[APP][Home] HTC Messaging Client [11th September] 0.7/12018.3727

Search This thread

G-ThGraf

Dec 8, 2009
Paris
907788HOm_of.png

Greets all,

By now I presume no intorduction is needed for myself and AngelDeath. We have decided to merge our efforts and unite in what we are doing. We feel that together we could analyze and provide possible faster releases, less installation errors, less bugs, and less user intervention during installation.

Our ambitions

• Release the most stable version of HTC Messaging Client (By AngelDeath and G-ThGraf) / (Base on Build 2016 and 2017 from HTC Corporation)
  • New feature and custom
  • We will make all EXT for ROM Cooker and share a maximum of language

We'are making a new start, we release the best compilation of HTC files from official (or not) release to make the best of HTC Messaging Client.

If you want to support us, you just need to test our files, give feedbacks and report bugs... (don't forget to post many informations about your device...)

For the end of our introduction, we want to be sure that all peoples remember that we are a community and we need you, we need our suggestion to make it better!

Current Version: 0.71/2018.3727​
Current activity of HCM: Working on the a new build base on 1.8.2018.3325

HTC Messaging Client by DeathAngel and G-ThGraf, the way it should be

*HCM= Home of the HTC Messaging Client

-------------------------------------------------------​

Download final release

Cab:
*Avaible, here

How to make a proper install (update with a method to prevent trouble during Installation by ws6nightcat):

-1*Disable sense (in StartMenu->Settings->Home->Items Unchek HTC Sense)
-Soft Reset
-2*Install .cab HCM-Messaging Client(in main memory) -- Get error? Go to step 3*
-Soft Reset for finish installation!
-wizard for MMS settings is under start->settings->connections->connection setup

-3*Install this cab in your main memory and DO NOT SOFT RESET
-4*Install .cab HCM-Messaging Client(in main memory)
-wizard for MMS settings is under start->settings->connections->connection setup

Huge Thanks to ws6nightcat for his contribution!

+Enable SMS Search feature (only)

or

4 (news) features !

From Messaging Client:

*SMS Search -> for search an sms !

*Group SMS -> to send sms to some people.... Useless cause already in before and cleaner --> but it's a new feature :D

From start Menu: (application is currently in chinese :D :D ^^)

*SMS Backup -> backup sms Tools

*Auto Reply -> Automatic reply....

Available, here*

EXT:
Here is the lastest release. Download the lastest version

Changelog:

v0.71:
Update to build 3727

v0.7:
*Update to build 1.8.2018.3325
*Some icons update
*2 new features (SMS Search & Short SMS) but Short SMS doesn't works yet^^
*(fix) Notification for VIP features
*Sending image (small png at the right of message during sending)

v0.404:
*fix chinese language bugs

v0.4:
*Update to build 1.8.2017.3128
*fix secure box issue (blank features )
* Fixed the VIP/Password Management bug appearing under "Options" in Non-secure mode. (Only occurs in the 1.8 versions)
* Secure Box Enabled.
* Disabled SMS Sent Notification
* Disabled MMS Sent Notification (Delivery Report in Conversation not disabled)
* Enabled MMS Auto-Rotate Preview
* Enabled in Traditional Mode loading of x amount of msgs before PAUSING! (Set to 25 Msgs by Reg. Edit)
* Secure Box Enabled thru Contacts!
* Enabled Pausing of Msgs in Threaded Mode. Loads 30 MSGS. (Must use Manila.Message.2.6.20172510.0 for Threaded Mode Pausing!
* Now with MMS Auto-Rotate, the PLAYER ALSO Rotates & RE-SIZES!!!

ScreenShot:

Message TAB (2017)
521988Screenshot14_1_.png
784144Screenshot15_1_.png
(Our build of HTC Messaging Client)

Please give Feedbacks about Stability, speed....

