PLEASE someone help me... I cant believe this is happening

Search This thread

zprovo

Feb 25, 2014
Ok so i just bought a new lg g2 d801.

I unlocked it succesfully, then went on to root it succesfully using ioroot.

Then I tried installing twrp using freegee and it didnt work giving me comparable results to this: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50501346&postcount=867

so I went on to install it manually from terminal emulator (I installed the rogers version as suggested by another user here as this is exactly my situation: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50502408&postcount=869

I followed this method for the code in terminal emulator:

su
dd if=/sdcard/recoveryfilename.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery

replacing "recoveryfilename" to the name of the rogers .img.

Now the phone just boots normally into the stock interface but it is all glitchy, no wifi, computer doesnt recognize it and then within about 1 minutes it boots into the lg logo with the "turning on" sound randomly and keeps doing that.

adb devices gives nothing. I cant browse the contents of it but it does seem to be interacting with the computer since it is saying "driver updating... etc."

Ahhhh not too sure what to do from here.

If anyone can guide me I will be infinitely grateful, so discouraged right now. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I just want to bring it back to stock, nothing valuable at all on it, I have had it for 4 hours.

jaidev.s

Nov 27, 2011
U can do a factory reset and see how it goes. Go to settings > general> backup and reset> factory reset.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

zprovo

Feb 25, 2014
I cant access any settings.

Just says: Error

In a little black box. I can browse the menus but cant actually enter into the specific settings areas.

I did factory reset from twrp which is accesible, didnt help.

Thank you though, I would love more ideas!

zprovo

Feb 25, 2014
Ok im going to try using the lg mobile support tool

I went in usb mode holding the up key and inserting the usb cable.

Seems to be working, downloading a ~2gb file.

I will update.

zprovo

Feb 25, 2014
of course my wifi cuts when the download is at 1443 of 1772 mb.

I think the gods have something against me today.

Should I cancel the download and start over? Doesn't seem to be picking up where it stopped.

jaidev.s

Nov 27, 2011
Do you have any other option to resume ur download?

zprovo

Feb 25, 2014
OK thank god it went through.

Installed the stock recovery succesfully.

Restored factory settings.

Still doing strange boot shutdowns randomly and wifi is not working. I cant access any settings.

It seems like there is rom compatibility issues or something.

What should my next step be?

Btw thank you so much for being here I really appreciate your help.

jaidev.s

Nov 27, 2011
Did u flash the stock rom or just recovery?

zprovo

Feb 25, 2014
Did u flash the stock rom or just recovery?

Just recovery I think... I just let the lg mobile support tool do its thing

It was in the usb download mode.

Now I am planning on attempting what you linked. Only problem is that the flash tool links are not up to date and I cant fidn where to download it.

jaidev.s

Nov 27, 2011
U should flash the whole stock rom, not just recovery, u will find all the necessary tools in the thread I mentioned

zprovo

Feb 25, 2014
I cannot seem to find the flash tool. What is the path where the download is located?

Thanks again...

jaidev.s

Nov 27, 2011
It's there in the first page of that thread

zprovo

Feb 25, 2014
I am actually going slowly insane right now.

I have been sitting in front of my computer for over 8 hours trying to get this back to functional condition.

I followed the procedure exactly as detailed, when I press "upgrade start" I get this:
Please install CSMG B2C Client Tool" "Select tool ->B2C Client setup

Absolutely discouraging. I wish I could just talk with someone right about now. I am making no progress.

Phone keeps turning on all the way through til the homepage then off again. I actually cant keep it off. It turns on by itself.

adb devices is now recognizing it but it says "offline"

Ideas? Recommendations?

I really appreciate everything so far

jaidev.s

Nov 27, 2011
Did u run that update tool before running the flash tool?

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

I've send u a pm, check it

zprovo

Feb 25, 2014
Thanks cccho. looking into this now looks like it could very well work.

I actually didnt even sleep last night. Havent done that in a long time, I figured I would manage to figure out by morning but I was not even close!

Much love to all who helped.

Hopefully this works.:good:

Actually I have a question... In your link they are using .tot files. I have only ever seen .kdz files for this purpose... Am I safe to follow the procedure with a stock .kdz file?

Thanks

Last edited:

zprovo

Feb 25, 2014
Ok so I have managed to succesfully reinstall the original exact videotron firmware that the phone was running just one day ago.

There is something else going on. Its still rebooting every 10 seconds, whenever there is a text input prompt the cursor goes when I press within the box but the keyboard never appears. Wifi is non functional. Imei is saying "null" now whichI find extremely worrying...

Anybody heard of this before? I would really love to understand what is happening to this seemingly incredibly fragile phone.

Im about ready to toss it in the trash.

It seems like it has a virus or something.

Every now and then during the short glimpses of functioning it undergoes, there is a small grey box that appears near the bottom that says error.

It is not recognising my sim card either.

Please somebody help me out, I am willing to pay for help at this point.

Much love,
Zach

Also, I can never close/lock the screen. If I close it, its a guaranteed reboot. Every signle time. so for the phone to work screen has to stay on. 24 hours ago it was showing absolutely no signs of any of this

Last edited: