DroidSans Tweak Tools Released : Enable Auto Rotate for your G1

Search This thread

nuuneoi

Jul 9, 2007
Hi,

I just finished beta version of tweak tools name DroidSans Tweak Tools. It provides some cool abilities, for example, Auto Rotate Screen, Reboot your Phone and etc.

droidsanstweaktools02.png

Please check this page for instructions and more information http://www.droidsans.com/droidsans-tweak-tools.

Please note that it works only on modified firmware G1.

Enjoy!

Sittiphol Phanvilai
DroidSans.com

Reactions: russanandres

usmc2k

Apr 12, 2006
I.E.
Couldnt access the web page either so did some discovery for myself..... First if u have JesusFrekes v1.2 and the su password like me u have to turn ur password off. then make ur root read/writeable then disable auto rotate then enable it and it workd for me !!!! great app

xavier6303

Feb 12, 2007
Tampa
works like a charm...Thanks for your contribution. Auto-rotate is awesome!! Can't wait for auto-rotate in browser!

Last edited:

pic.micro23

Nov 14, 2008
I will have options to enter su password in next version.

That will be nice. But I think we would like to see the source code so the experts (not me) can verify that nothing nasty is being done under the hood.

We are lucky (thanks to several xda members) to still have root and I'm not willing to risk it for an autorotate app.

nuuneoi

Jul 9, 2007
That will be nice. But I think we would like to see the source code so the experts (not me) can verify that nothing nasty is being done under the hood.

We are lucky (thanks to several xda members) to still have root and I'm not willing to risk it for an autorotate app.

I know what you mean but if I wanna destroy another one phone using my app, I can post the fake source code and publish the another one, right? So it's all about the credit.

Search my name "Sittiphol Phanvilai" using google or any search engine and you will see who I am and how trust I am.

Cheers,

Koush

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 21, 2007

I posted the code in another thread on how to rotate the screen programatically. I'm not sure if that's what he is doing though. If you guys want, I can write up an app to do it as well as distribute the source.

SGTDavePwnage

Nov 9, 2008
Well i think that settles it,

I wont be using this as we have no way of telling what its doing in the background!!!
It might have something dodgy in.

The Author needs to understand that some people will be thinking the same, but i suppose its his/her choice not to show the code.

*** Cheers Koush, that would be greatly appreciated ***

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I just finished beta version of tweak tools name DroidSans Tweak Tools. It provides some cool abilities, for example, Auto Rotate Screen, Reboot your Phone and etc.

droidsanstweaktools02.png

Please check this page for instructions and more information http://www.droidsans.com/droidsans-tweak-tools.

Please note that it works only on modified firmware G1.

Enjoy!

Sittiphol Phanvilai
    DroidSans.com