Attachments

• HTCMSGCLIENT.0.7.2018.3325.cab
    3.6 MB · Views: 3,932
  • HTCMessaging_Client_0_7_20183325_00.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 7,142
Last edited:
Reactions: htinfo and abmantis

AngelDeath

Attachments

• Mike304.VZ.MMS.FIX.cab
    46.9 KB · Views: 410
  • HTCMSG.Client.2018.1630.GSM.Beta.cab
    3.5 MB · Views: 184
  • HTCMessaging_Client_1_8_20181630_00.GSM.EXT.BETA.7z
    3 MB · Views: 137
  • HTCMSGClient.1.8.2018.2222.cab
    3.6 MB · Views: 581
  • HTCMessaging_Client_1_8_20182222_00.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 598
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: htinfo

AngelDeath

1.8.2018.1630 MUI Files

Sorry I havent been updating this thread but I had some eye problems and couldnt focus on the screen due to bright light, but here is the MUI files for people willing to translate them.

We will be starting with the most current file: 1.8.2018.1630. All Languages will be added to this post or Links to replies will be added to this post.

German Language: http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=381355&d=1281959846 (Thanks Sqoerk)

Last edited:

G-ThGraf

Dec 8, 2009
Paris
We included the 2017 because HTC Messing Client doesn't works with an old Manila Message....

@aaamador, i got many bugs with my cabs without good reason... Really strange!

AngelDeath

Why did you include Manila Message 2016 EXT? Thats not compatible with other Sense 2.5 versions... Is it?
EDIT: I cooked it in my ROM but did not include the Manila Message EXT. It works nicely. Thanks!

There is a reason for that to be included, Feature Listing coming soon, Sorry have been away for the past day 1/2. But will get started filling in the details tomorrow. Trust US, cook it, it will work, we are living proof, we dont release something we havent tested or use. All answers will be provided soon!

We included the 2017 because HTC Messing Client doesn't works with an old Manila Message....

@aaamador, i got many bugs with my cabs without good reason... Really strange!

The old Manila Message will work the the EXT, but it will not provide you with a stable build. I found this solution and it has made the messaging system VERY stable.

@aaamador, I will be looking into the Cab problem that G-ThGraf is having, but as I said, if you have installed a cab already, chances are you wont be able to install another version type over it, the phone for some reason prevent this. I will be trying different things to get the current release of the cab working, and possibly finding a way to overwrite prior versions, but no guarantee on that. Please bare with us as we are trying to get into a groove since teaming up.

marscandybars

Apr 11, 2006
change secure box password

I made a password for secure box and decided i want to change it. But i do not know how. any advice?

indagroove

Nov 17, 2007
So, are you saying that with your EXT we don't need to include the HTC Message package or what? Are there any modifications we need for CDMA networks. I assume that MMS isn't working on networks like Sprint still, so can I use arcsoft for that along with this messaging client?

G-ThGraf

Dec 8, 2009
Paris
So, are you saying that with your EXT we don't need to include the HTC Message package or what? Are there any modifications we need for CDMA networks. I assume that MMS isn't working on networks like Sprint still, so can I use arcsoft for that along with this messaging client?

When u use these EXT:

Disale HTC Message... Enable HTC Messaging... Disable Manila Message... Enable the newer (including in .zip)

MMS=> We will release all settings for Sprint and T-Mo later... So not sure it's works now... (can't test it) i live in france :D

AngelDeath will test it :D

indagroove

Nov 17, 2007
When u use these EXT:

Disale HTC Message... Enable HTC Messaging... Disable Manila Message... Enable the newer (including in .zip)

MMS=> We will release all settings for Sprint and T-Mo later... So not sure it's works now... (can't test it) i live in france :D

AngelDeath will test it :D

Is the manila message in the zip cfc compressed or not? I highly doubt that MMS is working with Sprint, so hopefully arcsoft plays nicely with this app.

vgunmanga

Sep 16, 2007
Guelph
Is this WVGA only? I used the 2015 messaging with no problems on VGA. The 2017 messaging, manila message combo are slightly out of place. Also I don't get the send button in people message tab.

screenshots attached

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot1.jpg
    Screenshot1.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 237
  • Screenshot2.png
    Screenshot2.png
    83 KB · Views: 267

G-ThGraf

Dec 8, 2009
Paris
Yeah new Manila Message don't have this button... that's why i release a shortcut to replace!

You can use the old but

The old Manila Message will work the the EXT, but it will not provide you with a stable build. I found this solution and it has made the messaging system VERY stable. (AngelDeath)

Last edited:

vgunmanga

Sep 16, 2007
Guelph
Yeah new Manila Message don't have this button... that's why i release a shortcut to replace!

