hit send command 7-reboot 8-Dail ” *#06#” Check Imei(onlyshow the first one)

Last edited:

souravrouth5

Nov 25, 2015
Baseband unknown and IMEI invalid in Micromax A120 jellybean

I tried this method on my Micromax A120 jellybean.
When I tap in send button it shows "AT command failed to send".
What to do now sir ? :confused:

Sent from my Micromax A089 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Anshutiger5

Jan 14, 2017
IMEI invalid in CCIT S8 pro

I have a CCIT S8 pro chinese phone. which i have flashed two weeks later but now the problem is phones imei is showing invalid what should i do plz help me. Thanks in advance. Plz help.

psg

Aug 5, 2004
I've got info for first time: "This command is not allowed in UserBuild" because my ERGO A500 add by himself this AT+ command without space
Then I made some research and it's important to add SPACE between AT and + so it must be AT + not just AT+ like exactly like @subodhpoudyal wrote above

Last edited:

doc.hafedh

Account currently disabled
Dec 11, 2015
GB
meettomy.site
I've got info for first time: "This command is not allowed in UserBuild" because my ERGO A500 add by himself this AT+ command without space
Then I made some research and it's important to add SPACE between AT and + so it must be AT + not just AT+ like exactly like @subodhpoudyal wrote above

hi bro,
i put a space bitween + and E but i steel have the same ERROR "This command is not allowed in UserBuild"...
so how could i fix it

Rumble_Fish

Nov 1, 2018
Berlin
hi bro,
i put a space bitween + and E but i steel have the same ERROR "This command is not allowed in UserBuild"...
so how could i fix it

The best tool for fixing Invalid IMEI in MTK devices is Maui META. Google it.
When it is installed connect your device (make sure you have the correct USB drivers and debugging enabled in developer options)
The tool works on your phone whilst the device is in META mode.

There are many guides online on how to use it,

It works better than anything else and it is incredibly user friendly,

Rumble_Fish

Hovatek

Dec 29, 2013
Lagos
www.hovatek.com
The Engineering mode method doesn't work on all phones. Tools like SN Writer, Maui Meta and hardware boxes / dongles (e.g Infinity CM2, Miracle box, NCK box etc) would prove more reliable. You can read up mod edit - blog links removed for many other methods

Last edited by a moderator:

sobhy96

Mar 25, 2020
i have a problem

now i have a problem i flashed my phone lenovo a7010 and i've invalid imei and when i enter the engineering mtk mode there is no cds information option i tried alot and no solution

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Usually Invalid IMEI error occurs after you flash your MediaTek device. No need to worry as there is a simple fix for this issue. No need of root privileges on either method.

Method 1: (Works even if your phone a single error of Invalid IMEI or both if you have a dual sim)
    1. Open dialpad and input *#06# (If a single sim is working you can see an IMEI and another is invalid, you can find invalid IMEI under battery of your phone)
    2. Copy IMEI number.
    3. If no sim is working you can find those numbers just below your phone battery.
    4. Open mobile uncle, click engineer mode and chose android or mtk.
    5. Go to connectivity, CDS Information, then radio information and chose the sim that isn't working, either one or two.
    6. For sim 1 press phone 1, Click on AT+ on the top and type these AT+EGMR=1,7,"XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"..... Here "XX.....X" is your IMEI number. Type it (make sure its in quotes). Now click send then reboot.
    7. If invalid sim is sim 2 then click phone 2 and type AT+EGMR=1,10,"XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" , click send then reboot.

Method 2:
    Dial “* # * # 3646633 # * # * 2- then follow that path –> CDS info –> Radio info –> Phone1 (for the first imei) 3- at the top there is a command line which begins “AT+” just type there “AT +EGMR=1,7,”IMEI_1? (instead of IMEI_1 put your first imei number) 4- hit send command 5-if you done just reboot the phone, if you change the second imei go to step 2 and select “Phone2? 6-and enter the code “AT +EGMR=1,10,”IMEI_2? (instead of IMEI_2 put your second imei number) hit send command 7-reboot 8-Dail ” *#06#” Check Imei(onlyshow the first one)