[ROM][GSM][XT910] Official Latam GB 2.3.6 Retail.BR [RSD Lite]

Search This thread

R3dbeaver

Feb 17, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario
Pedro, since you're close to the guys from Eternity, any chance you can get them to post the fastboot files for the Canadian roms? Can you ask them to give us a rough idea on how they get those roms and why the Canadian ones have not been made available yet?

they're usually leaked stuff....

it just means nobody ever found a Canadian fastboot ROMS....

...yet.

trust me, im waiting for one too.

Reactions: pulsarvp
Given that same-signature ROMs have been leaked and considering variety of markets ROMs have been leaked for I'd assume they've all been leaked from the single central repository so it's just a matter of copying Canadian ROMs as well. That's why would be cool if someone close to team releasing leaks could ask.

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
decantodepoetas.blogspot.com
Given that same-signature ROMs have been leaked and considering variety of markets ROMs have been leaked for I'd assume they've all been leaked from the single central repository so it's just a matter of copying Canadian ROMs as well. That's why would be cool if someone close to team releasing leaks could ask.

That's true. I think ICS may come for any of latam and Canada coutries and if comes as ota we will need the stock roms. Good point

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Marcb

Aug 11, 2008
Pedro, me da uma ajuda por favor!
Acabei de adquirir um Razr e ja tive Milestone 1, Defy e um Atrix... mas pelo que eu andei lendo do Razr, o negócio de ROMs ficou mais complicado... não é mais aquela coisa de pegar um SBF de qualquer país e instalar no celular, correto? Agora parece que estão sendo assinados até por região, certo? Caso exista um update mais recente pra outro país, não posso simplesmente instala-lo via RSD Lite?
Aliás, até o arquivo "SBF" parece que não é mais a mesma coisa, agora eu vejo o pessoal falando pra instalar os arquivos fastboot... o que aconteceu com o velho SBF?
No meu caso, tenho um Razr com ROM 2.3.5 da Vivo e quero colocar a 2.3.6 Retail, não tenho problema em baixar este arquivo ai e instalar via RSD Lite, certo? Neste caso o processo é simples assim?
Obrigado pela ajuda

In english:

Dear Pedro
I could use your help with my newly acquired Razr.
I've been an owner of several Motorola devices like Milestone, Defy and the Atrix, and it seems the method for flashing has changed for the Razr, is that so?
The SBF files are not here anymore and everybody is talking about flashing "Fastboot" files... and also, apparentely, there's a region lock for the firmwares!?
So, to sum up, is the process remains the same but there are a lot of security stuff involved?

Thank you for your help!

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
Pedro, me da uma ajuda por favor!
Acabei de adquirir um Razr e ja tive Milestone 1, Defy e um Atrix... mas pelo que eu andei lendo do Razr, o negócio de ROMs ficou mais complicado... não é mais aquela coisa de pegar um SBF de qualquer país e instalar no celular, correto? Agora parece que estão sendo assinados até por região, certo? Caso exista um update mais recente pra outro país, não posso simplesmente instala-lo via RSD Lite?
Aliás, até o arquivo "SBF" parece que não é mais a mesma coisa, agora eu vejo o pessoal falando pra instalar os arquivos fastboot... o que aconteceu com o velho SBF?
No meu caso, tenho um Razr com ROM 2.3.5 da Vivo e quero colocar a 2.3.6 Retail, não tenho problema em baixar este arquivo ai e instalar via RSD Lite, certo? Neste caso o processo é simples assim?
Obrigado pela ajuda

In english:

Dear Pedro
I could use your help with my newly acquired Razr.
I've been an owner of several Motorola devices like Milestone, Defy and the Atrix, and it seems the method for flashing has changed for the Razr, is that so?
The SBF files are not here anymore and everybody is talking about flashing "Fastboot" files... and also, apparentely, there's a region lock for the firmwares!?
So, to sum up, is the process remains the same but there are a lot of security stuff involved?