The shortcut is for a new sms from the start menu, it's not a send button...if I'm not mistaken.

Am I the only one with the misplaced sender name in the sense tab?
(I don't mean to be a whiner, you have done a wonderful job)

G-ThGraf

Dec 8, 2009
Paris
The shortcut is for a new sms from the start menu, it's not a send button...if I'm not mistaken.

Am I the only one with the misplaced sender name in the sense tab?
(I don't mean to be a whiner, you have done a wonderful job)

Oops, sorry! I think you ask for new message ^^

So you need to enable it on registry...

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
"LSK_Send_Msg"=dword:00000000

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    907788HOm_of.png

Greets all,

By now I presume no intorduction is needed for myself and AngelDeath. We have decided to merge our efforts and unite in what we are doing. We feel that together we could analyze and provide possible faster releases, less installation errors, less bugs, and less user intervention during installation.

Our ambitions

• Release the most stable version of HTC Messaging Client (By AngelDeath and G-ThGraf) / (Base on Build 2016 and 2017 from HTC Corporation)
    • New feature and custom
    • We will make all EXT for ROM Cooker and share a maximum of language

We'are making a new start, we release the best compilation of HTC files from official (or not) release to make the best of HTC Messaging Client.

If you want to support us, you just need to test our files, give feedbacks and report bugs... (don't forget to post many informations about your device...)

For the end of our introduction, we want to be sure that all peoples remember that we are a community and we need you, we need our suggestion to make it better!

Current Version: 0.71/2018.3727​
    Current activity of HCM: Working on the a new build base on 1.8.2018.3325

HTC Messaging Client by DeathAngel and G-ThGraf, the way it should be

*HCM= Home of the HTC Messaging Client

-------------------------------------------------------​

Download final release

Cab:
    *Avaible, here

How to make a proper install (update with a method to prevent trouble during Installation by ws6nightcat):

-1*Disable sense (in StartMenu->Settings->Home->Items Unchek HTC Sense)
    -Soft Reset
    -2*Install .cab HCM-Messaging Client(in main memory) -- Get error? Go to step 3*

-3*Install this cab in your main memory and DO NOT SOFT RESET
    -4*Install .cab HCM-Messaging Client(in main memory)

Huge Thanks to ws6nightcat for his contribution!

+Enable SMS Search feature (only)

or

4 (news) features !

From Messaging Client:

*SMS Search -> for search an sms !

*Group SMS -> to send sms to some people.... Useless cause already in before and cleaner --> but it's a new feature :D

From start Menu: (application is currently in chinese :D :D ^^)

*SMS Backup -> backup sms Tools

*Auto Reply -> Automatic reply....

Available, here*

EXT:
    Here is the lastest release. Download the lastest version

Changelog:

v0.71:
    Update to build 3727

v0.7:
    *Update to build 1.8.2018.3325
    *Some icons update
    *2 new features (SMS Search & Short SMS) but Short SMS doesn't works yet^^
    *(fix) Notification for VIP features
    *Sending image (small png at the right of message during sending)

v0.404:
    *fix chinese language bugs

v0.4:
    *Update to build 1.8.2017.3128
    *fix secure box issue (blank features )
    * Fixed the VIP/Password Management bug appearing under "Options" in Non-secure mode. (Only occurs in the 1.8 versions)
    * Secure Box Enabled.
    * Disabled SMS Sent Notification
    * Disabled MMS Sent Notification (Delivery Report in Conversation not disabled)
    * Enabled MMS Auto-Rotate Preview
    * Enabled in Traditional Mode loading of x amount of msgs before PAUSING! (Set to 25 Msgs by Reg. Edit)
    * Secure Box Enabled thru Contacts!
    * Enabled Pausing of Msgs in Threaded Mode. Loads 30 MSGS. (Must use Manila.Message.2.6.20172510.0 for Threaded Mode Pausing!
    * Now with MMS Auto-Rotate, the PLAYER ALSO Rotates & RE-SIZES!!!

ScreenShot:

Message TAB (2017)
    521988Screenshot14_1_.png
    784144Screenshot15_1_.png
    (Our build of HTC Messaging Client)

Please give Feedbacks about Stability, speed....
    Sorry for the Long Absence.

