[Q] Straight Talk On Android ect...

Search This thread

eris_evil

Aug 1, 2010
McDonough, ga
I was wondering if anyone knows how to put straight talk on a cdma android phone. Preferably a Droid Eris. Please any knowledge? Let this be a general question.

rogerski1

Jul 7, 2010
Not possible. Go to Howardforums.com and check out the straight talk forums. You need to use a straight talk phone. You might want to check out page plus cellular, they offer bring your own device on verizons network.

Sent from my ERIS using XDA App

MrObvious

Mar 1, 2008
Wichita KS
Oh ok well what about boost mobile

Sent from my CM6 Aria froyo

Boost mobile isn't CDMA or GSM

It's IDEN (I think that's the acronym).

Wont work.

Wrong. Your information is out of date pko. Boost was bought out by Sprint a while back and uses both IDEN and CDMA. The CDMA part is now the actual Sprint network so from what I have heard on various other forums you can get any Sprint phone and run it on Sprint prepaid (Boost). They have an unlimited everything plan for $60/mo. Or better yet you can get a Sprint 450 minute plan for less and get unlimited texting and data I believe.

eris_evil

Aug 1, 2010
McDonough, ga
Well now I've got boost with full evdo network. Not 1xevdo full evdo. Anyone that wants to know how I did it I will tell you if I see a request I am tired of uptight people hiding and keeping secret thing that people wanna know.

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

SupraLance

Nov 12, 2010
Stone County, Missouri
it won't happen. I have heard Straight-talk has an esn white-list of phones sold for Straight-talk. Phones not on the list can't access the network, even if the same model as a phone they sell. But if you are near wifi most of your day, page plus is a better deal anyway.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

pkopalek

Feb 11, 2010
Buffalo, NY
it won't happen. I have heard Straight-talk has an esn white-list of phones sold for Straight-talk. Phones not on the list can't access the network, even if the same model as a phone they sell. But if you are near wifi most of your day, page plus is a better deal anyway.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

other than esn hacking then, this is impossible.

Darn.

Sent from my Eris using XDA App

willpower102

Apr 20, 2006
knoxville, tn
Well now I've got boost with full evdo network. Not 1xevdo full evdo. Anyone that wants to know how I did it I will tell you if I see a request I am tired of uptight people hiding and keeping secret thing that people wanna know.

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

You are contributing to this problem and should go on your way.
Anyway who wants to be pm'd to share their methods is either selling something, spamming people, or simply a selfish person who has no business on a community forum. :D

iMp0rt

Jan 24, 2012
not hackin more like clonin/donor

if i got a straight talk phone already. cant i just have that one as a donor for my evo 3d or my eris htc. i dont think im hacking since i own both evo3d and eris htc both with clean esn... and the straight talk one i own it to and its clean... is it more like modifying...right???????

silverramsrt

Dec 12, 2009
NC
if people want an Eris like phone on straight talk, just get the Samsung. Its better than the Eris anyway. Plus no hacking...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

justan00b

Apr 27, 2011
if i got a straight talk phone already. cant i just have that one as a donor for my evo 3d or my eris htc. i dont think im hacking since i own both evo3d and eris htc both with clean esn... and the straight talk one i own it to and its clean... is it more like modifying...right???????

You need a ST donor phone, yeah, but you should never turn it on or activate it, just need it for the MEID. if you already activated it you're SOL, need a new donor.

T3L3C0lVlT3CH

Mar 1, 2012
NoWhere
For Anyone who cares

Let me start off with saying, I have been screwed over by VZW far too many times to allow them to continue pliaging my pockets. I'm currently working on converting my Verizon (CDMA) Smart phones (HTC Incredible; 1st Gen Android; iPhone 4) over to straight talk.

Now for all you nay sayers, who, for the longest time have made claims that it can not be done; well I tell you it can. I know it's a cliche, but as people have said before, "where there's a will, there is a way!"

This will involve a very intimate understanding of all the mobile networks there are, and, the different networks Straight Talk uses. For anyone who is currently pondering the question "Can I flash/spoof, or otherwise get an AT&T phone on a CDMA network?" The answer is and always will be NO! This will never change. The only exception to the rule is the iPhone4s. This is due in part, to the fact the iPhone 4s was originally designed to be a world phone. This means that the iPhone 4s has the capabilities to switch to CDMA from GSM and vice versa.

If Straight Talk does have a white list of ESNs that have acess to the network, then that would be a tiny problem. I say tiny problem because it can be overcome. This comes down to legalities though. In order to get any CDMA phone (to include verizon phones) onto the straight talk network, you will first have to buy a Straight Talk (CDMA) smart phone. Next you'll have to unlock your current Verizon phone (or any other CDMA network phone, i.e. Sprint, Boost, etc.) from the current carrier. Then you'll need to spoof your IMEI and ESN to what ever your current Straight Talk phone's IMEI/ESN is. You should be able to find some software to assist with this, by doing a google search (specific site will follow in my next thread.

Spoofing both the IMEI and ESN are very important, as the ESN is unique to the IMEI. Essentially, you are fooling the network into thinking that the phone accessing the network is the one you bought from Straight Talk. Another reason for this is so that VZW never catches the on to what you're doing, considering they monitor the data usage of each phone on thier network. If they notice an IMEI from the phone previously on thier network, now with a new carrier who offers cheaper services, they will cut and block you from their network.

(The following thread is a concept in progress. If anyone else thinks they have another/easier way to do it, please feel free to comment)

All questions are welcome, however, if you lack a basic understanding of the cellular technology or the information flow through the mobile networks, I will probably ignore your question. (SO GOOGLE IT!)

JTStudios

Jan 14, 2012
Syracuse
GSM phones

I know this is old but just reading around thought id post, i just bought an atrix 2 online an at/t phone and got straight talk last week, and all you need is a GSM phone on bands 850 and 1900 mhz thru T-mobile at/t or unlocked and your good, they dont do cdma because it gets complicated if you use anyhing then the phones they sell. But i can report on my "4g'' phone which is HSPA+ i get 8mbp/s up and 2 mbp/s down in my area, so great service!

dellio

May 2, 2012
i'd suggest page plus - its also on the verizon network... nothing special needed, just a clean esn eris - call pageplus and they'll activate you for free, free $2 to get you started and then all you do is buy pins to refill service.

also, you can load cricket prl and some more to get cricket working...

I know this is old but just reading around thought id post, i just bought an atrix 2 online an at/t phone and got straight talk last week, and all you need is a GSM phone on bands 850 and 1900 mhz thru T-mobile at/t or unlocked and your good, they dont do cdma because it gets complicated if you use anyhing then the phones they sell. But i can report on my "4g'' phone which is HSPA+ i get 8mbp/s up and 2 mbp/s down in my area, so great service!