Thank you for your help!

Exactly.

Sbf was left behind we have a xml file instead. But it flashes the same way with rsd lite.

Since the razr battery is not removable you cannot charge it out with an universall charger, so, make sure you have full battery before flashing.

You can flash this 2.3.6 but not another region rom. We have locked bootloaders and a region signature verification but we'll get kexec a bootloader bypass as soon as 3.0.8 kernel source become avaliable.

be very wellcome to razr community and XDA

Abraço!

Reactions: ygorp

Luhccas-X10

May 26, 2010
Fortaleza - Ceará
Everything working flawlessly since wednesday :)
I'm new on Motorola family and the only drawback for me is the odexed ROM and all that Blur things that loves collect ours informations...
In addition, thanks for the archives dude!

Marcb

Aug 11, 2008
Exactly.

Sbf was left behind we have a xml file instead. But it flashes the same way with rsd lite.

Since the razr battery is not removable you cannot charge it out with an universall charger, so, make sure you have full battery before flashing.

You can flash this 2.3.6 but not another region rom. We have locked bootloaders and a region signature verification but we'll get kexec a bootloader bypass as soon as 3.0.8 kernel source become avaliable.

be very wellcome to razr community and XDA

Abraço!

Thank you Pedro!

My Razr had the 2.3.6 Retail.EU firmware... I can just install the Retail BR over it?

Also, I've downloaded the firmware in ZIP format... I have to UNZIP all those files and then select the XML file to flash it?

Thanks!

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
Thank you Pedro!

My Razr had the 2.3.6 Retail.EU firmware... I can just install the Retail BR over it?

Also, I've downloaded the firmware in ZIP format... I have to UNZIP all those files and then select the XML file to flash it?

Thanks!

Hi,
Do you have a custom rom, like a nandroid bkp?

Whats your baseband version?

jonkerv

Jul 29, 2011
Porto Alegre
Hello Peter, I just bought a Razr in Vivo, but would like to pass the version 2.3.6. Can I return to version 2.3.5 of Vivo if i want to? We will be able to update to ICS when released in Brazil? Thanks!

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
Hello Peter, I just bought a Razr in Vivo, but would like to pass the version 2.3.6. Can I return to version 2.3.5 of Vivo if i want to? We will be able to update to ICS when released in Brazil? Thanks!

Hi jonkerv!

You cant downgrade to 2.3.5 after this update. Ics from Brazil will most likely come to vivo razr. My advice is keep this version clean to get earlier the new android system. You'll probably receive the vivo 2.3.6 in a few days in order to get ics upgrade.

Btw. Vivo had released the update software again over motorola support website. Take a look and keep watching

Cheers

Enviado de meu XT910 usando o Tapatalk 2

Reactions: ygorp

pulsarvp

Nov 14, 2011
Dear Pedro, first thank you for your support to latam razr owners. Now a few questions.
My Razr is:
651.73.250.Brazil.en.BR
Android Version: 2.3.5
SLC: 25

Is 651.167.3370.XT910.Brasil.en.BR the "Next" one above my system, and if so, will I get this as an OTA before ICS OTA?
In other words, should I get these or wait for Ota updates?

Can I install ICS over 2.3.5 without getting 2.3.6?
Why 651.167.3370 hasn't been released OTA?

Thanks.

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
Dear Pedro, first thank you for your support to latam razr owners. Now a few questions.
My Razr is:
651.73.250.Brazil.en.BR
Android Version: 2.3.5
SLC: 25

Is 651.167.3370.XT910.Brasil.en.BR the "Next" one above my system, and if so, will I get this as an OTA before ICS OTA?
In other words, should I get these or wait for Ota updates?

Can I install ICS over 2.3.5 without getting 2.3.6?
Why 651.167.3370 hasn't been released OTA?

Thanks.

Hi!

You're welcome!

Yes. The gb 2.3.6 is the second update above ur version. There's another version between it.