Greets All,

I would like to first apologize for the long absence of mine off this forum. Alot happened that prevented me from being able to do anything. Having a cronic issue with my eyes prevented me from being able to do anything for the last 2 1/2 months, let alone be able to look at a screen, on top of that two of my systems went down and one of them being the machine I use to come here and the other that I use to save all my information, so again I am sorry that I have been out of the loop with answering questions.

But I'm back, and I have early XMAS Presents that I have been working on. First off As good news and bad news. Bad News: I have recently upgraded to a HTC TMOUS HD2 (Unlocked and working on AT&T), which I will be focusing on as I upgrade and cook. The good news is, I will continue with making the Msging client for both the HTC Tilt2/TP2 (Can only test US) and for the TMOUS HD2. So on to what's new:

HTC Messaging Client 1.8.20192421 Zipped. I will not be cabbing this, all the files are there and fully working with secure box enabled. (Working on TP2 US currently. Not tested on an HD2, this was the last version I finished before my absence.) This version is complete and with no issues to report during my testing.

HTC Messaging Client 1.8.2019.3733 NSB Cabbed
    HTC Messaging Client 1.8.2019.3733 SB Cabbed
    Max List Edit Zip

Now info on the last three:

V1.8.2019.3733 NSB (No Secure Box) is Stock original. Nothing has been modified. Nothing has been changed. Out of the box this works very smoothly and quickly. I have tested this with both Tilt2/TP2 and the HD2.

Warnings:

1.8.2019.3733 NSB: Some people may experience loss of msgs in threaded mode coming from a older version. Advise on backing up all msgs before attempting to upgrade to this version. The "REL" file that holds the msgs has been updated and can cause msgs only to appear in Traditional Mode. If you have or had secure box enabled on older versions, and dont back up your msgs, you possibly will lose them after the upgrade.

V1.8.2019.3733 SB (Secure Box) Modified Files.

Warnings:

1.8.2019.3733 SB: This version in general had alot of features that were missing, not only are the lines missing, but many png files, html files, etc. The key file that controls activating notification in Secure Box aside from the lines needing to be added is the "MessagingService.dll" file. (Pyrorob found this. Good catch). This file was replaced in this version with 1.8.2019.2421 version.

Side Note: You CANNOT take the 0409 folder from the prior build and add it to this build (HTML file can be used), it seems to mess up the screens for Options, MMS server settings, and the msgs when opened.

Now there are some possible limitations in both NSB and SB from my initial testing listed below:

Notifications work as prior versions, EXCEPT; when you enter Secure Box the green bubble with the number in the middle doesnt appear of who sent you the msg (trying to find what file thats in. Possibly MessageNotification.dll). Also it apparently seems the sending icon after sending a msg is no longer there next to your name. What I noticed with this is that it seems with the icon gone, I think it sends faster then with the icon there (Maybe its a placebo).

Max List Edit Zip

Everyone I know is asking what this is. Its actually from what I see a new feature at least in this version (Found this by sheer accident). In the registry there is a line that seems to control two things that I wasnt aware of, I only thought it controlled 1 thing. In "Traditional Mode" There was a REG edit that would control how many Msgs it would show you whether you were in your inbox, sent, drafts. Another Reg edit was used for deleted items. But what I found in 1.8.2019.3733 version is that it seems to control in "Threaded Mode" how many contacts it shows with msgs when you go into all messages. Which I think was a good idea, so say for example you have facebook subscriptions to friends, and you know how they always update and you keep getting notifications, they can add up, and slow down getting into a msg. Well I created 4 reg settings, 10, 25, 50, 100 depending on which file you use it will only list that many in "All Messages" and at the bottom you will see a button saying "Get More...". From what I know this feature wasnt in there.

All the files attached to this post. These versions DO work with AT&T and should work with TMOUS, If you need settings for TMOUS MMS I backed up the HD2 registry before changing it to AT&T and at least for the US it should work.

Please to help better answer questions, please make sure if you have any problems, or glitches, starting after my post you specify HD2 or Tilt2/TP2. This will make a big difference since different phones may experience different problems.

Also I cannot guarantee this to work on any other phone as I do not have any others to test with. Please be advised you will be trying at your OWN risk if you do.