SPB Mobile Shell 2.1 Theme / Skin Collections Thread

Search This thread

Splitter

Jul 12, 2007
Since the mods for 2.0 don't seem to work for 2.1, please place your MS2.1 themes and mods here!

Thanks all!

paulsg63

Mar 17, 2006
Thanks to all you smart guys.....

Can't wait to see the new skins with the cool VM and Data icons.

If there is an easy way to add these new features on the existing skins... I can try changing the ones I have.

Thanks again...

Paul G

deedee

May 28, 2007
Coleraine
They don't work in the sense that the new icons, voicemail, data connection, don't show in the new skins. Other than they they work just fine.

ayyu3m

Oct 19, 2007
System Error
data connection icon - what we know so far and fixed qa_layout.dat

Nice to see a new thread. So lets freshen up about the newest data connection icon.

Whats been updated in MS2.1
- Professional now screen shows the data connection icon when data is in progress or connected to ActiveSync/WMDC
- qa_operator_small.dat has been updated which includes the *.bmp for data icons
- LockScreen.xml which includes the updated source code for qa_operator_small.dat as shown below

Code:
LockScreen.xml

<Layout Name="Detailed">

<Plugin Class="Spb.LSP.Operator" Name="Operator" Skin="qa_operator_small" DoubleSkin="va_operator_small" MiddleSkin="ma_operator_small" BoldFont="n">
<Point Name="Spacing" X="5" Y="0"/>
<Int Name="ShowConnectionStatus" Value="1"/>
</Plugin>

Here: Fix for 9 Button Layout
- you can now get 9 menu buttons and as well as the data connection icon when data is in progress.
- only thing replaced in this fixed qa_layout.dat is the launcher.xml which is the previously modded for 9 menu buttons
- may not work with some modded skins as they do not include the Professional now screen layout

:cool:

Last edited:

^^rac

Dec 19, 2006
Cape Town
Cool!

Im interested to see who is gonna release the first "official" MS2.1 skin!

This is getting exciting!

Lata!

^^r

jarotbudiono

Mar 24, 2005
Japan
RoboDad PointUI Theme

I second that, with some other updates:

1. Eliminate the tab buttons, since the theme is gesture enabled. We can use the additional space for something else.

2. Redesign battery and signal icons. No need to have them big in home layout, small like in other layouts is just fine.

3. I don't see the need to keep MRU layout there. It would be better if it is replaced by task/appointment plugin such as Pocket Informant.

Thank you, RoboDad. Now you know, your fans are getting demanding.

Last edited:

bchandler78

Dec 20, 2007

1. Eliminate the tab buttons, since the theme is gesture enabled. We can use the additional space for something else.

2. Redesign battery and signal icons. No need to have them big in home layout, small like in other layouts is just fine.

3. I don't see the need to keep MRU layout there. It would be better if it is replaced by task/appointment plugin such as Pocket Informant.

I second all of that I would love to see the theme you just described!!!!

ljinsane

Apr 26, 2007
Can someone make this compatible for the new version? and add the forth addon page to it? Thank you

screen02lg0.th.png
my.php

It was based on this theme by lepsyfou and the only thing that was changed was the background

Here are the files:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pil1sx
Thanks to everybody who has been working on such great creations

fletch713

Apr 26, 2005

I disagree with #1 and #2. The tab buttons and the big battery and signal icons are aesthetically pleasing, as particularly evident in the themes from kulet78 and RoboDad. If I wanted lots of small icons and a cluttered look, I'd stick with the default WM today page.

And personally, I've grown to like the MRU page in kulet's layout. Swipe one way and I have my frequently used programs. Swipe the other way, and I have the full menu page. But because it basically comes down to one gesture versus two gestures to get to any program I have, I don't feel strongly about MRU one way or the other. That being said, there's already a calendar page (nice move to enhance the look of the home page), and I haven't seen anyone successfully incorporate pocket informant (or PocketBreeze...).

kulet78

Jun 11, 2006
Calm

Good morning,

Enlight of the new 2.1 version, I have created a theme that will include the voicemail icon. If you may have noticed in my previous themes, I don't use the "small" data connection icons so this theme would not have it also. In my future themes I may include it but we'll see. For now, here's my first 2.1 version theme I call "Calm".