Exactly. You'll get this ota in order to get Ics. But motorola may call users to update their devices. Any case the next update before ics will be release at most a week before it.

You cant install ics from gb 2.3.5 you must be on 2.3.6.
And for the above ota you have to be exactly in the op version.

Gb 236 is waiting Anatel homologation to be released ota. This will happen in next 15 days. Blame Anatel.

The motorola servers are been filled hardly in the past 2 days and its the ics for a lot of devices.

Cheers

Enviado de meu XT910 usando o Tapatalk 2

Reactions: pulsarvp

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
Is it ok if I am rooted with another method? Should I temp unroot before update?

And also if I update to 2.6 from 2.5 with RDS lite, will I get ICS as an OTA when it is available or I will have to use the method described by you in ICS Latam thread?

Thanks.

Hi!

Root with motofail after updating to GB 2.3.6 (believe me you'll loose root). Well, if any OTA comes out you should be able to receive it.

Cheers

pulsarvp

Nov 14, 2011
Ok, thanks to Pedro's instructions, I am on 2.3.6. It is smoother and WiFi is better with this.

One problem I have is that I backuped with MotoCast, and tried to restore after 2.3.6 was installed. My contacts are back, but the apps have not been restored, only the files and folders. Is this normal?

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
Ok, thanks to Pedro's instructions, I am on 2.3.6. It is smoother and WiFi is better with this.

One problem I have is that I backuped with MotoCast, and tried to restore after 2.3.6 was installed. My contacts are back, but the apps have not been restored, only the files and folders. Is this normal?

Files and folders of your apps were not deleted. You should have made a factory reset and erase internal memory to this.

Motocast doesn't restore yours apps.

Cheers

JeanCarloss

Jan 12, 2012
Panama City
Question

Hi i am noob in this motorola device, how to install this rom in one motorola Razr from Panama GSM? I will have some problem with the 3G signal? Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, All!

The very anticipated Official 2.3.6 RSD Lite update to all LatAm XT910 Razr.

System Info:

Branding: Retail.BR
    System Version: 651.167.3370.XT910.Brasil.en.BR
    Model Number: XT910
    Android Version: 2.3.6
    Baseband: U_1C.76.0FP
    Webtop: WT-2.0.0-139_BR
    Kernel: 2.6.35.7-gf7e58a1
    Download: EternityProject Website

Branding: Telcel.MX
    System Version: Please provide
    Kernel: Please provide
    Version: Please provide
    Download:EternityProject Website

Languages:
    screen201205051503ubuh.png

Root with J.Y.Daddy motofail.

This is not a nandroid backup but an official firmware for XT910 GSM Latam Devices.

Liked? Hit the thanks button!

pedrotorresfilho

Thanks to: kholk for hosting files on server.
    Pzyduck, daywalker04, kent_lkc.
    **** yea! bluetooth work now, at a castom rom's)

but wi-fi suck like for me.
    Repeat: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1373868&page=11

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Credits? daywalker04, kent_lkc and Firmware Team ;)
    Hi, All!

The very anticipated Official 2.3.6 RSD Lite update to all LatAm XT910 Razr.

System Info:

System Version: 651.167.3370.XT910.Brasil.en.BR
    Kernel: 2.6.35.7-gf7e58a1

This is not a nandroid backup but an official firmware for XT910 GSM Latam Devices. [Will complement this thread with a Mexico Tecel ROM already availiable]

EternityProject ROMs thread with links:

http://www.eternityproject.eu/topic/54-romgsmxt910-official-latam-gb-236-retail/

Will root it asap and take some ScreenShots. The Actual thread in EternityProject Forum with the links also will be changed to a dedicated one.

That's it!

If you liked, hit the thanks button!

Cheers!

pedrotorresfilho

Thanks to: kholk for hosting files on server.

Thanks Pedro.
    one problem only, registration on eternity... please send me link
    Best regards my friend.