Search This thread

Pedamann

Sep 24, 2010
Bay Area
Sad sad me...

I keep checking every hour for version 6! I am like a kid on Christmas eve... :)

Not that i want to rush TW... But damn i am excited!

RaymondPJR

Oct 7, 2010
Portland
obsidian

I can wait no longer, I'm doing my very first flash right now. I've got everything ready I'll need to recover including a fresh pair of underpants if I get bricked! lol! I'll just reflash when V6 comes out. Install Complete! Yay!:D

RaymondPJR

Oct 7, 2010
Portland
obsidian

Right on. That's the spirit! You're well on your way to becoming addicted to flashing ROM's.

Well, I do feel kind of naughty, but not cheap. Being a flashing whore can't be all that bad. Lol! I'm leavin' it alone for 15 minutes like the instructions said. Can't wait. I re-read about the headphones issue a discovered I misunderstood. I works when listening to music but not on phone calls. I can live with that!:D

RaymondPJR

Oct 7, 2010
Portland
obsidian

Minor snag, guys. I went from 2.1 to 2.2. I'm not supposed to restore the app data, just the apps cause it can cause problems. Don't have the option to just restore the apps?:confused: What to do?

Options:

Restore missing apps + all system data

Restore all apps with data

Opps! I'll post this anyway as another noob might learn from it. The first version is the system data, just like it says. Dooh! Sorry.:)

DroidDavi

Mar 29, 2010
Las Vegas
hey

im having an issue some apps aren't installing for me the bar goes to 100% and then just sits there any one got a solution

RaymondPJR

Oct 7, 2010
Portland
obsidian

Damn, I'm so embarrassed! I just undid the whole process, got a little confused when I came to restoring CWM which was already in the new ROM. Well, I'll just have to let it finish, then start over!:D

w_bovine

Jul 27, 2010
The Pit of Despair
Minor snag, guys. I went from 2.1 to 2.2. I'm not supposed to restore the app data, just the apps cause it can cause problems. Don't have the option to just restore the apps?:confused: What to do?

Options:

Restore missing apps + all system data

Restore all apps with data

Opps! I'll post this anyway as another noob might learn from it. The first version is the system data, just like it says. Dooh! Sorry.:)

Yeah...just restore apps+data. Restoring system data can bring all sorts of woe. If you're careful you can restore some system data, like WiFi and Bluetooth settings, but I've never really bothered since those things are so easy to do manually.

w_bovine

Jul 27, 2010
The Pit of Despair
Damn, I'm so embarrassed! I just undid the whole process, got a little confused when I came to restoring CWM which was already in the new ROM. Well, I'll just have to let it finish, then start over!:D

Don't worry about it. Though it doesn't sound like you are! :D

You'll pick up a lot from actually going through the process time and time again as any respectable flashing whore would. Read lots too, especially after a new ROM is unleashed.

RaymondPJR

Oct 7, 2010
Portland
obsidian

Well, now I've got the dreaded Odin not recognizing my device so I can't go back to stock. I don't understand as I've never had a problem syncing before to move files back and forth from my Vibrant. I have tried several links on xda for the proper samsung drivers and one led me to a site for some sort of driver download app. Don't want that, just the friggin' drivers! Gonna see if I can google and get them from Samsung direct.:(

RaymondPJR

Oct 7, 2010
Portland
obsidian

Anyone know the model code, there are about 5 at least. LOL! I've never been able to find the model code. Hmmm, lets look near the battery.:confused:

RaymondPJR

Oct 7, 2010
Portland
obsidian

Success! Luckily I'm in the habit of saving files and just happend to have a copy hiding in my 'Downloads' folder. Odin chugging away right now! Underpants soiled though. LOL! Wow, it's already rebooting!:)

RaymondPJR

Oct 7, 2010
Portland
obsidian

Am I the only fool on the west coast in this forum tonight? Anyway time to do it all over! Thanks everyone for the weeks of reading and careful planning, leading to my first soft brick! Couldn't' have done it without you.:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Logo.jpg
    All of Team Whiskeys roms perform a full system wipe​

OFFICIAL HOME OF BIONIX AND TEAM WHISKEY
    http://board.teamwhiskey.com/index.php
    http://www.teamwhiskey.com/
    http://webchat.freenode.net/
    irc.freenode.net / #teamwhiskey

Beta 3 is the most stable build yet. Technically, it should be out of beta, but I still have a couple more modifications to throw in. You won't have any problems with this build. PLEASE run this rom as is and report bugs. DO NOT flash this and then flash other kernels or modifications and then post bugs because we'll have no idea if its the rom or the other kernels or mods you've installed causing the problem.

Nero Beta 3:
    - Updated Market
    - Updated VoiceSearch
    - Fixed blurry mms issue
    - Mounting issue fixed (hopefully)
    - Added multiple lock screens and Power menu options (HUGE thanks to Jocelyn for her contribution!)
    - New shutdown sound
    - New livewallpaper
    - New status icons
    - init script edits for a little extra speed (still tweaking to get it just right)
    - Framework edits

Please check out our forum for tons of extras, and don't forget to visit us in our IRC for any help you may need, we're happy to assist.

Nero Beta 2:
    - Full JL1 base with our modifications of course
    - Heavily modified to look and feel like the nexus s (gingerbread)
    - Fixed the black text on black submenu issue. its not white text on black as it should be.
    - Modified init scripts for added speed
    - Updated Maps
    - Updated Gmail
    - Updated YouTube
    - Additional Framework edits
    - New Bootanimation

Download:
    Nero Beta 3
    me too #nohomo
    I replaced the background of the stock Nexus LWP to the background of the gingerbread Nexus LWP made by the3dman. It completes the gingerbread look :cool: Clockwork flashable zip included.

nexus.jpgsnap20101210004741.jpg
    Thanks for the tip. But are you sure resetting the battery stats after flashing a new ROM won't mess up the battery life in any manner? Wanna be sure about this before I start doing this.

when you flash a new rom, it alters the current battery reading, in other
    words, it doesn't read it correctly. that's why you have to reset battery
    stats to have a correct info through the rom.. resetting the stats doesn't
    ruin your battery's life. it simply corrects the reading. Thus reconditioning
    your battery brings more life to your battery and is healthy to do twice in
    a month...

here's how to correctly recondition/reset your battery stats:

1. make sure you drain the battery completely to the point when it shutdowns
    by itself.
    2. charge it without turning it on for about 4-6 hours.
    3. after you've done that, go to cw by the key combinations (leaving the connection plugged in)
    4. reinstall packages, go to advance, reset battery stats,
    5. reboot
    6. wait for it to finish scanning media then unplug.
    7. reboot one more time.

p.s. cheers to TW for this lightning fast rom :)
    sorry to bother you guys. can anyone please help with a functional link for downloading stock T959UVJFD.. need to odin it before upgrading to nero beta 2. all the links on xda so far are broken and been unsuccessful trying to download.

here you go my friend:
    http://www.multiupload.com/IFSJECTS3L

full odin package, comes with pit and ODin ;)
    T959UVJFD