Note: I have grouped tabs into 3 different MAIN (bottom icons) sections:

Programs Section
> Launcher
> MRU

Clock Section
> Now
> Calender

Contacts Section
> 3 pages of contact pages

Gesture is limited to pages within each MAIN section since I grouped everything using xml code (used subforms within subforms). To go to a MAIN section, simply tap the related bottom icon. Each page within MAIN section will have an indicator at the bottom showing which page is currently displayed. Lastly, which ever page you're in before going to a different MAIN section, going back to previous MAIN section will show last page selected. For example, you're in Programs > MRU, then you tapped on Clock, when you tap on Programs again, it will display MRU screen not Launcher screen which is the first page.

I apologize for the lenghty intro, I figured this will answer a few questions before they're asked.

As always, this includes today tsk and S2U2 wallpapers (non-animated). It's also support landscape mode.

Portrait Screenshot:

masterpme5.png

Landscape Screenshot:

masterlfk7.png

Download: For some reason attachment isn't working for me. ???

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UKIPX6IM

Have a good one!

fletch713

Apr 26, 2005
Good morning,

Enlight of the new 2.1 version, I have created a theme that will include the voicemail icon. If you may have noticed in my previous themes, I don't use the "small" data connection icons so this theme would not have it also. In my future themes I may include it but we'll see. For now, here's my first 2.1 version theme I call "Calm".

Outstanding! The design is getting more and more innovative. Just as I'm getting used to one theme, a new, improved one comes along. Now I just have to make more friends to fill up three pages of contacts.

ivtec20

Aug 17, 2007
Kulet,

Which tab is listed as Tab1? I use the Spb watcher to automatically return me to the Now screen whenever my Today screen comes up, but on these themes with the calender Now screen listed as 1 and the time Now screen listed as 3, I'm brought to the wrong now screen (calender instead of time).

Thanks,

Adam

Good morning,

Programs Section
> Launcher
> MRU

Clock Section
> Now
> Calender

Contacts Section

Gesture is limited to pages within each MAIN section since I grouped everything using xml code (used subforms within subforms). To go to a MAIN section, simply tap the related bottom icon. Each page within MAIN section will have an indicator at the bottom showing which page is currently displayed. Lastly, which ever page you're in before going to a different MAIN section, going back to previous MAIN section will show last page selected. For example, you're in Programs > MRU, then you tapped on Clock, when you tap on Programs again, it will display MRU screen not Launcher screen which is the first page.

I apologize for the lenghty intro, I figured this will answer a few questions before they're asked.

As always, this includes today tsk and S2U2 wallpapers (non-animated). It's also support landscape mode.

Download: For some reason attachment isn't working for me. ???

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UKIPX6IM

Have a good one!

Kulet78!!!!! Your work just gets better and better!!! I've been waiting for a good theme based on 2.1 before downloading, and I know have a worthy replacement of your latest Blue Ray.

Question: The small dots that represent the subform, is that part of the background graphic? Before Blue Ray I was using the Russian theme with text buttons - and I found that the contact pages with names (VIP, Friends, Work) was very handy. Can those dots be text?

Oh yeah... And a 10th icon for something besides games??

Thanks... And again I am soooo impressed.

Last edited:

jarotbudiono

Mar 24, 2005
Japan
Can someone make this compatible for the new version? and add the forth addon page to it? Thank you

screen02lg0.th.png
my.php

It was based on this theme by lepsyfou and the only thing that was changed was the background

Thanks to everybody who has been working on such great creations

This is nearly what I am dying to get. It will be perfect if the forth page integration of pocket informant. And the Now page is integrated with PocketAlarm.

Thank you Ijinsane.

Zenoran

Feb 4, 2008
Ohio
im pretty happy with standard skin but does someone have one that would get rid of the X button and/or add another page of something useful instead? I see a lot of these skins have a 4th page... so a 4th page plus get rid of X on others...

new version compatable.. :)

azzambm

Jan 23, 2008
Syria
Programs Section
> Launcher
> MRU

Clock Section
> Now
> Calender

Contacts Section
Have a good one!

It's...........AMAZING...
Good job, you've opened the door to a whole new level...
Keep up the good work...

Top Liked Posts