[GAME] Rat's Retaliation

Search This thread

SIAS87

Nov 8, 2010
www.isyslabs.blogspot.com
Hi guys,

Just thought I would let you know about my game Rat's Retaliation - its been in the market for a couple of months but never posted about it.
I have just released a big update and thought you might be interested.

The game is a remake/clone of the classic Windows game Rodent's Revenge. It is a skill based arcade game where you take the roll of a Rat. You have to push blocks around to trap cats and turn them into cheese. There are obstacles and threats in later levels making it very challenging.

If you were familiar with the original this remake stays very true to the original game play but also offers survival gameplay mode. If you aren't familiar with it then give it a go and experience a classic arcade game.

screenshot5.png

Use the links below to download this free game, or scan the code below. Up to date news on updates can be found at my blog or on twitter.

img.php

Download Rat's Retaliation through android market
Download Rat's Retaliation through appbrain

I have been working on the controls which a few people have commented are tricky, any suggestions on improving them would be very much appreciated! And of course any comments, feedback or ideas would be brilliant!

If you enjoy the game please leave a positive rating in the market :)

Dan

Last edited:

SIAS87

Nov 8, 2010
I just tested that link and it works fine on my phone. I have uploaded an APK installer file to the original post so you can directly install it or you can search in the android market for rat's retaliation and it should be there.
Sorry for any inconvenience!

Dan

jackeh070

Jul 1, 2010
The game is fun, as it was always fun.
As for controls, the onscreed dpad in portrait mode isn't really good for me, being a rectangle. I would put it in 'normal' square setup (the same as in landscape, maybe little bigger), even though it'd mean leaving some space empty.

camwinnn

Jul 23, 2009
Wow very nice, cheese melted cats are all i remember from an old win98 system.

Oh and a snowman that eats you, ever thought about skifree?

MattKilla

Feb 12, 2009
Seattle, WA
THIS IS THE BEST ****ING THING EVER FOR ANYTHING.

I am in awe. I haven't seen this game even MENTIONED in almost 15 years.

OP, give me your address. I am sending you a blow-job.

SIAS87

Nov 8, 2010
Hey guys,

thanks so much for the positive feedback!

Mattkilla I will have to pass, but thanks for the offer and the great reaction lol

I am very open to any suggestions to improve the game in any way if any one has any ideas or suggestions.

Also please support this game by rating it in android market - it encourages me to make more classics :). Ski free would be an obvious choice for android devices, specially as the controls are so simple.

Reactions: MattKilla

MattKilla

Feb 12, 2009
Seattle, WA
Hey guys,

Mattkilla I will have to pass, but thanks for the offer and the great reaction lol

This seriously made my decade, man. 201X was marked with the second-coming of Rodent's Revenge. I will tell my children of this when they are old enough to pretend to care. Seriously, though, this game brought back a flood of Windows 3.1 memories, when I used to sit at OfficeDepot/Max/whatever that was and play on their demo computers and play Rodent's Revenge, Chip's Challenge, Minesweeper and -WISH- I could ever have something like it at home. Not too long later, we got a Hewlett-Packard 33MHz 486. And all was good.

So you could imagine my JUBILATION when I read the tweet from @xda-developers, "Android: Game: Rat's Retaliation for Android"; the name was exactly as familiar enough to make me giddy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

Just thought I would let you know about my game Rat's Retaliation - its been in the market for a couple of months but never posted about it.
    I have just released a big update and thought you might be interested.

The game is a remake/clone of the classic Windows game Rodent's Revenge. It is a skill based arcade game where you take the roll of a Rat. You have to push blocks around to trap cats and turn them into cheese. There are obstacles and threats in later levels making it very challenging.

If you were familiar with the original this remake stays very true to the original game play but also offers survival gameplay mode. If you aren't familiar with it then give it a go and experience a classic arcade game.

screenshot5.png

Use the links below to download this free game, or scan the code below. Up to date news on updates can be found at my blog or on twitter.

img.php

Download Rat's Retaliation through android market
    Download Rat's Retaliation through appbrain

I have been working on the controls which a few people have commented are tricky, any suggestions on improving them would be very much appreciated! And of course any comments, feedback or ideas would be brilliant!

If you enjoy the game please leave a positive rating in the market :)

Dan
    Hey guys,

I am very open to any suggestions to improve the game in any way if any one has any ideas or suggestions.

Also please support this game by rating it in android market - it encourages me to make more classics :). Ski free would be an obvious choice for android devices, specially as the controls are so simple.
    OMG the memories!!

tried installing it on Hero but it always comes up with 'install unsuccessful' :(

This is an old market problem which I thought they had solved. but anyway try removing your SD card then installing it.
    Let me know if that doesn't work and I will try and work out whats happening!